3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
UlMan19 26.12.19 07:09 pm

Mafia The City of Lost Heaven-crap? (Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven)

And so the first part of my analysis is the technical part of the game.
Because I remember what the game was and how they were treated, I think I can accurately evaluate the game.
1. Graphics
Many students (or uporotyh fans) certainly do not understand, but even for its time it had quite poor graphics. It was assessed as srednichek, or even lower. In released a year earlier Max graphics seemed even a bit better! Good detail with such a schedule is simply not possible, and that all the scenery looked interesting in the distance. A very depressing portrayal of the people, even the main character looks like she painted a watercolor piece of wood, even though not carved! The only happy person perhaps Salieri and Morello, on the faces of passers-by and minor characters better left unsaid.
2. Physics
And then the game can't Shine! It is too primitive, it seems that the game is only the rough model. The movement is absolutely not natural more like robots, bullets fly in a straight line (actually it's not much of a minus, but still), except perhaps the shotgun, but it is a different story. Shooting is probably the most dull part of the game, they do not have any tension and interest, although a significant share of sadness this has brought the hero of the next paragraph.
3. Artificial intelligence
Everything is simple, it is not! How else can one explain so stupid enemies. All bots are doing all the scripts, and if it fails he can just stand rooted to the spot. Even if long skirmish with the enemy, and then just hide and not stick out, your opponent can just stand up and look the other way. They are dangerous only because of its intricate provisions, a door, or on the tower crane, and atrophied instinct of self-preservation, and incredible vitality!
4. Cars
And here it is finally, the mob has something to boast! We can say that they are perfect, realistic physics, the presence of mechanics, excellent detail, but there's a pretty big BUT! Physics damage mildly affects the cars just crumple, but not as a metal but as a compound! Parts can increase in size, and take such forms in which even the tin it is impossible to turn!
But in principle it can close the eyes, in mind that great car physics!
5.Management
It is of course good, but to play with the default settings, it is virtually impossible! But when you start to tweak any problems, the game is not!

Total score for the technical part:
S- (3-)

So we continue the conversation now about the sweet story of the Mafia!
Consider each level in order:
In the beginning we are interested in the story why he betrayed the family, who is he? Interesting!
1. It is impossible to refuse
The mission is to introduce the main characters of the game, All is logical and correct.
2. Running man
Probably one of my favorite missions, we are shown the everyday life of a taxi driver, all smooth, quiet, we romp around the city and enjoying the views, but all of a sudden! We catch up with ghosts recent past! And everything turns into a fun chase, the atmosphere created by the music and the incredible detail of the side streets. A lot of funny jokes and gags, all of it fun! But there is a caveat why the pursuers went after him in the bar? Are they so stupid that don't understand it's not safe? Is it so important that taxi driver? And why didn't they see that they paid attention? Well okay, it doesn't matter!
3. A cocktail party
Well first the names Molotov cocktail is just not existed!
Next worse! We propose to join the family. And then just 3 GIGANTIC absurdity.
What did he deserve an invitation? Yes he saved those idiots, but it paid off and besides, it's not enough! Well anything can happen, but it instructs the don! In the restaurant hall where people sit! Her logic where are you??? Then it introduced two more important characters, they are ed... get to the bar Morello, spread cars, (and no the noise of explosions comes out!) return to base and take Tom into the family, by handshakes and kisses with don! WHAT?????Everything happens exactly! How do you recruit people? That the streets are people with brochures come to mafia??? How to understand your?
It's bad! This is a very, very bad! At the beginning of the game completely crumble the whole serious atmosphere!
4. Not dusty work
Here we are introduced to the key characters, and then we are doing the noblest thing, rectom!) Let it be called protection, but in fact it is extortion, not bad for expensive don!
Then we deliver their colleagues on points, all perfectly quiet, but here! Everything went wrong, one was shot, another captured, how unexpected! Then again, the idiocy! Tom is also why they did not shoot immediately? After all, much more eloquent than will 3 corpse! Next, our hero probiraetsya to the Motel and begins to kill everyone. WHAT??? A taxi driver just like with Thompson knocks everyone? Wow! While it ducky nothing zadumyvaetsya! This he says explains it, but it says a different person! His sensuality and doubt again be questioned!
Next is just a stupid thing to do, in an attempt to escape with the money and we see another masterpiece of local intelligence, if you shoot the wheel of the car (not the trigger script) that our villain just sit down at the machine! He doesn't try to get into our car! He doesn't try to hide! He just accept fate!
Yeah!
5. Fair play
The most stupid, senseless and completely unnecessary mission!!! As NC would say Moment lipped alligator. What is all of this? Why is she there?
It's stupid from the first to the last second!
I'm not even going to describe it, I'll just write the questions that came to me upon her passing.
Why secret task given in the hall bar? ( Then, who gives you a long time to score!) Why would overtake the car on the track if you can bring the Bow, is it more risky than to drive a car across town? Did no one reported it to the police or just friends that saw the car at night? Where are the police? Why break an arm not fair, and to break the car honestly? Why Tom rider??? Why the car didn't check before the race? God why me???

