3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
p
pandore 03.09.19 03:37 am

The pros and cons of isometric games?

Projection normally used in video games, is somewhat different from "true" isometric due to the limitations of raster graphics using a combination of perspective projection and the view from the height of bird flight.

That they good and bad?

Do you focus on old school games a step forward or a step backwards in contemporary video games?

9 Comments
Sort by:
p
pekabir 03.09.19

pandore wrote:
a step forward or a step backwards
marking time

R
Rolemanser 03.09.19

pandore
Tell me about the concentration of old-school games? Over the past 3 years there have been several games which can be counted on the Hoop and even free stays.

s
saa0891 03.09.19

pandore wrote:
Do you focus on old school games a step forward or a step backwards in contemporary video games?
What a fucking concentration (see concentration I console kintz and just shaft MMO slag),they thank God only come out thanks to kickstarter,well, the main plus of this camera,the fact that it is suitable for tactics,allowing you to see all the options for the location,attack,defense as your heroes and the enemy,and calculate a multitude of combinations and moves,it is very easy to control your entire squad,because it's usually games that allow you to manipulate multiple characters each of which has its own characteristics,specialization,skill and even character.

M
MagicHero 03.09.19

Isometric gives some advantages for role-playing and strategy games. Firstly it is a better portrayal. The second time saving because no need to draw the object from all sides. I like to play strategies that are never rotated the camera although it is possible, like in some RPGs. Thirdly, from this perspective it is better to control a hero or troops.

r
requiemmm 03.09.19

If money were not spent on the rendering of the stern of one or more heroines, they're gone somewhere else, right?:) There is some probability that the dialogue or the plot will be a little better than usual, this is a major plus. Again, the isometric view shows all the location, don't head to turn, less likely to miss something. Still there usually active pause there, distributed teams, and let time and not hammering like a woodpecker on the buttons to get things done.
There is only one minus - sometimes you want something less sleepy gameplay, but this has nothing to do with a genre like this, not-so-hasty. Although I'm not talking about all sorts of StarCraft, hundred years they did not play. Only the tactics and RPG.

t
tzntch 03.09.19

For me the minus isometry that if it is impossible to rotate the camera you can't see the sky. It interferes with my immersion.
In the first dragon Age have found a compromise: usually the view from the 3rd person view, and the sky is visible, and if you want you can raise the camera high above your head to tactically assess the situation.

L
Listorel 22.12.20

Undoubtedly a step back, isometry is of course simple and convenient, I would even say conditional, but wait, there is chess and Tetris. I'm not saying that games should be overloaded with their graphics and gigabit textures, no, but the visual component has also evolved, why not add it to the gameplay both in beauty and in capabilities? But if we talk specifically about visuals, on the other hand, for some reason, the impression was that isometry gives some advantages, like playing back and good mechanics, alas, no, it's just that most working with 3D graphics are stupidly focused on colorfulness and cinematography, which initially sells the product faster, and then They successfully score on him (well, of course, well-implemented mechanics, or at least you won't see a balance there for often), and they go to produce new similar bright candy wrappers.

M
MunchkiN 616 22.12.20

something is clearly good and bad in her.
isometry gives a ready composition of the scene and has movement in 2D space, which gives its specific gameplay easy reading of the scene. Separately, it is worth noting the games sharpened for mouse control.
in the past, isometry gave good graphics with limited resources. now this does not make sense anymore, since modern computers can do more and give a picture better than pre-renders and sprites. however, 3D engines work with perspective and the composition of the scene can look wrong and unpredictable even with orthogonal rendering. therefore, plus sprite isometric in a relatively simple setting of the level and composition of objects. minus - game design tends to the 2D plane of the game world both in 2D and in 3D isometric. isomerism can, but not very effectively, work with real-world volumes. narrow rooms and large open spaces. This is better in the first person. also visual navigation on the terrain will not work there.
so for some types of games isomerism is quite organic. for some there and for some it is not.

z
z8TiREX8z 05.01.21

pandore's
main advantage is the ability to fully concentrate on the plot and storytelling of the game.