3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 24.12.19 10:48 am

Running old games on modern OS, for example NFS Carbon! (Need for Speed: Carbon)

Hello!

Many of you have faced such a problem when you run some old game on a modern OS, say on the same Windows 7, the game does not start and nothing happens. And of course you could put the work of one or another of the old game with the old OS, but in most cases it does not help. And if it helps, it breaks the game and the game refuses to work as intended. Therefore, in this topic, I would like to show and tell what's the problem, and how to run an old game on a new OS for example Need for Speed Carbon.

And without any superfluous introductions get straight to the point!

1. To get started, download the most NFS Carbon any version and installed on your PC. A version of the game we are not important, because the game does not depend, basically, this launch method, because it applies to all versions without exception.

2. Next, after installing the game, run it, and if the game does not start but you can see what your PC loads up and goes to load the game that you can check in Task Manager in the Performance tab, then open this same Manager and go to tab Processes.

3. In the processes looking for the process of your game. And if you don't know how this process is called, go to the folder with the installed game and see the name of the shortcut of the game. And Yes, the process will not be called the same way as the signed label to rate the game you have on your desktop because this label is, say, a reference to the original label, which is located in the folder with your game and this referring the shortcut on the desktop launches. Therefore, the process will be called, in this case with this game, not Need for Speed Carbon, and NFSC.exe.

4. After we found this process in Task Manager in the processes tab, then click on it with right mouse button and click on END PROCESS. Then run the game again, and eventually it should start in the second half. And why? But because the first time you run an old game on a new OS and new hardware, run the file rundll32, which is responsible for running old programs on new hardware, which is why your game the first time does not start, because start the process rundll32 file. But this process is heavily loading your computer, as if you ran it 10 demanding games at the same time, so in the following paragraphs we will deal with this process.

5. After your game launches, you can go to settings and successfully set for themselves. But after that, you will need to minimize the game by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and return to the task Manager. And if the game is just not minimized, then the called task Manager by pressing ALT+CTRL+DELETE, and then we will have screen Windows (at least on Windows 7) where we can choose the start Task Manager.

6. After going into the Task Manager you need to log in to the same PROCESSES tab, find the rundll32 process and to remove its task, just as we did before with the process NFSC.exe. And then we can close the task Manager and deploy the game back, returning to her and continuing to play as if nothing had happened.

6.1. Of course not all games can then be deployed back. For example, if NFS Carbon takes place from minimized state without problems, I'd say the same Turok Evolution unfolds, and you have to remove the task from the game itself, and all to do again, but this time without minimizing the game and removing tasks from the process rundll32. Therefore, in this case, there is an alternative, which is that in the game settings to enable windowed mode if it is supported to run the game in a window without having it collapse. This way you will be able to do all of the above, without the need for folding or unfolding game. But this applies only to those games which, after folding, in an emphasis do not want to unfold. All the other games, which normally takes place, it does not include.

Such is the method of running old games on new OS if compatibility with old OS will not help. And I hope that this method will be useful for you and help in starting junk on the new hardware. But if not, then sorry but what could that helped.

That's about it. All enjoy the game!
12 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexander_Vesker 24.12.19

DeathColdUA
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THROW YOUR TROUGH IN THE TRASH! I have from MV to Payback wines from 7 to 10 wines start without any issues. Pumped Galima of Rybakov on the same torrents.and begin to fill the posts

d
darkpromo 24.12.19

DeathColdUA wrote:
Many of you have faced such a problem when you run some old game on a modern OS
last time I encountered this 5 years ago, now almost all the old games run without dancing with a tambourine, but some need to run on the emulsion, for example, or to do dualbut

D
DeathColdUA 24.12.19

Alexander_Vesker
Alexander_Vesker wrote:
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THROW YOUR TROUGH IN THE TRASH!
You yourself trough! And not from a computer depends on game compatibility with the OS, why not carry a Blizzard!
Alexander_Vesker wrote:
kadimah of Ribakov
Teach Mat part of it, or check the comments before you write something. Also, I have not repak and a licensed copy, purchased back when something on the disk. So if you don't know what, again, do not carry snowstorm.

D
DeathColdUA 24.12.19

darkpromo
And what trigger, if not a secret? I have Windows 7 x64 Maximum and with old games such here problems. Not all of course, such as the Most Wanted 2005 fine to run without dances with a tambourine the first time, but the rest of the games I play, old, forced to look for a way to launch.

d
dilat 24.12.19

The same Carbon on a dozen runs quietly (which pirates that license). The only thing I need to add the - Widescreen Fix and all

d
darkpromo 24.12.19

DeathColdUA
launched, and 7 and 10, carbon worked fine, the only graphics settings reset all the time, but this is solved by a ban on entry in the settings file

D
DeathColdUA 24.12.19

darkpromo
As I said, I have Win 7 x64 maximum, and NFS Carbon works without dances with a tambourine. And if you put the work then the game breaks down, and begins to fly at some point. And not to reset the settings there are two options: 1. Supply from ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix, and in ini file specify the save settings in a separate ini file, that's all. 2. Or download and put in game folder file dimap.dll and all will be saved.
dilat
Alas, but a dozen on my laptop is not working. Iron seems weak. Therefore, sitting on seven, but a game problem, if not to dance with a tambourine every time I in this subject wrote.

d
dilat 24.12.19

DeathColdUA
I and on 7-ke it went fine. It is strange that you have a problem with it, honestly

D
DeathColdUA 24.12.19

dilat
Yeah me too, weird. But what can I do? Game version is latest 1.4, but that's not like I don't know. Apparently the problem is Windows 7.

Z
ZigXay 20.01.23

and the problem may also be due to the multi-core processor, specifically carbon does not fully support multi-core, there are crashes, in this case, through the same task manager, you need to allow the game to use only 1 core
Task managerprocesses tabselect an already running NFSC process. exe with the right keyset match and leave this process only 1 core

R
Ronhard 20.01.23

DeathCold
I have Windows 10, I downloaded the game but it does not start in the task manager, it appears and immediately disappears,
tell me what to do?

y
yuriko1158 20.01.23

Ronhard
first try to include in programs and components:
legacy components.