6. Sarah
The mission is not bad and has a direct relationship to the plot, but it is very strange!
Why they went through the alley, they are specifically looking for trouble? And a little alarming behavior of Sarah, after this experience of stress, she was almost raped, killed several people and it is like nothing happened, just talking and talking about life! The damn nerve of the chick!

7. Time to get used to
In General, the mission is not bad but there are a couple but! Why when you start the car it just stop in the alley? And one could say that they have the engine stalled, but then what happened to the passengers? And why Tom couldn't shoot the bastard? Before he so gallantly wielded in the hotel! A bit strange but basically tolerable!

8. Putana
This is my favorite mission! It is interesting, but again, stupid!
That's a good start, we need to kill whore and blow up the office, not bad!
We come, kill the bastard go up to his room and there.. who's there? Why Tom was dumbfounded? Who is it? Remember that chick who lit up for a split second in the Intro, after a weird mission which you probably skipole? Yes, it is! It turns out that she's a friend of your wife and... what? She starts to wail, saying she knew nothing and wanted to do better, and he thinks him to be sorry for her and he lets her go! Let's wait instead of whores call logic! When you trained a gun of course you don't want it to start the chemical and physical reaction! And you'll LIE! Before he could realize that she's just lying to create compassion! And indeed because of it, several people were killed, and others lost money, is it brains do not deserve the freedom from cranial ultrasound? From here it follows That weak!!! Almost anyone can kill someone who threatens you, but to kill just because it's necessary, it's hard but That failed, and according to this weakling!
Next is just the same, Hollywood blockbuster! That plants the bomb and at the last second jumps out the window onto the roof! Is that the plan? No seriously what is this? Are they so stupid? And the jump pateren of max Payne (and millions of cheap Hollywood blockbuster)!
How he ever made it? Impossible breaking the frame, which by the way is also impossible to jump to 15 meters! Him that the shock wave has helped? While he is whole, he had all the bones to break!
Then where did the cops in such numbers? Then radios in cars fiction it was impossible to gather many people there for such a short time! And of course they know your every move! Next, we move to the Church, by happy coincidence, there repair! Damn it's just a fabulous trip. Then follows a rather silly dialogue with the truism allusions to philosophy, and again our Hero away in not the best light appears before us!
And then we're just going back to base!
9. Omerta
A sad mission to have to kill the most important person who replaced us the father, without which the light is not nice! Wait! It's not true! And there is the first drawback, the task is to shock us and cause mixed feelings, but no! Yes, it's over it's shocking, but the pity is no special. No seriously, what did we feel sorry for him? Yes, of course, it's not like a slut but still! And here you can clap to the writer! He picked the best...the clichéd, hackneyed and banal move, to put pressure on the pity family! Bravo!) But in other things it's just a game!
The second big negative is not logical. Illogical what do we learn about the movements of the FBI from some idiots, not from an informant among the feds. Then the chase, they bring a particularly important witness in one machine without cover! It is... nonsense! Then they come to the airport and instead immediately put the VIP on the plane they begin to play hide and seek!) It seems that everything is designed, the appearance of Volume! After all these years, the family thanks you and flies off to Europe. What a world of nihilists? In fact, in the eyes of a child killing people, and she did not blink! And what kind of plane will fly after such a massacre? Damn this is weird!

10. A visit to the fat cats
Here without errors! There are several jokes. Everything is logical everything is great and original!

