3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pochtipushkin 16.12.19 05:34 am

Impressions of the game (Hunt: Showdown)

It is strange that until now nobody has shared their experiences and impressions of the game.
I'll start in order, starting with the most important (for me):

1) Gameplay: it would Seem that shooters have seen a lot already, and the Royal rumble is not new, and vs zombies fought... But for me personally, the Hunt is a breath of fresh air and perhaps a new gaming experience for many years, which gives an inexpressible emotion. There was some mixture of horror and battle Royale. The whole thing comes complete with an extra a shot of adrenaline in the form of permanent death. So, in other session games you can run where they shoot, with no fear. Well kill you, well not you have received anything (and very often, even in the event of death there is reward, but less). Hunt in fear of losing pumped hunter, and even with an expensive barrel on the edge, just does not allow you to rush headlong. The game forces you to think about each step, react to every rustle.
2) Setting: of Course, a matter of taste, but the wild West, and even inhabited by evil spirits is the direct van love. The design of the locations, objects, weapons (of him alone), the attention to detail. No riot of colors, snot and artificially. Only dirt, blood, darkness and death. The unfriendly outside world just on top.
3) the Plot: Here, very briefly, it is not. And do I need it? A single company either.
4) Graphics: Magicians from Crytek for their engine to work miracles, that we all know. Hunt was no exception. Even on medium settings the game displays a beautiful picture. Lighting and vegetation deserve special praise (especially at night). Of course, that is not without jambs, all the same, early access. Sometimes incorrectly displays reflections, shadows, etc. but it never spoils.
5) Optimization: It corresponds to the early access. On the GTX 970 at medium settings in 1080p, fps jumps from 35 to 60(rare). The average is 45. Map, while not loaded more than 70% (CPU as well). At the moment I personally lack good optimization does not interfere. The game is more than playable (sorry for the tautology).
6) Sound: Here's just 10 of 10. In fact, the sound of the Hunt was the cornerstone, he's probably as important as vision:
A flock of crows, disturbed by hunters
Poluchennye horses, asking for about the death all around every passing hunter
Angry dogs in a cage
The restless inhabitants of the coops
Squelch steps on the water
The rustle of grass
The crackle of debris and glass underfoot
Shots
All this gives you and helps you detect enemies. Headphones the game immerses itself in just head. . .
Shooting: of Course, this element of gameplay, but in the Hunt I would like to bring this aspect in a separate paragraph without reference to the rating of importance. Shooting gives indescribable pleasure, which, personally, I have not received any other shooters. Shots and hits just caress the ear. Reload animation is mesmerizing. The impact and appearance of the weapon... no words. Weapons in the game 43 the instance. All the weapons corresponds to the setting (masangano and rockets you will not find here). A head shot is lethal.
Nevertheless, the Hunt, it is not about shootings. If you run headlong and deliberately look for other players, the probability of death approaches the maximum. Shooting here is a way to survive, way to protect yourself as a last resort. The exception is cases when you are sure that your shot will allow you to kill another hunter with impunity.

I'll probably never rooted for the game. I want to Hunt to live and thrive. Despite the early access, from me, at the moment, the game gets a 9 out of 10.

Don't believe those who say that the game is solid Bush**rocheste attempt to steal the prey from the point of evacuation. Most likely it's just the distributors of the views of any streamer (or a couple thereof), which is burnt, possibly from the only such case. They, very likely, never even played in the Hunt.
Personally, I have never met ambush at the exit point (and enough for about 80 sessions).
Yes, there are hunters who wait, ambush the boss, come up from behind. But, as I wrote above, the game is about tactics, not about shooting BB's in the open field. If you have the patience to look out for, wait for their prey, if not of the mind to outwit, you're not a hunter, you're a counter terrorist running around on the map, and then complains that he was killed from the bushes.

If you are tormented by the question: to take or not to Take?. Take without thinking, but if You have a minimum of a GTX 970, patience, desire to hunt, not to shoot and if you are not going to confuse a lack of consistent 60 fps.

