3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
David Phantom 16.09.19 02:31 pm

The process of localization for Russian language (Cyberpunk 2077)

After the recent news that the game will not be sex, but will the character it is, I can not understand how it will translate on Russian language, where gender is used in contrast to the English language? Please explain
Let's say V will say: You did it. That the Russian language would be You coped/cope.
It will have our localizers for themselves to get out like that to avoid such situations or will have to enter somehow gender identity in the conversation? or V will be treated as it is? You did it.
5 Comments
Sort by:
S
SomeMark 16.09.19

Very simple, localizers exist so-called tags in the text that are not visible in the game itself. They may be referred to, for which gender is an appeal. Or it could just be comments to a specific line in the text, which again is only for localization.

A
ArkhAngel of Dark 16.09.19

David Phantomможно to choose male or female voice and figure What IT is you're writing to read the news and not have to write nonsense
If you're character won't see in the game of 3 person only 1
March Jonkers, senior concept designer:
"[The menu character creation] you no longer choose the gender. You don't choose between I want to be a male or female character, you choose the body type. Because we want you to be free in creating the character you want. So you choose the body type, and you have two voices to choose from — masculine and feminine. You can combine them as you want. There are also a large number of skin tones, tattoos and hairstyles. We want to give people the opportunity to create your own character and play them the way they want".

A
Andrey Zagniy 16.09.19

David Phantom
Lord, where are you getting, not genders, that gender is genitals in place. But the gender you type will win back their actions.

c
cheezette 16.09.19

Gender, as it turns out, will not go away, not cut, so sho everything is fine with Rus. localization

Spoiler- In a recent interview it was stated that male and female options have been removed from character creation, to make the game more flexible. How will this affect the NPC speech? If there is any options to be strictly a man or a woman?

- Options to be male or female is still there. Nothing was removed, in fact we have added additional features for players to decide what they want to be.

S
SkyraX 16.09.19

Voice 2 only, voice and defines gender,and how you will contact he/she, and what is "some" not satisfied,I added the ability to make the girl with the hose or Vice versa,so as to satisfy the option "special" and in fact, their gender will be determined by the voice