3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InboxM 22.12.19 08:54 pm

The paging file in Windows 10

Monitoring Msi afterburner in games shows the same paging file size, same Taiko is the volume shows the task Manager, no matter what the paging file is on the system.Paging file set manually, without system selection.
Now the paging file I have 1908-5632 MB, with 8 GB of RAM installed. And monitoring shows 10 gigs of VRam.While using the RAM 5 GB, say in one game. How would I set the paging file size in windows, msi afterburner and task Manager show in games other values, as opposed to the volume that I set.
And again. Under paging file size 1908-5632 the game eats up RAM eats about 5000 GB, but if you ask gigs of vram 10,that RAM will eat about 4GB. Why?
Well, msi afterburrner and shows their values. If who faced and figure things out in this, please explain.
34 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

InboxM
Afterburner shows virtual (do not know as correctly is called) the page file from RAM. Even when I have a real OP system (on disk) was completely disabled, the program showed its presence in the game, and always more than the amount of RAM.
Spoiler
Don't bother: this virtual FP does not affect the one you have on disk, and if it is a pity places under the main OP (on the drive), do I file paging with variable system size (if necessary). When need increases itself, and in idle is reduced to the minimum size.
Spoiler

I
InboxM 22.12.19

SonyK.
Ie 16MB is the bare minimum I see
And if I do 16-1908 MB with its 8 GB of RAM? I think that will vyskakovaci error about lack of memory.
As I understand it the pagefile and virtual memory are two different things, but most don't know about it)

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

InboxM
16 MB minimum, because the system needs to create some reports (can't remember what was written). The OP can do what you're comfortable with, I did so because something trebuetsya 16 MB minimum, 24 GB is recommended by the system it usually recommends to set OP the amount of RAM ~ 1.5 times.
...As I understand the paging file and virtual memory are two different things...
Yes, but burner" shows the virtual memory, not a real swap file.

I
InboxM 22.12.19

SonyK.
I figured out finally, thank you
Set FP 16-4096, But if I have 8 GB of RAM, ie 1.5-2 times of RAM, then you need to put FP poluchaetsya 12 or 16 GB

u
ucher.u 22.12.19

In General a paging file is always awarded automatically, regardless of what value he would put up. Therefore, under the system it is necessary to leave 100-150GB of free space on the hard disk.
The top ten is brought to the absolute. Won in Andromeda, 4K, file paging eats up 20-50GB.. that's not on the system, but purely in the game, plus another system task. I had never seen before. ))

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

InboxM
With 8 GB of RAM, the system should recommend ~12 GB (take a look what is written in the string Recommended, it is possible to put a maximum size if disk space is enough)...
Spoiler
...but if you do like me (samoizmenenie AF) to be used at the maximum it will not grow, and after a reboot / shutdown of the computer will be reset to the minimum.

M
MagicHero 22.12.19

ucher.u
ucher.u wrote:
In General a paging file is always awarded automatically, regardless of what value he would put up.
Why write nonsense. Put a 16 gig and 16 gig, no more no less. And you as a noob can keep 100-150g of free space )))

I
InboxM 22.12.19

SonyK.
I recommend 5632,I put. In a difficult task all Gud.

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

InboxM
It all depends on how to use the computer - what software / games. The paging file turned on recently and it just in case (to some cranky software / game not the boys played the fool), before it was just off (at all) and no problems experienced - of RAM enough for the eyes. And now, in principle, enough, but the games consume more VRAM than my graphics card. Then activated all of the data from VRAM throw in the RAM, when filled out and she's in the OP.

u
ucher.u 22.12.19

SonyK. wrote:
before it was just off
Nonsense, you know. This can only be done on Grune. But if I behaved oddly with the paging file, the system kicks in the office and she refuses to run. Therefore, already in Vista this candy from the kids took Schaub garbage not toiled. In the seven supersite little restricted even more, about ten so generally keep quiet. On the one hand it is correct, looking Cho now write.

SonyK. wrote:
. Then activated all of the data from VRAM throw in the RAM, when filled out and she's in the OP.
So, too, it is nonsense.

It is full HD at seven if that.
Video memory Packed with up to 96% of RAM 8Gb of 16, file paging 11Гб.
In the top ten still fun.
Nonsense, or myths, but that's long gone.. as departures in the office for these reasons. In modern Axes, for some critical functions, the tolerance of users is severely restricted. It is connected with safety, and not to pay insurance claims fans pageburst hands. ))

I
InboxM 22.12.19

SonyK.
As far as I know the paging file disable not rekomenduetsya, I think you know why. Without FP, the Windows incorrectly work with the RAM.