11. Outing
And again like the previous mission of her original idea! But the execution is pretty boring, and of course there are absurdities. For example, when we come to the place and not detectable at the meeting spot accomplices, we send ONE to scout out the situation, she had lost two of our guys, why would even one of you come with me? Okay, we go to the very end, of course, find a dead Comrat and we understand that Sam is again captured, why he too didn't you? And here we are under attack! Oh my God I didn't! After the usual skirmishes on the memory, bailing on this ranch, and there is even a short but funny moment, to shoot cars!
In General, this mission is good enough.

12. The deal of the century
Perhaps the only mission where shooting interesting! And it would be even better if it were not for your dumb teammates! But it's interesting, cinematic and with a good soundtrack!

13. Bon apeti!
And here it would seem that the mafia has gone on the amendment, the farther the better BUT!
The idea is interesting and funny, and I can even say a reference to the Godfather, but it is outrageously stupid!
And again affects the sensitivity of the Volume! During the shooting killed a little peaceful innocent civilians, the fault of the couple, but nobody cares! Also under a threat and even physics, the tables suddenly become armor-piercing! And why would bandits not to throw another grenade and not finish the old man? After the shooting, we observe a most striking logic! The driver was on leave and only he knew where to go don, but it can't be a coincidence? Isn't it possible that a traitor in the restaurant? For example, the same Pepe. And once he goes there every month (or whatever I forgot) is not to use the striker? Just wait him there when Salieri podedet and the observer would simply be called and there would come this team! But no, we better trust the instinct and kill him and then look! Next worse! For punishment he was don! Ie it can kill here now, but Nevermind! Then he's yelling from the balcony, but not important.
This is such a mission!

14.Happy birthday!
And here it is perhaps the best mission! It also has a lot of funny gags, and it is original! Mistakes here I found everything very well!

15. Lucky bastard!
The longest and most tedious mission, it is full of small blunders, but to understand them I will not because they are quite simple and everything can be blamed on movie cliches.
The only good news is that a car explosion! And most hate hunting in port!
16. The cream of society
Here we finally give to get even with the devil himself MORELLO! By the way speaking of why is it bad? We are not shown more precisely of course the game has a couple of rollers and a remark about it, but damn this is not enough! In fact, he just harsh but no more.
The mission has two endings, consider both!
Morello arrives at the airport and drove to the airfield. Minutes but unless there are no fences which prevent us to do this? It is now unnecessary!) Next, the villain get on a plane and takes off. And then just 2 questions what he was waiting for him? Morello is originally took care of the escape routes, just in case. And then How could he fly so fast? It is not possible! Even modern aircraft can not be so fast to take off! But suppose it was an accident and the plane was standing there randomly and bandits it just captured, where is the remorse for the innocent victims? Just a little confusing to be able to disable the engines, with the help of Thompson. I'm not sure, but are they so fragile? And even if you can then why did he take off? Because it requires more power than flying! But even if so then why out of a plane no one shot back? It's hard to open the door (or the hatch? I'm not sure) and to put all?
Anyway it's weird!
The second option is a fall from the bridge. If the bridge is dismantled, then where is the fence? And how hard is it to notice that THERE is a BRIDGE??? And why nobody even attempted to get out of the car? And what to put in that stupid scene: are you sure he's dead? (explosion) Now for sure! why insert another stamp, they are so many!

17 Re-election
First question, if you don't want to glow in early may to try to negotiate? To scare? Why just extreme measures? Then who is in an abandoned prison? Explain! This bums? Then why are they so angry and armed? Who is it? Why are they here? And that no one heard the shooting? Prison is not so far from the island, they could hear! Then we for some reason send to look for the crowbar! For what? He can't shoot the lock? Well, or primitive to get out of where you came from! And well hidden it very cleverly, why not take at least some armaturinami? Okay, the idiocy does not end there. Out surprise, the feds! The question is, if you are wise, like a real killer threw the weapon at the crime scene. Then you will be searched by the officer and you will be able to go further. Strange, isn't it? What are they doing? They came because they think that it was anybody here? But then why so quickly? I believe that he could do to drive the patrol, which is still unlikely, but that would be from the FBI! But if they think that there the killer was, why they let Tom? It should at least be questioned, even if he's not a suspect, just that he explained what he's doing?
In short, the insanity!

