3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
E
Eclair_93 07.01.20 01:42 am

2 modules for 4 + 1 2 will it work?

Is 8GB operatives. Rummaging through things, found module 2GB, frequency, everything else is the same, only the manufacturer is different, I have a Kingston, it's Samsung. Will it work and if so, will the performance increase anything?
20 Comments
Sort by:
B
Belomorkanal 07.01.20

Will work if healthy. At least some performance increase would be anyway. Visible or invisible, but it will be.
Stick in any slot without changing the installation of the laths on 4GB. After system startup, just in case, make sure that dual-channel mode with laths 4+4 works

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

As to whether you need the extra 2GB? Just stupid will power to stand and eat 1.2 or 1.5 watts. Another thing is if you want to add OP, in view of what software/games is a business.

b
bloomm 07.01.20

Eclair_93 wrote:
will increase performance any?
There is not, in turn, by installing this bar will turn off 2 channel mode.

E
Eclair_93 07.01.20

Belomorkanal
Thanks, I'll try.
WanRoi
Yes, I say picked up but a slightly better performance in games I will not refuse, the question will be whether she.

B
Belomorkanal 07.01.20

bloomm wrote:
There is not, in turn, by installing this bar will turn off 2 channel mode.
Dual channel mode will work as before. I have an old sistemnike in dual channel mode worked set 8+8GB, and the other two connectors were installed kit 4+4GB working in tracanella mode. Throughput was the same that with extra set of 4+4GB that without him.
Moreover, DartMaul (he fumbles in the gland better than anyone else on NG) personally convinced me that the RAM bandwidth is not falling, if in addition to dual-channel mode to install the strips of RAM working in single channel mode.

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Eclair_93
If not a secret what kind of motherboard, read the instructions?

E
Eclair_93 07.01.20

WanRoi
msi b75a-g41, once upon a time read when you build a PC))

Y
Yoba1212 07.01.20

Belomorkanal wrote:
straps 4+4 works
So put only experts. In the misalignment amount of RAM on channel no good.

Eclair_93
Samsung can not go. A measure, Kingston, patriot, working in pairs. Samsung tried a pair, post not passed, gave a memory error.
Put modules 4+2. If you do not go, then do not.

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Eclair_93
2 of the same module in a single color(Samsung where watcnes). In the instructions however it said that it DIMM2 + DIMM4 or occupy all 4 slots.
In any case, look through the software must be written Dual
Spoiler
Using CPUZ is even simpler: the memory tab, the parameter is Channel #

P. S Samsung for 2 and 4 strips work: https://asset.msi.com/file/test_report/TR10_2674.pdf

B
Belomorkanal 07.01.20

Yoba1212 wrote:
So put only experts. In the misalignment amount of RAM on channel no good.
Nothing good is not in the misalignment amount of the straps, and the bias of the size of the individual memory chips of the planks working in multichannel mode. For example, if one strap 8GB has 16 chips (512MB) and the other 8GB has 8 chips (1024MB). In single channel mode no problems can not be combined in any ratio. And about the experts - did not understand about whom we are.
Yoba1212 wrote:
Samsung can not go. A measure, Kingston, patriot, working in pairs. Samsung tried a pair, post not passed, gave a memory error.
Where Samsung can not go? What does the manufacturer of the strips of RAM? We must look to the manufacturer of the chips that constantly cover the radiators, not the firm, which buys chips and vparivaet them to the PCB. For example Kirstenascio strap of the same model, depending on the party can be soldered both on qualitative Kunikowski chips and shit from Micron.
Yoba1212 wrote:
Put modules 4+2. If you do not go, then do not.
Why?

Eclair_93
The topic has started to write rubbish. Found the bar just plug into a free slot and after launch just in case check whether dual-channel mode. And don't need a brain to soar with unnecessary information and problems.

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Yoba1212 wrote:
Samsung tried a pair, post not passed, gave a memory error.
Just defective dice is caught. Under warranty, the store to pass.

