3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
LEvgeny 19.12.19 06:03 am

Stripped-down animation (Red Dead Redemption 2)

I understand what made the conventions in games. For example, in most older games, no animations, different character interactions with the outside world (such as pressing buttons, lifting objects, use of various elixirs or food, etc.). All this was done because of limited computational resources. Currently, the power of computers has increased significantly and in modern games, at least in animation, virtually no these same conventions. To take the latest God of War or Uncharted 4. Also in Red Dead Redemption 2 very high quality animation, and animated practically every action of the character. When I launched Red Dead Online, I understood that in this mode, a lot has changed for optimization. But such a hack I from Rockstar Games wasn't expecting. They stupidly cut the animation, not change it, not accelerated, and stupidly cut. The animation of putting away the gun in the holster steep, if in single mode, clearly animated as a character pulls out and removes the gun in the holster, the Online character pulls a hand gun appears in the holster. The same applies to carbine/rifle, when a person removes it for a spin, the animation is again precipitous. Some horseradish removed the bags. Now the character pulls an object out of thin air. The only thing they did right is the replacement animation a search of the bodies, now the character quickly performs it. Actually, maybe it's all the little things, but it catches the eye, play of course not interfere, but left an unpleasant aftertaste, especially after the gorgeous animation in single player mode.
Actually, I have a question: so no annoying animations in Red Dead Online and how do you feel about animation in games in General, how much it is important for you?
PS I know that Online a lot of problems and flaws, but are interested in the question about animation
4 Comments
Sort by:
C
Colt47pc 19.12.19

LEvgeny
A similar view. Very upset with this. But as far as I remember earlier there was the full animation online, then it cut, or because of the cries of the casual, or because of optimization, I do not know.
Upd. Although it is not, looked at records for 2018 Nov there is the same hat

A
Ashley33 17.12.20

It strains, and very much. In general, the Online mode left a strong aftertaste - it feels like it was done "just leave it alone." Very hack, very ...

A
Arditti 26.01.23

LEvgeny
strains the skinning animation because you need a lot of skins and constantly I spent the lion's share of the time watching the skinning animation

G
Grandshot 26.01.23

Long and elaborate animations harm the dynamics. Even in such a "slow" game like RDR2, long animations cannot be used everywhere, otherwise the dynamics will suffer greatly, and the player will simply fall asleep from boredom if this happens all the time. And for onlan, this is generally a verdict.