3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TheRealStalker 02.01.20 08:57 pm

Installation Of Linux Mint

Hey all, I decided to get acquainted with Linux first wanted to install it on a virtual machine. Faced with a paragraph:
Спойлерhttp://imgur.com/a/osZB0
In the instructions says that you press the Erase disk", but I am scared, suddenly he told me, and the wind will blow, I promada not going to. I hope there is someone there is familiar with this chip. Thanks in advance!
20 Comments
Sort by:
D
DarknessCM 02.01.20

TheRealStalker
not demolished, it creates its own partitions in a virtual machine.

T
TheRealStalker 02.01.20

DarknessCM
Thanks, now I will try to deliver.

T
TheRealStalker 02.01.20

DarknessCM
UPD: installing, Windows lag)
It is not so simple) But the installation of Linux on VM, is a mockery, I even firefox'Ohm can't use the buy Microsoft Edge because Fox hangs)

T
TheRealStalker 02.01.20

DarknessCM
Another question, I kind of installed the program(first thing that came to mind - Hamachi, I do not know why :D), in the list of programs I can't see it, where is it?

D
DarknessCM 02.01.20

TheRealStalker
Yeah I don't remember the build) climb settings)

T
TheRealStalker 02.01.20

DarknessCM
Have already figured out. It turns out that the Penguin in this app, no UI, only work through the console:D. I'll continue the acquaintance already 3 hours sitting)

D
DarknessCM 02.01.20

TheRealStalker
Cool OS, just ask :)

T
Tiger Goose 02.01.20

Why to choose Erase disk"? To choose always have Other option. There you can split the free space on the disks as you please. If a particular drive needs to be formatted, mark the appropriate checkbox. There you can pick up Windows disks. For example, I prefer to place the hard drive under Linux, booted from a LiveCD and using GParted. Then, while installing Linux I choose Other and specify only the mount point for disks.

T
TheRealStalker 02.01.20

Tiger Goose
I looked ahead VIDOS, type Acquaintance with Linux" and the like. I'm working with this OS for the first time, this asked, began to put the Penguin on the VM. In the future it may install as a second system, I was just wondering what kind of Linux is this, some praise, others criticize. He decided to watch and first impressions are good, like does not brake, if not to take into account the lag due to the fact that he is on VM. That's all.

L
Li-Ru 02.01.20

DarknessCM
and it seemed to me hard))probably just not used to it either.

D
DarknessCM 02.01.20

Do-Ru
You just put the Assembly, there is all for the average user, and that Lin is a text mode :)

A
Anatolevich2017 02.01.20

Lee-Ru do not agree that Linux is a text-mode )))) and as the same Shelah ? KDE GNOME etc..... ???
with regard to the installation of Linux on the dev supposedly VirtualBox from Oracle when it is installed may simply not show some dialog boxes in contrast, if you set direct...
unlike Windows ... Linux can shove to drive even the most perverse ways... this is supposedly..---------
---- to install Linux in parallel with Windows ( the OS startup when you turn on PC )
----- on a separate HDD space measure out manually or in AUTO mode place for his requirements...
----- delete the file system of Windows at ZERO and clean install penguin
---- installation on a simple USB stick ( not LIVE CD ) and exactly like on the HDD.. though in this case the speed of the stick does not allow much rassohnutsya )) speed 5-15 MB / sec and at Standard SATA1 HDD has a transfer speed up to 150MB/c
Standard SATA2 has transfer speeds up to 300MB/c
Standard SATA3 – has a transmission speed of up to 600MB/c

D
DarknessCM 02.01.20

Анатольевич2017
The Shelah was and's, since 1999 I think. The most important thing - the core to collect (FreeBSD), and paint it in any convenient way. :) Although, I'm not a fan of the line, at the time, had to learn to work, and so it is familiar with almost all the OS., Even Win 1.0 under MS-DOS 6.22 ran out of curiosity. And started out with the DOS.

D
DolmakimiOglan 02.01.20

The normal Linux OS. He use two: Windows and Ubuntu. Honestly I would also recommend to start Ubuntu. More information and all sorts of materials, and the difference between the Mint you will not see.

G
GostTolik 02.01.20

DolmakimiOglan wrote:
Honestly I would also recommend to start Ubuntu. More information and all sorts of materials, and the difference between the Mint you will not see.
And I chose mint just for the reason that, as I said, it is more suitable for transition with Windows, well, that is easier for her to move on to the beginner. However I put it on the netbook, maybe because the choice was mint - she seems more suitable for slower machines?

D
DolmakimiOglan 02.01.20

I do not agree with you. Maybe the interface they are more comfortable for beginners, but mint basically is Ubuntu with a different GUI. By the way, the mint in my opinion there was a case with a built-in malware.

G
GROM-RU 02.01.20

Manual installation there is on YouTube a lot. Step by step all chewed. Choose a more sensible and add themselves to Subscriptions for YouTube , what would not look then again of course be sure to read the comments and the image to download from the office site and not from third-party helpers . On account of malware - Linux seems to was clean, but would not be surprised if you got kulibins" and to her.

D
DarknessCM 02.01.20

GROM-EN
not a virus got hidden software that is activated after a certain time.. But this is a mobile build data OS.

i
ihappy 02.01.20

Tiger Goose wrote:
why to choose Erase disk"? To choose always have Other option....
Great advice. )) And you didn't think your actions just Lesnie, when you put Linux on a clean disk? And in the case of the vehicle, he generally puts in dev.
Why would he want to fool myself so? )

M
Mastakon 02.01.20

The virtual machine will be slow to work.