3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
G
Guwanc 25.12.19 03:42 pm

Questions about frequency of RAM

Friends, tried to understand what to do, but not out. In General, I have a laptop 6 GB Ram on 2 slots, 4, and 2, DDR3 Kingston, bandwidth PC3-12800 (800MHz) both slots. Want to buy 8 GB. In the Internet I read that the frequency may not be suitable, or something like that. Want to buy 8 GB of DDR3 1600 Mhz and paste instead of 2 GB. The question whether the support of the laptop 4 and 8 GB?
3 Comments
Sort by:
G
Guwanc 25.12.19

L
Luka_gg 25.12.19

Guwanc
You have now is DDR3 1600 PC3-12800. Put. In any case, at 1333 no one bothers to go for difference, especially on the laptop not so great. Of course, I recommend to buy the same manufacturer of the bar for the memory, in order to avoid compatibility issues.
Note! That laptop has a feature with regards to the memory, for example my laptop gave is: DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM, 3 slots(a) SO-DIMM slots, max. up to 12GB 4-core processor, 2 slot(a) SO-DIMM slots, max. up to 8 GB 2-core processor. Since I have 2 cores / 4 threads, 8 GB I do not deliver.
So you need to know the model of laptop and processor to understand whether You see more than 8 GB. Look on the manufacturer's website in the specifications section with regards to RAM exposure.
PS 800*2=1600. This is evident in the timings 9 timings for 1333, 11th to 1600 already.
As written, for better compatibility we take the same manufacturer. Can China good advise itself such took: Kllisre DDR3 4 GB 8 GB 1333 MHz 1600 MHz SO-DIMM (2500 rubles for 8 GB of DDR3). Specify the processor (Intel or AMD) and You will be home and check it out. I'm happy with the purchase.

B
Beirut 25.12.19

Guwanc
Write the name of the laptop itself or go to the manufacturers website and see if the laptop supports more memory
usually today make disposable laptop with a minimum capacity upgrade
choose the memory timings, frequency, supply is not a problem if I take b.from. for example, avito so immediately and check it plows or not