3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nexus_S 14.09.19 08:46 pm

The problem with optimization (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Hello, I have the laptop

Lenovo Ideapad Z510

intel core i5-4200m (2.5 - 3.1 GHz)

8Gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce GT740M 2Gb

Windows 8.1

Decided to protest it the Witcher 3. Understand that iron is wrong, but that's what eventually got.

At the minimum game settings about 11-12 frames and above does not rise. I have tried many different configs for weak laptops, but the results are almost not there, plus a couple of frames and all. Reached already before that put the file at 640x480, the size of all textures and shaders 64K x 64K, removed all the grass, ran to the window, and only got 17-18 fps unstable, constantly sags to 15, which often goes in spurts, and the same everywhere, no matter in town or on flat terrain. I have even cut the trees and grass and reduced the range of drawing. And almost nothing is not allowed. Watched a lot of videos for the launch of the Witcher on my laptop or almost the same hardware and don't understand why I can't achieve at least stable 20 frames.

Here are some videos about the launch with the same processor as mine and same video card:

Spoiler

Core i5-4200u

On average 17-22-25 frames, it's a given that the authors have not ruled config, especially as serious as I here they have a minimum game settings. Saw someone run even on 1600x900. My numbers even with such a wretched quality, and some were not.

Tell me that I can try to do, I really do not understand this difference.
10 Comments
Sort by:
F
Felsune17 14.09.19

I do it was held in 12-17 fps in full HD. Not the Noah xD And in the case, the iron PTS weak.

[
[Denis Aleksandrovich] 14.09.19

Nexus_S
Under Witcher 3 the nature desirable.Nout forest

Z
ZanVan 14.09.19

As a variant of bask themselves the guts of a laptop is redundant, the resources are heavily loaded, even before the launch of the game is trash and veryatina at startup.

s
sademus 14.09.19

trottling MB?

z
zolthan 14.09.19

With such a processor to hope especially there is nothing. The only thing I can advise, try it in task Manager to kill the process NVidia Open GL I have, he eats almost 60% of the video memory and CPU.

N
Nexus_S 14.09.19

sademus wrote:
trottling MB?
By the way, Yes, lately I began to observe this phenomenon, just not immediately able to learn about it. In any game even if it is on average about 60 frames, GPU temperature jumps dramatically to 97 degrees, and it resets the frequency to 2 times. I do not know what is due, assuming no good cooling system, though I may be wrong. But until the reset frequency has the time and I was just in this interval and test. And I didn't notice the drawdown of personnel in other less demanding games, only Witcher.

N
Nexus_S 14.09.19

zolthan wrote:
try task Manager to kill the process NVidia Open GL
No this process in the Manager panel, NVIDIA is auto on Open GL.

s
sevapva 14.09.19

poor optimization - this is when the brakes on powerful hardware, not any ***

P
Palych Rokov 08.12.21

quite normal optimization

B
BurningHix 08.12.21

If you don’t mind the money, take DIGITALRAZOR NANO. New assemblies of computers from DigitalRazor (if this is not an advertisement, I use it myself). True, the price is high. Comp cannon, not that the Witcher will go to ultras, but any game