3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eikiti 25.12.19 11:49 am

Impressions of the game (Dragon Quest 11)

Just finished platinum walkthrough. Liked the game, it took about 110 hours all in. Share your impressions about the game.
5 Comments
Sort by:
K
Koresh Togliatti 25.12.19

Haven't started yet, this spring I plan, part VIII passed. do a lot of Jrpg passed. 110 hours for all the side effects and quests? Well, in General as a game?

E
Eikiti 25.12.19

Koresh Togliatti wrote:
. 110 hours for all the side effects and quests? Well, in General as a game?
Well, in my opinion above but No Kuni 2 this year, XI decided to keep all the Goodies from the 8th part. If VIII like this go down. Personally, I from the plot in admiration, not the Person of course, but keeps the bar high
110 hours left to complete passage of the plot, including a win against the true final boss(no spoilers), 60 side quests, the passage of mazes, getting level 99 and crafting all the costumes.

K
Koresh Togliatti 25.12.19

Eikiti
Thank you for the info

P
ProDisaster 15.10.20

I have seen many comparisons of this part with the eighth, but I do not agree with it as much as possible and will try to speculate on why exactly the 11 part does not look like 8.

Let's start with comparing the plot of the 8th and 11th parts - how to compare the book with the instruction to the air freshener.

Romatic line... Well, she's not here. Actually, this was the heart of the story in the 8th part. The battle against the great evil - just another obstacle and an opportunity to show what accomplishments the hero is ready for the sake of the princess.
Motivation? Well, she's kind of gone, too. If in the 8th part the hero originally wanted to help his castle and princess, to which he had feelings - then the hero wants to help everyone at once simply because he has a label that sometimes glows. The chosen one is obliged. Very motivating (no).
In the eleventh part was broken a very important thing, which wildly attracted in the eighth.
The hero meets the character of the zgt; gets acquainted with him, gets close to the character commits an act of self-sacrifice qgt; the hero hates the villain.
It plays on feelings - empathy, respect for the characters, sympathy. It plays the leather flute.
Interesting third-party characters - strong in spirit, with a tragic story or just fun and pleasant, whose lives you would not care - just a couple of pieces.
Evil evil destroys almost all people, but... You don't know anyone. You don't care about them just because you haven't been introduced to anyone. Where is my motivation for saving the world as well?! Why do I have to stomp on some and risk my skin? Because I'm marked by a tree?

As for the gameplay.
The location has become much more diverse. There were deserts, there were Asian towns. There is even a coast in the style of advertising "Bounty" that looks quite interesting and bright, of course, but strongly beats the atmosphere. The brain just doesn't believe you're in some other world. They're too close together.
The paths were badly damaged. The map as a whole consists of a bunch of small locations between which there are transitions. There is no open world as such, and in general, from one point to another, the path looks as direct as possible. There is no sense of space and freedom, which was in the eighth part.
The combat system has become simpler. Now, after selecting an attack, the object is an ability - the character instantly makes a move. In general - this approach is much easier than in the case of D-8, where you first choose the actions, and then determine whose move - yours or the opponent.
Freedom of movement was constantly increasing in the eighth part. On a tiger flight.
Immediately - you are given a racehorse, and then, in the end, give a means for flying, which is in fact useless because it works only on a few plot points and in general with the task of moving can not cope.

As for the graphics.
The toy looks definitely cool. There's nothing to complain about. There are a couple of claims to the design of the characters, except that, but in general - the game looks cute and at the same time is not inferior to the eighth part in style (at least because the style is almost completely copied). All in all - the atmosphere of a nice, pleasant fairy tale.

Music.
In general - these are the same melodies that were in 8 parts, although they were changed slightly in places. So the fact of passing the eighth part - will not allow to correctly perceive the atmosphere of some events because of the associations of these melodies with the events of the eighth part (or rather, the pair "melody is a certain mood").
Music for walking around the world has been replaced by something dynamic, conducive to combat, which keeps you in suspense and prevents you from admiring the world. Not a very good solution, as for me, although perhaps it helps players get involved in battles more often, because because of the gameplay features you can move freely without colliding with opponents.

To sum it up - the game personally seemed to me a boring walker, where you are a hero because you were told so. In this game you do not have any desired goal, and the world to study is not too interesting. All the events take place exclusively around the main character and there is no feeling that the world around somehow lives his life. Sometimes it seems that you do not collect important information - it just appears by itself, and you help random people and get involved in some events purely because of the need to take time longer.

I would definitely not compare this game with the eighth part because of the general they have only style, a few mechanics and music. That's where their similarities end.

r
requiemmm 28.06.21

Game design is generally poor. Putting bosses that walk two or three times and alternately press AoE control and AoE damage, this is a sign of bad taste and artificial stretching of the passage. Side quests are not interesting at all, the dialogues are stupid, but localized for amers so that in some places the voice acting does not coincide with the text at all, even from the point of view of the general meaning and names. Drawn by a kind of Gadgetzan and a dude named Blightcaller, who is actually a Blightcaller. In general, after the fall of the tree, playing is simply dull, teleports need to be reopened, running sprints in smoked locations for the second time infuriates, and the game is still quite far away. I don't know if I have the patience to go through this, because I have already lost all desire to continue.