3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rez1jkeee 05.01.20 04:15 pm

Questions about ultra wide (21:9) monitors

Hello! Seriously thinking about buying a monitor, 21:9. But stop some differences, namely: 1. Many talk about divine the experience when watching movies, but they're all in 16:9 or something I don't understand? Found no movies in that aspect ratio. Even if you watch Blu-ray, there the same 1.77:1 is obtained, not 2.33:1.
2. As these monitors are combined with a blind people? My eyes are at a distance of 30-35 cm from 20'' monitor, as a result me a little that he would have to recede back to view all content.
3. The use of video and streaming services. Did I understand correctly that there are only two options: either crop the picture horizontally or sit with black stripes?
4. And, like, the last. That performance? it is obvious that the increase of pixels - increasing the load on the gpu, but how much will decrease performance.
PS happy to hear about the pitfalls of such relationships.
1 Comments
Sort by:
u
ucher.u 05.01.20

rez1jkeee wrote:
Seriously thinking about buying a monitor, 21:9.
Seriously do not recommend you to do it. My monitor is also not the 16:10 format, and all games are made in the standard 16:9 format. Sawing support the resolution, but the schedule is cut at 16:9. I have it 1.9 MP 1728:1080, that's standard in all games. If I try to put native scan 16:10 1920:1200, it is stupid additionally loads the graphics card, ie the content is all the same 16:9, and it just upset a video card of 16:10. If full HD is not so noticeable, the 4K load substantially increases by 20-30%, stupidly out of nothing.
So see for yourself. All content in the standard and all the standard lies dormant in your video card, something like this. )