3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Viktor.T. 07.01.20 01:43 am

Interview with Paul Sebora interesting. (Euro Truck Simulator 2)

Who said that Monday is a hard day? (although Yes, to argue this is hard)) ) here is the latest news ripe.

The last few weeks, a team of SCS in the path moves across Europe, staying on the stages of the FIA ETRC. This is accompanied by meetings with fans, and various youtubers. One of these took the following interview from Daniel Nemira (providing communication), and then with the head SCS Pavel Sebor. The interview turned out quite long, not less interesting because it raised a lot of interesting themes. So here's what we learned from the interview:

Their SIM trailer has become a very important part of the company, as it helps not only to establish a connection with the fans, attracting their attention, but becomes a good advantage when negotiating with other companies. In addition, many are so interested in the presence of the trailer in various places, I become more and more, because SCS already quite well-known company, that is certainly a good argument in negotiations, such as obtaining licenses.
The DLC release, Oregon was the completion of an arduous journey and hard work, because during the work on this extension trained new employees, because the team needs more staff that will accelerate the work on content for games. As Paul said, already is working on multiple extensions.
In the beginning the goal was to become a company of game development, so it was released as hunting and adventure in the ocean. But after the first simulator trucking 18 wheels of steel (the project later received a series of games), which was very warmly received by the players, it was decided that this is what they want to do. Choosing the mainstream of the simulation of freight, over time, get more experience, it can be compared to a snowball — the farther it rolled, the bigger it becomes.
Speaking about future plans, Paul said that they are considering to release games in different genre, because for development time, other companies can release multiple games, in other words, it is difficult to enter into some kind of genre where there are already a lot more experienced studios and developers. But simulators of trucks are stable, therefore it is considered this direction. SCS has repeatedly teased fans by the buses, but in addition is likely to be an extension of the existing world in terms of diversity of equipment.
Continuing the theme about the future, Paul says that over time the interests of the fans are changing and at the moment they must be prepared for previously impossible, expanding and improving the game world, which is already built. Considering the needs of fans and interaction with them, SCS got to that point where we need to think about the multiplayer mode. This is something we are working on the sidelines of the company and this naturally will create a great Foundation for the future. It will not just events that you can see now, it will be something more complex and they are already preparing for major changes.
SCS is now focused on games for PC and Linux, but there are a lot of complaints from console owners. This work requires as much effort and the end result is what Paul wants to get a quality product, but it will take time, so wouldn't like to give any predictions.
Paul also talked about the fact that games in the future, he wants to get something more than just driving. Because now they are interested in different serious company, and work should be done with serious intentions. (here is probably a hint of what will be a simulator for the training of future truck drivers.)
Currently started work on the expansion card that adds countries such as Portugal and Spain, but this is only the first stage — the study area, so the release next year, it's hard to say. Full-time job over exactly this extension will be after the release of the Baltic sea, but before going to be the expansion card for another region. If to speak about concrete figures, we are currently working on three add-ons for Europe and four for America, but in what sequence and at what time they will leave is uncertain, because in the process of creating will be seen the amount of work that significantly affects the timing.
Speaking of licenses, Paul again reminded that they would not want to give too many comments about it, because I didn't want to disrupt the negotiations, or something like that. Currently, negotiations are under way with several manufacturers. The Renault MT was shown over a year ago and the truck really is built in a greater degree, but as it turned out, having two units of Renault trucks and cars, you need to obtain the approval of both of them, because the logo and brand belong equally to these two units. This is a really complex process and it cannot be called any time, it could be weeks or another year but sooner or later it has to happen, so we, the users, and SCS, we need to be patient.
In the end, Paul thanked all the fans for their support and feedback. No need to worry about the fact that maybe your region is not in the game, because it can appear someday and you will be able to visit it.
©VTK Integra.
12 Comments
Sort by:
P
PGaccount 07.01.20

I wonder how they implement moving to Spain for those who have France only has default )

v
vigo24 07.01.20

PGaccount
Teleport

P
PGaccount 07.01.20

vigo24
where? ) need at least Genoa. you can, of course, of Venice - the imagination will allow.

g
gans194 07.01.20

PGaccount
by ferry by plane, train!

M
ManticoreX 07.01.20

PGaccount
Ferry from England I think she will.

A
Apex1972 07.01.20

As usual - and said a lot about nothing. My subjective opinion - the license for RENAULT T these hacks will not get until you are normal model, similar quality SCANIA NEXT GEN, and not the squalor that they showed.

L
LeoGTX560 07.01.20

Pasha lives in a cave, compared to other developers. No word on the quality of the graphs. Already RTX2080, and he went to the game on the 9th. Jungle fucking

v
vigo24 07.01.20

LeoGTX560
Yes, he knows that the graphics are so-so silent so as not to inflame people

b
blacksitearea 07.01.20

PGaccount
Could France and in default to pay or simply combine with Spain. I don't think DLC France many willing to buy.

T
The_Igromator 07.01.20

blacksitearea
I think in the near future, SCS will still give your old extensions, unless of course the toad does not strangle. Might have to give everybody Going East on the eve of the release of Beyond the Baltic Sea. The addition is very old and the quality is not far from the default map, though presented at the time a lot of positive emotions. No... you need something to split hairs, create new ports for ferries. All this for those who are not having Going East came into the new extension. I understand the ferry from Scandinavia. But in the future, such chips with the ferries I think will look silly. Why are they all. Let's do Spain and East of France we're on the ferry ride. Or from the North of Italy, huh ? Why then do we go, when can gender card to sail on ferries.

The fact that they are expanding the territory it is certainly good. Neojidanno discovered that at least 3 extensions is prepared and developed. I think after the Baltic will go to the Balkans, but not all countries will fall in addition. At least divide by 2 DLC. First, perhaps some larger countries, Romania and Bulgaria, Moldova is well because she's next. Then Bosnia, Croatia and all other countries small in that region. Further Spain with Portugalia. It turns out 3 Supplement.

In the end, will remain Norway and Belarus with Ukraine. If so, and will expand further to the East, they deystvetelno have your old extensions to give all, as the ferry in Belarus will not fall)))

b
blacksitearea 07.01.20

The_Igromator
What about Going East I fully agree. Regarding future extensions of the map - let them expand as they want, if only in Belarus and Russia did not climb. With a map and ATS are not United.

T
The_Igromator 07.01.20

blacksitearea
Russia has climbed, but Belarus is under question. I think someday in Belarus will make a road when the number of directions to expand, drawing to a close. Map with ATS unite will not be 100% as there are separately for this game. ATS will evolve separately, they will rivet every state until people buy and it makes a profit. The same thing to say and ETS2. People will buy add-ons, will make again and again. Even if the roads go somewhere in Africa.