18. Purely for discharge
The questions start from the beginning. Then suddenly the theft of a protected object is considered a trifling matter? Why for the sake of the party cigars need to risk your best people? (but then it turns out, but in the beginning it should alert!) Then, why is That? Why can't you make Sam or Paulie? Then we steal the truck and somehow get inside. There are no clear, we have documents, but the driver of the other! There's that blind morons sit? It took only a few minutes, and as Tom has already done, in particular in the port, it should already know each dog!
Anyway why steal? You can't just grab? Also seems more practical. Owns the Doc apparently someone from the former morelove, are they so powerful and relentless that the only family in town can not take them under your control?
In General, they all work, the goods are delivered but not everything is so simple! It turns out that they were used! (got damn!) How could he? Indeed, as the head of the Sicilian mafia could cheat?

The General is not obliged to report to the soldiers!
19. A small gig
You could say it is the only mission where we normally see that Tom and Paulie are friends, it is the last where we see Poly... alive!
It begins quite beautifully. We plan to do test call to the Bank. Then prepared, take the car, the trunk and go into business! And here's the surprise, That is not so darling! He kills the guards, and that someone, fathers sons brothers! But Poly in General, killing a crying woman! Damn and we should be sorry for him? Then Tom steals the money, the height of nobility, and after that, a shred of regret? Figure out there! Here is our lyrical hero ladies and gentlemen, our hero! Our hero!
More surprising, the speed cops! Remember how quickly they came to the hotel or to prison, and then runs almost 5 minutes!

20. Decadence
And here it is the apotheosis of stupidity, of irrationality and movie stamps!
It all starts with what you find a corpse! And again our sensitive lyricist shows his subtle nature! His reaction is far from necessary! Many argue that the reason Russian voice, but I played in English and Czech, the result is not particularly changed!
Damn, That unfeeling brute! No, he certainly wasn't supposed to bow down and cry...or should be? In any case, the scene is striking in its dry! Although I like the viewer, is also not bad. Why? Because Poly is not interesting to me, it showed very weak and not always in the best light. And in the end, and generally I want to shoot it!
Next comes the even more strange thing. Sam becomes the antagonist! Ie, why? This confirmation of words, friendship means fuck? So no, he was not a friend to any one not Poly! And indeed the current face it can be called a stretch! And what actually became of him? Why did he look like a villain from a cheap Hollywood Thriller? How and why so many people? Why so much pathos? And then Sam turns into Satan! Why? In General, all this Orgy ends only on the last video! Which is good, very good, and logical! The only thing that is strange is why he actually responded? Or from old age, his brain atrophied? But it doesn't matter! At the end are the words, which literally become the prayer of all the fans, and all!
And so summarize!
Yes, the mafia cinematic, but the movie silly!)
A huge number of mistakes and plot holes, an unforgivable even for the game! Well if she was at least technically interesting, as it was in GTA 3, but no.
In the game, though there are several references to the godfather, but that not having the concept of a mafia totally perverted! The whole game we show that we are white and fluffy and we are fighting evil, and the bowl if you have to do"bad" things we do it is with a heavy heart. That's not true, it can't be! It looks like a fairy tale, as a result I can't honestly sympathize with the hero and believe in his difficulties! And indeed, the whole system is hopelessly destroyed! Call it the true and dramatic story, it's like saying the same thing about the movie Saving private Ryan you Purgatory is not possible!
All are constantly screaming about how exposed the protagonist, Yes it is, but agree not too difficult to show GG in the theater. Take a look at all the game there are no truly charismatic character! We all learn so superficial, a striking example of this Sam. The impression that the creators of it just forgot, and then remembered that someone should kill Tom and Ponticelli randomly in the script! Poly appears to us solely by the maniac and the drunkard, and in absentia. In the flesh to the final he only appears in order to discuss the mission, if they were instead inserted different characters, neither of which would have changed!
If you look closely to the character, it loses all its charm! He's incredibly hypocritical, stupid and cowardly! Yes, but he repented of his sins! this phrase can be heard from the lips of every fan of the game. If repentance makes a person better and more pleasant, it turns out if Chikatilo repented he would have become a sweetheart? If Tom admits that he does bad things, why he continues to do them? And most of the moments for which he must repent, just misses, picking the juicy moments. And those moments when he fails the job is ridiculous, he appears as a coward and a wimp! Why is this killing of unwanted crowd, nothing to regret, and suddenly the conscience. They are objectionable, he threatened the safety of the family, he himself in the end! He does not understand where he was? Incidentally this is another of the big disadvantages, it does not have a normal motivation. He voluntarily came into the family, but why? For the money? But what is different from the other people who he has killed or those who stood by? My speech will not help when all your actions are motivated only by the cash and desire to save your ass! Why we don't feel sorry for him, all that we see is quite a normal job, and his story... And then we ran into the next lot. There are no character nor any of the story! Why is it that interferes with the atmosphere? Agree much easier to empathize with a hero whose tragic fate. We don't know who his parents or where he was born, but damn, we even don't know where he lives! Also the background could help us to understand why he is spineless and malleable, because if he is a taxi driver consequently he's not rich and if not rich he lives in a poor neighborhood, and if he lives in a poor area, how did he even survive this? In fact we don't know the person at all! As if nothing existed until that fateful meeting!