M
MagicHero 22.12.19

InboxM
ucher.u wrote:
Nonsense, you know. This can only be done on Grune.
Why do you continue from the topic in the topic to write your delusions and fantasies??? The swap file in the 10-ke you how to disable and adjust the size. If you even such basic things do not know, do not write here your nonsense.

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

ucher.u wrote:
Nonsense, you know. This can only be done on prune...
I write as it was - believe it or not, I do not care. FP was turned off and on Vista and on 7-ke - worked.
The memory is hammered by 96%
When you have a game the memory will be Packed polnstyu, specifically to approach the threshold of 100% (I have 4096 MB), then write.
Spoiler
I overflow VRAM and RAM with his own eyes (Afterburner showed on the screen of the game, and GPU-Z have followed in the system tray).
Spoiler
After complete filling of the RAM game for a few seconds slowed down - threw off the data from the RAM in the OP. After that, especially off of the game several times and watched for the OP - with 1-2 GB it gradually grew and by the time I was finished playing, up to 10 GB, although usually there is a minimum (16 MB). Screenshots, where in-game virtual FP is larger than 4 GB and the system itself employs a total of 16 MB, is in the post above.
Спойлерhttp://forums.playground.ru/software/windows/fajl_podkachki_v_windows_10-970666/#comment-17785069
...In modern Axes, for some critical functions, the tolerance of users is strictly limited...
Since when you disable AF when a large amount of RAM was critical function - can examples of operating systems where to turn it off manually does not work?

InboxM
I know only one thing - a few years of sitting without it and had no problems.
...Windows incorrectly works with RAM.
I would like the details - I have read that some software / games require FP for their work, but to Windows itself required the OP (with sufficient RAM), I hear for the first time.

u
ucher.u 22.12.19

SonyK. wrote:
FP was turned off and on Vista and on 7-ke - worked.
Off it is always only in one place, under - performance. And off he is there for applications. But for this you must have 100-150GB RAM, under one app type, game. )
He's not disabled at all. And 150GB of RAM you have, accordingly it works in the application. Elementary, put the monitoring of the same autobrennero file swap, and look. . before you argue. ;)

I
InboxM 22.12.19

MagicHero
SonyK.
Hey guys, I don't know who of us writes nonsense, but on the FP there are several opinions. Some say that AF can be disabled if 8 GB of RAM or more, others say that FP is not recommended to disable. Based on my personal experience, I will say that turning off AF will result in resource-intensive apps to crash with an error about not enough memory. Most games without FP to krasitsja on the download. Believe me it is so.Everyone has their own idea about anything. I have no idea what you are doing on your PC without FP.. and supposedly do not experience problems. MB in Yandex sitting. I respect the opinions of others,but everything I wrote above is purely my opinion.
Now FP is configured 16-4096 MB. About Msi Afterburner, I am silent, because the question is settled.

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

ucher.u wrote:
...for this you must have 100-150GB RAM, under one app type game...
...He's not disabled at all...
Spoiler
...put the monitoring of the same autobrennero file swap, and look...
Where did you get that the burner shows actual page file? What do you mean by this term? - if not this...
Spoilerful swap is a file (hard drive space) which the operating system uses in case of lack of memory... (from Google)....write an opinion.
InboxM wrote:
...disable FP will result in resource-intensive apps to crash with an error about not enough memory. Most games without FP to krasitsja on boot...
Examples of applications and games Studio. My OP was disabled from 2014 (when I bought 16 GB of RAM) up to 2017 (the above I wrote about the reasons why included): games and applications worked when switched off, the OP - nothing kresilas, etc.
...I have no idea what you are doing on your PC without FP.. and supposedly do not experience problems...
And I have no idea what you're doing on your PC - I speak for myself. I have problems with the software and games were not like others - I don't know.

I
InboxM 22.12.19

SonyK.
Yes please.Of the games:
Shadow of the tomb Raider crashes at boot
Far cry 5 play the download.
Gta 5 work blank screen with an error about not enough memory, after 5 minutes of play
The Witcher 3 was out after a few minutes of the game without any errors.
Battlefield 1 a similar situation)
The result on the face. Easier to say what games can't live without a swap file.
But personally, I don't need to disable the FP, everything is configured as I need.

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

InboxM
Maybe now is and became the way you write. Of these games I only played a little GTA and Battlefield (at the beginning of trying), but when the OP I had included (as described in the beginning of the topic).
...personally, I don't need to disable AF...
Now me - with my settings FP is not eat a lot of disk space: the permanent loss of 16 MB survive somehow... ;)

I
InboxM 22.12.19

SonyK.
What with the loss of 16 MB?

S
SonyK_2 22.12.19

InboxM
Spoiler