E
Eclair_93 07.01.20

Thank you all for the replies. But the main question still stands: will I get a performance increase or not?)) I just like this case which once again is better not to open) by the Way is still possible somewhere else lying placket 2GB are the same, then it will get 4-channel mode, or 2 for 2 channel?

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Eclair_93 wrote:
or 2 for 2 channel?
So. More than 2 channels is not supported.

B
Belomorkanal 07.01.20

Eclair_93
WanRoi
On this platform will not have the 4-channel mode or, especially, 2 for 2 channels (this option likely does not happen in nature).
Straps are installed in DIMM2 and DIMM4 will work in dual channel with twice the bandwidth, for example, the memory runs in dual channel mode on frequency of 1600 MHz, bus on all platforms 64 bit in one byte is eight bits, consider: 1600х64\8x2=25600 MB\s, that is, these two strips together will provide a bandwidth of 25 and a half gigs per second.
The other trims installed in DIMM1 and DIMM3, will only work in single channel mode, at least one, though two, that is, for each of these strips will be used only a single channel, this is the capacity of these strips will be twice lower than that of installed in DIMM2 and DIMM4. Consider this: 1600х64\8=12800 MB\C, that exactly half of the previously obtained values.
And add performance if the extra 2GB is a purely rhetorical question and the answer is you don't even have to give, as it is the only one - YES, I might add. But how many will add and is it worth it to strain, the question is more complex, I think that is visible to the eye there will be no difference, but the fact that the OS will have a little less to access the hard disk, with the extra two gigs of RAM, personally I would make an effort to stick these 2GB.

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Belomorkanal
Instructions: 2 Canali is activated when occupied 2 slots, or when all 4 slots. In fact, it doesn't matter, load 16GB operatives or 17Гб. installed 32(all slots) - shall be processed in 2 channel mode.

Belomorkanal wrote:
but the fact that the OS will have a little less to access the hard disk,
Don't know why strain your HDD, if 8Gb, it works fine like this:
Spoiler

Y
Yoba1212 07.01.20

WanRoi wrote:
Just defective dice is caught.
Separately they worked fine.
Belomorkanal wrote:
Why?
Because the information is hammered in pairs in two channels. The modules operate sequentially, first hammered first, then second, starting from the first module of the first channel. In a single channel 8Gb, the other 4-d. It will not have values until the total consumption of RAM will not exceed 8Gb.

B
Belomorkanal 07.01.20

WanRoi wrote:
Don't know why strain your HDD, if 8Gb, it works fine like this:
HDD will be less strain with the increase in RAM, I see You did not read my post. And what You showed that swap off? What does this have to the topic? It may be enough to go around and around? On the question of the increase of productivity and expediency for a long time the answer was given, to make conclusions of You and also You act, I see no reason to continue the topic, but just to talk. To communicate through this website I don't want it, so go on without me.

Yoba1212
If I understand correctly, You believe that after filling the total amount of RAM above the amount that you give straps in dual channel mode, dual channel mode is disabled and RAM bandwidth falls to single channel mode?

Perhaps I've had enough, the answer to the question in the topic I have outlined, and on crazy posts, reply I have long been tired, although I've really liked.

Y
Yoba1212 07.01.20

Belomorkanal
This is elementary. Pull out all memory modules, put one, instead of the first module, the fourth, and try to start the PC. That's all your theories and end.
RAM stops working in dual channel mode, just a lack of a module system will compensate for the expense of what?
Therefore, it makes no sense to put a pair of different RAM. Imagine that you put a 16+16, and then throws what hnyu.

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Belomorkanal wrote:
HDD will be less strain with the increase in RAM, I see You did not read my post. And what You showed that swap off?
Yeah, I don't understand how the increase in OP reduces the load on the HDD? What is the relationship, these two devices?
And therefore I remembered the file swap.

W
WanRoi 07.01.20

Yoba1212
As a variant of wrong in the marking. For example identical planks:
Spoiler

But this does not mean that they will work (one hundred pounds) in 2 channel mode. In addition to the total volume of memory, the frequency of the MHz and timings - nothing. And judging by the marking, they are still different.