But anyway, we love this game! Why? Of inertia!) For many of us, this recollection of childhood and adolescence, and as you know in the past everything was always better! The plot is just like 5 cents in those days was easily assimilated and was considered chic! Now I would like to play in may, as the Outlook on life since then has changed and we want something more serious and meaningful! So the game is good in our memory, but it had long since gone to before and do not lag!
For SIM finish my critical analysis!
Thank you all! All yet!)
12 Comments
Sort by:
S
SimpleD 26.12.19

Ran text diagonal and scored. Concentrated subjectivity that the author is trying to present as truth. No more.

v
vidgin 26.12.19

Yes, confusion, not analysis.

p
punished fiddle 26.12.19

Yes, even you did not watch commercials, and the jobs do not in order...

B
Blood_on_my_Hands 26.12.19

Author a Gump. Wanted to score, but no, h. er

First physics for open world games sample 2002 year brilliant. Flying off wheel, bending the body, bending the wheel, broken headlights, broken tanks. Glass and bullet casings stay on the ground forever is the Author of, shall I continue?

Second, the graphics. In Mafia is used the LS3D engine. The author brazenly lying-at the time, he was one of the most technologically advanced engines in the genre.

how to be profit the above http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS3D_engine.

In addition to rather complex at the time of its release, the geometry engine is able to handle high resolution textures. Supported dynamic shadows (in the game of Mafia is used when displaying people and vehicles) and also pre-calculated shadow maps, which can be used to simulate shadows cast by surrounding objects at the location — for example, by buildings or trees. The light sources can be both dynamic and static (listmap).
For rendering the sky background used is the background texture high resolution; the sun is also a source of lighting and can give the highlights on the virtual camera. In addition, the engine supports the playback of various weather conditions such as rain or thunderstorms.

A physics engine simulates the behavior model of vehicles and supports the physics of the collision (crashing a car in some minor objects on location, for example, in a phone booth or trash, objects fly off or breaking).

Graphical and physical parts, all the author said is a LIE! Do not read further.

t
trahtibidoh111 26.12.19

Author you're a complete GOOF. In prison you CAN shoot the castle! You're a complete idiot if Foma were looking for.

t
trahtibidoh111 26.12.19

Polly does not kill a woman, you idiot done for you!

R
Redmurza 26.12.19

The number of errors and exclamation points, apparently, emoticons makes voznikaet of the author even without the knowledge of the essence of the text. The author, to put it mildly, doesn't know what he's talking about. Subjectivism in all fields. The author probably lived in the thirties, and definitely knows how to recruit in mafia, what orders were in the ports and who lived in an abandoned prison. Claims on graphics and physics of it is funny - even now Mafia looks good.
Conclusion: the author does not understand the essence of the Mafia. The scene is cliche, it's true. But where not? Besides, he makes the main - drags. The characters are written brilliantly. And good video its ambiguity. Tom is a lyricist? Addict Cholet? Nobody thought too, what's more, not all his actions were approved. It would take too long to trample the author in the shit, but why? Suffice it to say that his favorite games Assasins Creed 2 and Modern Warfare.
PS the Mafia is not a documentary. It is appropriate to fiction.

t
thoommytGe4 26.12.19

трахтибидох111
Oddly enough, but it's true in mission Bank robbery he kills a woman.

t
tratata i ololo 26.12.19

Yeah I see GTA 3 was cool graphics and awesome physics, the author lol - infa 100%

N
Nicorales 26.12.19

Not agree with the author, but reading it was interesting.

S
Smelson 26.12.19

The author of the analysis, you IDIOT!

s
sabet130 26.12.19

The author is an asshole, dropped the legendary game. Even read more not want.