3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fr1dayKillME 17.09.19 06:01 pm

The decision drawdowns fps when vertical sync is enabled (Mass Effect: Andromeda)

Was drawdown fps on ultra settings with enabled v-sync to 30 fps 1600x ryzen gtx 1066, the monitor 60Ггц. Notice that the drawdown occur when the speed drop below 60 frames, i.e. in complex scenes. The first decision was to reduce quality settings, it helped, but not satisfied with the decision. Then began strumming methods v-sync in Nvidia Panel. Adaptive sync has solved the problem of subsidence fps, but also caused artifacts in the form of horizontal stripes when fps <60. Then tried a fast method of vertical sync. This method disables the limitation of the render frame, but does not display the extra frames, i.e., 61,62, etc. footage is not displayed on the monitor. This solved the problem of subsidence fps, and also contributed to the appearance of artifacts (broken frames). Now it remains to solve the problem of how to limit the frame rate. I have used RivaTuner Statistics Server that comes with msi afterburner. Perhaps there is a simpler and better solution, but I use the overclocking through msi ab and monitors system status via rtss.

Now, briefly:
1) Disable vertical sync in the game.
2) In the Nvidia control panel, go to 3D Settings, then in Manage 3D settings, select the tab programmatically configure, choose mass effect andromeda.exe from bottom in the table looking for the function Vertical sync pulse and select Quickly.
3) Download with of. city and install Msi AfterBurner, complete with RivaTuner Statistics Server, setup will automatically offer to install it.
4) Run Msi Afterburner or if the installation program ran it in the system tray looking for the icon of blue monitor is RivaTuner. Open.
5) from the Bottom on the left in the RivaTuner will be the button Add, zhmakaem it, specify the path of exe file of ass effect andromeda, next to the right opposite to Framerate Limit specify the frequency of the monitor, or the value to which you want to limit the output frames to the monitor.
6) Test, check if You're satisfied with, the lag was gone, tearing of the image, go to the settings of Msi Afterburner and put a checkmark next to start with Windows.
7) a Good game for those who have not this game (like me).

Pros: disappeared drawdown to 30фпс at 1066 gtx, on ultra-high settings, but even on full ultra now stable 50-60 frames. The graphics card is not running at full in weak scenes, as one might think, thanks to the limitation of the rtss. Can test lowering the settings to minimum and see the download of the graphics card through the msi ab. Disappeared the frame cuts.
Cons: not seen. While testing, you test, and if there's a problem, try to solve the entire Board )

P. s if anyone had the same problem that fps was drapala-enabled plane, and someone was able to solve it in another way, please write, I will try this method. While that is not found in tyrnete method that could solve the fps drop in my case. Only his crutches was able to make a smooth praimtaim and smooth fps.

Upd. Tip from Gunnm - you can use nvidia inspector, how to enable fast for frame synchronization and to limit the frame rate.
9 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gunnm 17.09.19

First, fast sync, not all green cards are in the control panel. Second, all of the above problems are solved by a setting in Nvidia Inspector, in fact the advanced settings of the driver. The same limiter of fps, fast sync through inspector can be enabled on graphics cards that supposedly don't support. Tested, works. But, fast sync is possible side effect in the form of periodic tutterow and increase PSU imput lag. The tearing is inherent to monitors with a refresh rate of 60 Hz, there is no universal remedy without side effects. Either put up with the tearing or since with impulsion and subsidence fps (some games work well with conventional sincom, even if fps sags below 50, and some that just cut the lock at 30 fps). With the usual sincom can umanisti PSU imput lag, putting the limit is not 60 fps (in 60 Hz), and 58. On an old computer so decided wild mouse lag in Skyrim with sincom. And now I'm on a 75 Hz monitor VSYNC don't use at all, is permanent limiter at 73.5 fps inspector. the tearing is almost not observed, is rarely slips in some games, but generally not critical if compared with the old 60 herculem with Monica. After 60 Hz Monica even 75 Hz seems to have a much smoother and nicer to the eye. A good solution is of course the 120 Hz monitor or above, they are tiring the eye. Or monitors with traincom from AMD. G-sync is painfully expensive option.

F
Fr1dayKillME 17.09.19

Gunnm
And where were you, when I all Internet dug up, and could not find a solution that fast sync and lock the FPS will help? Haven't been able to create a theme ?) Would save me and others a lot of nerves and time, and thank you would big told a bunch of people.

Well, it turns out to play without a problem in me, you should disable VSYNC and buy Monique supporting 75ггц. Just did not think)

Well, thanks for the tip on the inspector, really, will be using it to do everything when not in use afterburners. The inspector never used, didn't know about it. And by the way input lag I have not noticed, played yesterday, hours after the manipulations. And indeed NVIDIA says that if you use a fast sink delays is minimal, as when a disabled vertical sync.Chart time frames even, generally is played as it should be played. You shouldn't worry about input lag, etc.

Anyway, I did not expect from a game of this. First played more than six months ago for the gtx 960 and xeon e5450, there were no problems with drop in fps, but the CPU is not exported, were always loaded to the limit, so I deleted the game, deciding to go later on a normal PC and the chart. Took r1600x since 1066 , and there are troubles ) This is after how much time and how many patches ?

X
XanderDeKoz 17.09.19

Can't you just turn off sync?)

B
Belomorkanal 17.09.19

Gunnm wrote:
A good solution is of course the 120 Hz monitor or above, they are tiring the eye.
It is subjective, personally I even notice on the monitor 144 HZ in dynamic scenes. But, compared to the 60\75 HZ, it really becomes insignificant 120\144 HZ, a slight, but not imperceptible to me.

On the subject, can only confirm that fast sync really helps in some games, in which the normal sync leads to stable subsidence fps. But fast sync degrades the responsiveness of the mouse in the other as well as the usual sync. And the inspector is a very useful thing, for example they can be in Skyrim limit fps to 40-50, to resolve problems with the physics.

F
Fr1dayKillME 17.09.19

XanderDeKoz
The tearing appears. Plus the map is loaded 100%, even in weak scenes.

m
meglen 17.09.19

Gunnm
I have a problem with the game Rainbow Six: Siege. Without vertical sync, there are gaps with which to play simple impossible, but when I turn on the plane there is a terrible irritant PSU imput lag. I have included a fast sync through the control panel, then breaks and PSU imput lag is gone, but there stators (mine is limiting the fps in game to 60) is it Possible to remove the stators with the fast sync ? For example: maybe there is a way to put a limiter on the max fps for fast sync, that he was not given the stators ?

r
roland1 17.09.19

meglen wrote:
stators
what do you want.here is a video of the same person advises but from but from satorov not save it. try to include in the panel Nvidia
and also include
well, or conventional vertical sync
here is a video which, like the speaker above , shows how to do it but also says that the staters will not disappear
Spoiler

r
retrogamess 17.09.19

roland1
meglen
both the Council to limit fps not Rivatuner, it uses the percent of this can appear staters , I personally limit the FPS monitor this program fee . but not expensive, the picture is smooth, included ,quick sync lock and the smoothness of the picture is average, and Bandicam lochit same smoothness to achieve, I had limited Rivatunter and there was stuttering

G
Gunnm 17.09.19

meglen
Fast sync so arranged, podragivanija small still, stuttery. Not going to get them. Everywhere the compromise or put up with the tearing of the picture or impetigo or with statename. Perhaps the best solution is traincom or monitors with g-sync'kom.