PS Good luck to all hunting!
22 Comments
Sort by:
B
B00000 16.12.19

pochtipushkin
Che is not in the blogs....?

p
pochtipushkin 16.12.19

D18K
I don't know, why not in the blog...
No experience to write such things on websites. Here and placed where it seemed appropriate.

s
serjik_1000 16.12.19

Go to the blog)) a game.

p
pochtipushkin 16.12.19

serjik_1000
OK, tomorrow will observe the rules of the blog and gash. The game really, fire )

-
-JoisaN- 16.12.19

Great game!!! Playing together with my husband, have fun! Very atmospheric, very addictive! Optimization, of course, lame, but it's early access. I hope Kraytek it finished and release at its best! Waiting for new card)

C
CHRONO_ 16.12.19

Good toy. And thanks for the fix, what gave the opportunity to play and test the game for free last weekend! The game will take

H
Homyach 16.12.19

I am very capricious in terms of games, but this one went, another came in. Definitely worth taking!!!

S
Skvizgar 16.12.19

Honestly, after playing this game, for some reason I remembered ubisoftas For Honor, these games are a total of only two things. The first is both have their own new and interesting gameplay mechanics, and the second is partially out of the first one, these games with a high barrier to entry, and hence mass recognition and unlikely to get big online, they will not, therefore, feel anxious, as if these games are not closed.

v
vstorspb 16.12.19

Che you got me confused: Hunt: Showdown and Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age is one game? And then in the ribbon, signed the topic that it relates to the Hunt: Horrors of the Gilded Age, and click on that name you get on a forum page Hunt: Showdown??? It renamed or is it a new game?

L
LaFeT666 16.12.19

when stesnyaeshsya to do a blog.....

S
Splatterhouse 20.12.20

of course they will finish it, it is always
like this for the krayteks (they will not finish one fig)

P
Palych Rokov 30.03.21

pochtipushkin Can
you please tell me , how many levels (maps) are there in the simplest basic version? Can't get a taste of what's in there for the game, new cards or just characters with weapons? Which version of the game should I buy?

W
Winfield1873 30.03.21

Palych Rokov
In dls only skins (weapons / hunters), there are only 2 cards, and the third is in development. But these two cards are enough to hunt fun and on a grand scale. Buy the version of the game that does not have dls (skins can be bought later and to your taste, because everyone has their own concept of beauty). At the time of this writing, the incentive has a 50% discount, and if you manage to snatch a hunt for 674 hazel grouse, then it will be a better investment in the incentive. Hunt: Showdown is an extremely interesting project with its own subtleties, mechanics and jambs, similar to which I have not yet met. It's definitely worth playing.

P
Palych Rokov 30.03.21

Winfield1873
What about the balance? In the response to the incentive, they write that they can connect a newbie to those who already have an overdofig rank there, and of course a newbie is therefore taken out from a distance at a time and like there are cheaters?

W
Winfield1873 30.03.21

Yes, there is no balance on the individual skill, and you will be thrown to the players who clicked on the search for a match at the same time as you. And most likely you will fly away from an incomprehensible as well as from an unknown source. But this is first. Then you will study most of the locations, find out the best positioning for yourself, learn how to use consumables and tools correctly, feel the effective range of the weapon and choose your style of play. You will find out where you can cheat and how best to nae6 @ tb too smart-ass. To begin with (what a surprise!) It is better to undergo training, where you will be shown how to walk, jump and shoot. And one more boss. It's better to go online with a friend who has at least a couple of hundred hours in the hunt, because there are mechanics here that are not so obvious. About cheaters, I can say that yes, they are, but there are not so many of them here. In 1,500 hours of playing the game, I saw only two such gays. And in most cases, the death of your hunt is your carelessness and carelessness.

B
Brivid0_Boy 03.11.21

-JoisaN-
Happy for my husband)

p
podmot 09.01.22

I liked the game very much. Atmospheric! But FPS drawdowns sometimes enrage :)

P
Palych Rokov 09.07.22

Should I buy the base version without the DLC? How is the balance in the game in general? Are there cheaters?

P
Palych Rokov 09.07.22

In short, do not buy this hat, although the game is out of early access, it is still a crude craft. According to the graphics, it sucks completely, but it eats over 10GB of video memory, it’s somehow strange to see the disappearing corpses of ghouls in 2022 and it disgusts me personally, for games 20 years ago this is the norm, but not in 2022 , if there was still some kind of animation with the dissolution of bodies with some beautiful effects, this could be understood, but when a corpse stupidly disappears before your eyes, it's a gesture, like the fact that in 4 years since the release they could not fix them stuck in textures and add the ability to expand the viewing angle. The gameplay of the game is also fierce crap, after half an hour of the game I made a request for a refund, so my verdict - I advise you to pass by

g
getjet 21.08.22

Palych Rokov
DLC is only skins for weapons and hunters. Pure cosmetics.