3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 02.01.20 09:22 pm

Whether DOOM 4 DOOM 3? (Doom (2016))

I do wonder, the story of this part is associated with the third part of the thought? And if it is connected, it is a direct continuation of the third Duma, or on the contrary it shows all that was before the third part? Or are they generally not as unrelated, and all these parts are options for different events, like the parallel universes one world taken as a basis, in each of which events unfold in different directions?
And another question: why do people as I understand from this part, when they opened the portal to hell, they knew where it leads and what is in front of them a real hell, but why despite this, they began to draw energy from it to study it? After all, it would be correct to close the passage, to destroy the entire base with the planet, to fly back to Earth and the rest of your life to spend in prayer, or at least try to find the portal to heaven.
Don't understand their desire to get to where all get should not, in this life or in another.
13 Comments
Sort by:
M
Marshmello 02.01.20

Is not associated.

D
DeathColdUA 02.01.20

Podvipodvertov
Podvipodvertov wrote:
I do wonder, the story of this part is associated with the third part of the thought?
No, not related. It is two completely different games. Doom 3 at the time was a restart, but in the style Schutter horror. New Doom is also the restart, but according to the developers, it is more canonical, that is, there is no emphasis on the horror element as it was in the original.
Podvipodvertov wrote:
why do people as I understand from this part, when they opened the portal to hell, they knew where it leads and what is in front of them a real hell, but why despite this, they began to draw energy from it to study it? After all, it would be correct to close the passage, to destroy the entire base with the planet, to fly back to Earth and the rest of your life to spend in prayer, or at least try to find the portal to heaven.
Don't understand their desire to get to where all get should not, in this life or in another.
Because they're interested in the afterlife, hangs in hell interested. They wanted to explore hell for the sake of human progress, but alas, did not work, and from there flooded every evil, eager to picramate.

A
Anomel Suna 02.01.20

No, not related. And well. The sad story of the third Duma wants only to forget.

M
Martynes 02.01.20

Podvipodvertov
Podvipodvertov wrote:
I do wonder, the story of this part is associated with the third part of the thought?
Given the description of the soldier Rock in-game code you can assume that he, or a representative of an ancient civilization that fought the hell spawn before it became mainstream (a La those guys that was in the movie), or he's from a parallel universe (which could be universe one of the early DooM). There's another wild idea that it is possible within one game of the series to make all part of the DooM Canon, with characters and events taking place in parallel worlds but are United by the portals leading to Hell.
Podvipodvertov wrote:
After all, it would be correct to close the passage, to destroy the entire base with the planet, to fly back to Earth and the rest of your life to spend in prayer
On Earth the energy crisis broke out, and the argon-energy gives a lot of easily accessible energy (Oh, those tautology...).
Creatures of Hell the evil Corporation was eager to use as a weapon, KMK.

O
ONYXYS 02.01.20

Podvipodvertov wrote:
why do people as I understand from this part, when they opened the portal to hell, they knew where it leads and what is in front of them a real hell, but why despite this, they began to draw energy from it to study it?
That is the eternal question of all mankind. In real life, the curiosity and desire for the unknown destroyed more than one thousand souls.

T
ThurboCat 02.01.20

He's more like the first or second part.

Z
ZzzRed 02.01.20

One horror, the other mazilovo. Well, related only by the fact that one company has created.

D
DJBuba 02.01.20

The plot of the first tube part seems to be.

g
gmh4589 02.01.20

Podvipodvertov wrote:
why despite this they began to draw energy from it to study it
And why now, scientists do not cease to use and study nuclear energy? She's too dangerous. Proven by Chernobyl and Fukushima.

J
Jake Dann 02.01.20

It is possible that the events of this part occur after Doom 3, since in the new part appears Samuel Hayden, who was present in Doom 3 and was even in the game, but was cut in the final stages of development. What about the first part of Doom, the events the new part may occur in parallel with it. After the events of the first Duma happen on Phobos, and the events of the fourth to Mars

M
Mishp 02.01.20

EvilShaper
awesome logic boy

A
A.Soldier of Light 02.01.20

gmh4589 wrote:
And why now, scientists do not cease to use and study nuclear energy? She's too dangerous. Proven by Chernobyl and Fukushima.
In fairness it should be noted that the Chernobyl accident and Japanese is nothing compared to the attack millions of demons from Hell... the Scale was a little more mildly...

Z
ZzzRed 02.01.20

MISP
This ,were sorry.