3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dimoha12312 15.09.19 02:46 pm

How to turn on a thermal imager? (Metro Exodus)

people picked up on night vision improvement called a thermal imaging camera but how do I enable it that is on the workbench I added it but only night vision is
22 Comments
Sort by:
v
vitalik76 15.09.19

So this is the kind of night vision but now with orange flavor. I also picked up this improvement. It is necessary to make the same screenshots with normal and night vision with it. Maybe there's a difference.

R
Roman_Rid 15.09.19

HDE found that?

V
Vladislav Volyanskiy 15.09.19

vitalik76
Also I do not understand the differences thought that the enemies will glow as the heat source

v
vitalik76 15.09.19

Roman_Rid wrote:
HDE found that?
In the Caspian sea in the control room above the airport.

PS and Sundry can make two of the same screenshot with one PNV and others. Perhaps the difference there, and maybe second in the NEC just doesn't work.

l
lemenao 15.09.19

Game srata, good, but a bitch srata....

r
rok2023 15.09.19

Night vision with a thermal imager is needed in order to see IR laser sight.

v
vitalik76 15.09.19

rok2023 wrote:
Night vision with a thermal imager is needed in order to see IR laser sight.
Only only? Well thanks man, you solved the mystery of the PNV. Now I understand to put this improvement makes no sense. Better more powerful light. Although lighter still shines stronger.

r
rok2023 15.09.19

vitalik76
It may be the imager is in demand on the higher difficulty levels.What type if enemies can see the beam from a typical laser pointer.

v
vitalik76 15.09.19

rok2023 wrote:
What type if enemies can see the beam from a typical laser pointer.
Enemies do not notice the beam in case of any difficulty level. Complexity differ mainly in the amount of loot, the presence of the interface and the prompts on the screen.

B
BlowWithTheFires 15.09.19

vitalik76
Especially compared to the difference between the NVS is really no. So, Yes, in fact the improvement is useless...

v
vitalik76 15.09.19

Already said above - improved night vision more accurately reflects the IR beam-aiming without additional illumination. The rest is the same. If the infrared sight is not use instead of advanced night vision take another improvement, since the normal NV is anyone left. I would take improved lantern.

g
ganjin 15.09.19

rok2023
I want to say that with the usual night vision you have of the infrared laser is not visible?
The IR laser is visible with conventional PNV, which in the marshes found, without the signal amplifier NVD (so like in the game, this crap is called) and if you put a gun night sight, the IR laser will also be seen.

g
ganjin 15.09.19

Who wants to compare the difference, do not have to take screenshots. Put night sight on something and put this amp in the NEC on his hat. And just looking in the night sight and enable and disable night vision. With the amplifier the picture is a little clearer. But you better put a powerful flashlight. Strange thing, stupid. I, however, zambuko checked that roam around the terminal, can people something, but I think unlikely.

g
ganjin 15.09.19

It turned out that I was wrong) Night sight itself is a little different from the NVD, so can not compare. In the end I made screenshots and compared: a difference did not see none at all. However the screenshots made during the day. The only with night vision amplifier is not producing sound)
Spoilerage 10 differences.
Without amplifier:

With amplifier:

A
Akiralight 15.09.19

It seemed to me that superior night vision gives a more vivid picture night, but in this case, more is lighted from the light of the moon, torches and other light sources.

R
Ripper Man 15.09.19

I finally just used the thermal imager

S
Snezhok777 15.09.19

rok2023
I have IR and no improvement was visible, after installation, improvement, nichrome not changed

g
ganjin 15.09.19

Here is the answer of the support: Night vision becomes a little clearer with the amplifier and light sources do not dazzle so much anymore.. But though kill I do not see the difference. Made two screens in the cave with the fire - did not see the difference. Made two screen with sun - blinds as well.
Spoileres:

With:

v
vitalik76 15.09.19

ganjin wrote:
Here is the answer of the support: Night vision becomes a little clearer with the amplifier and light sources do not dazzle so much anymore.
Less blinding illumination from light sources, therefore. I don't know if the difference is just a microscopic, i.e., we can assume it is not. Honestly I think that they wanted to do, but not immediately developed, and then the hands are not reached. Here and called the bug a feature and left as is. Can then ever. And while the game has much more important issues that do not bothers to fix.

PS What is with the patch Lord not really in a hurry.

g
ganjin 15.09.19

vitalik76
It may be that if the amplifier is mounted, its effect remains, even if it took off? But check it, I have no desire to)
The patches should be at the end of the month, and then see if I don't forget about amplifier.
The improvements in the last Metro Exodus update focus mainly on general updates to various features. These include improvements to stability, input responsiveness, and other general issues. It also fixed some problems with the saving system.
A larger patch to fix a much broader range of issues will appear later this month.
This is also from techsupport.