3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19 10:29 am

The system hang Windows 7

Every 2-3 days the system hangs tightly, but the computer remains in working condition. Have tried many things. I would like to hear the options of occurrence of such deadlocks and how to solve them. Thank you.
39 Comments
Sort by:
G
GetJet 27.12.19

A similar situation, Windows 10. If permanently left in a simple system, it hangs. At first sinned on hard drives and completely replaced them with new ones, but sometimes the situation is repeated. I would be grateful for help.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

Perhaps it is power save mode, which disables CPU core during prolonged idle. When incorrect operation of this mode, after disabling the kernel, they are not included and hang on tightly. Solved by BIOS update or disable this mode (can be disabled in the BIOS, may be called differently, depending on the manufacturer of the motherboard/BIOS).

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

Cleaned the contacts on the motherboard of dirt, as a friend advised this option. Then I put another hard drive. Stood solid SSD, replaced the same with another computer - did not help. There is also an auxiliary hard 1 terabyte of memory, but it is purely for data storage. Don't know if he could thus not influence the computer. This system Windows 7 use more than 4 years, reinstall every year, and installed on home PC + 3 laptops in the house. This problem came about in the summer / fall of this year. The computer 3 years, had to replace the graphics card. Thought on it, tried using a utility to overclock it cooling, but the test is yet 1.5 day, the result is misleading. Last week put Windows 10 worked computer 4-5 days flawlessly. But the system is not much, because the computer gives less power for my needs, this has set back my system Windows 7 x64 maximum. Don't know what else to try with this problem.. Tired, already exhausted. Thought to try another build of Windows 7, but on its own I sat there for a few years, and nothing. In this case, the problem is only on PC, laptops never showed. You also write that the situation was more understandable to you... the Computer is always in operation. Is UPS, also do not know he is affected by that or not, but it is unlikely. There was a suggestion to remove one bar of RAM and try each, as will be with one of them to work. Have not tried it, and I doubt that will result as errors any does not give any problems when you restart the computer. If there's anything else you want to know more - ask. I really want to deal with this problem. Don't want to sit on Windows 10 because of this, of course, if it will help. Can also be hang, not test a sufficient number of days, but 3 days worked without hovering, at least.

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
In the advanced settings of the power consumption was swap out the hard disk drive the transition into sleep, hibernation, shutdown screen. In General, everything that was there in the list.

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
If you use your version with the BIOS, I have ASUS. Detailed description if you want to - tell me how and where to look. All will provide. Plus, I have no idea how to update the BIOS. Or disable the stop function of the kernel.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
Again, I have the same thing for 10 Windows, also started in late summer.
1) I changed hard drives(all) new - did not help
2) Disabled all energy-saving gadgets - not helped
3) Bought a new video card - did not help
4) Tried different Assembly of Windows 10 is the first 5-7 days of work without hangs, then begins to hang once a day, the time when the computer is at rest.
Notice that the computer never hangs if you play/watch the video/go through the browser. All davisoni at rest. You do the same?
Remains 3 components that need to be checked:
1) RAM
2) Processor
3) Mother.
I am inclined to think that the school mothers, and it is in the BIOS.
My mother is Asus p8-z77m.
Don't know why, but felt it was on the mother/her BIOS.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
Yeah, I have the Asus, the conclusion...

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
Yes, I also noticed that the state of the game the PC hangs. But even if I have not included game, then my program works for online games. It gives a good load on the system, so I can't say that my computer hangs at rest. But hangs when I personally on it doing nothing. Usually at night. Day I also did not do well at work, but still the PC hangs. I do not understand how to determine the cause.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
I have already stated. The case in Mat. Board and you and I have the ASUS.
I also have not a complete rest, the torrent works.
I'll try different BIOSes, poking around in the settings. If that helps, will report.

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
I am very worried about what iron did not fly from such freezes, or due to incorrect restart the computer.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
99% that nothing will fly, high krasnet Windows, but it is fixable. Do not worry.

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
I after 30 minutes look at home their charge. Maybe it is even exactly the same. The pictures painfully similar.

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
ASUS Z77-A. Written on the Board.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
Try the following: launch a command prompt (always as administrator) and type the command: bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
Can also disable Intel SpeedStep in the BIOS

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
This function is not found. Found EPU power Saving Mode was enabled, I turned it off. Then found the turbo mode, it was enabled and EIST enabled, too - left them so.

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
About command line - enter or copy (tried both) the command - me writes: the Specified data item type is not recognized or is not applicable to the specified element. Element not found..

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
Look what I found on the EIST function:
The name of the option:
Intel EIST
Possible values:
Enabled, Disabled,
or
Auto, Disabled

Description:
We are talking about the improved version of energy-saving technologies. At low load or simple processor automatically reduces the frequency and supply voltage, reducing thus their energy consumption. As soon as the load increases, the frequency and voltage automatically rises to its normal values. But unlike the first version of the multiple intermediate operating frequencies and voltages, which enables a more accurate balance between performance and power consumption of the processor. It is recommended that, whenever possible, to always use this technology (Enabled or Auto).

I wonder, can it also be turned off?

v
vanjushka33394 27.12.19

GetJet
In the BIOS in the description it turned out that EIST is Intel SpeedStep, about which you spoke. In General, it is also turned off.

G
GetJet 27.12.19

vanjushka33394
Well? help?