3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dimatok 08.01.20 12:25 pm

Z-fighting, creepy stairs and flickering in all games and 3D applications

So the problem is actually in the header. For 3 months I am suffering with a terrible flicker in games (as much as it hurts my eyes), constant failures and overlay textures on top of each other (i.e. texture peripheral, such as a label on the object is constantly flickering, partially lost), all this happens ONLY when any camera moves. Heard that problem is called z-fighting. It started after I updated the computer (although she was up to it, but not so conspicuous). After the update the process was like to accelerate. Now the missing texture and shimmer so much that playing is impossible.
Tried to solve it for very long. Communicated with support for different manufacturers of parts, replaced parts, tried to connect with them and without. Most fear that those who are faced with this and found no reason. I'm desperate, money for a new computer there is a maximum to replace the item. But what?
The list of new parts/procedures before catalyzation process:
1)Replaced the i5-2450p on the i7-2500k
2)Installed a new SSD and it is windows 10 (official) + crack
3)Added two new strips of RAM (previously worked on frequency 1333, though quicker, after installing the new raised to 1600)
4)Installed a new cooler

List of completed procedures and inspections:
1) Updated, removed (completely), rolled back the driver
2) Replaced the CPU on the old one, disconnected the graphics card and tried on another, cut off all the strips of RAM and connected at one
3) Tried in a large number of games (the problem is everywhere, even at the largest little noticeable aliasing and vertical sync tried)
4) Changed the thermal paste, checked temperature (all normal)
5)Completely dumped any acceleration, threw off on a default and CPU and RAM
6) Cleaned the computer from dust

Not tried:
1) Reinstall Windows
2) Check the PSU, replace the motherboard
3) With another monitor

Config:
Windows 10 x64 with update September
Motherboard: maximus v formula. She is about 8 years.
RAM: two corsair strips with a frequency of 2133, two 1600. DDR3. Work on 1600. The first two stand for many years, the second two bought Boo a few months ago.
CPU: I7-2600k, overclocked to 4.0. In the most stressful conditions more than 75 not warmed. Idle around 45-50. Boo, purchased two months ago.
GPU: Gigabyte 1060 6gb (bought in store, a year and a half ago)
Drives: SSD, wd 500, hdd from seagate to 1TB.
PSU: 600 watts, about eight years.
Monitor: Acer 60Hz (about 8 years)

Additional infa:
Motherboard works fine, but only runs if the cooler is hard to bend in one direction. If this is not done, the computer dies a few seconds after launch, and itself starts to run again. Moreover, it should be done only at the time of launch. After the computer comes to run OS - x you can at least where to move. I suspect there's a hairline fracture.

Video demonstration of the bug: (look at stickers)

Possible causes:
1) Windows or virus
2) the Motherboard has a crack which graphics card or CPU do not work well (and this causes artifacts)
3)the problem with the monitor?

In the end, the questions:
1) What could be responsible for such nonsense?
2) Could there be a problem in the motherboard (the microcracks, for example)? Should I buy a new one?
3) does it make sense to carry in repair?
4) What else should I check and do?
11 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lodurr 08.01.20

image shepherding off. If never included, then turn on, go into the game and play, then come out and turn it off. 3D settings put from apps, first row.
dimatok wrote:
What could be responsible for such nonsense?
In the old games SSD. I have ЕТС2 seems to flicker periodically. Scored a bolt on it and just everything. Because of one game for new Windows to put on the HDD well nafih. ))
Well, you, so if you like old games, it is better to put system on HDD and games to the same set.

d
dimatok 08.01.20

Lodurr
Flicker is in the old and new games. Including the latest Call of duty. In games both on SSD and on HDD.

L
Lodurr 08.01.20

dimatok
Well then pitch broke. )

F
FuckBurz 08.01.20

Replaced processor to the old one, disconnected the graphics card and tried on another, cut off all the strips of RAM and was connected for one. And what else was tried? As a rule, such problems due to the graphics card.

d
dimatok 08.01.20

FuckBurz
changed its 1060 borrowed from a friend 1660. There is no difference.

d
dimatok 08.01.20

Lodurr
this is a wonderful conclusion, only the whole point of the post in question exactly what could have broken

L
Lodurr 08.01.20

dimatok
Well, certainly not math.cost. The image displays a video card and monitor, there is the look issue.

d
dimatok 08.01.20

Lodurr
suspicion of the Mat. Board because it crashes at startup. And the suspicion that slot the video card is damaged, what video card and crashes.

E
El_Trolo 08.01.20

Lodurr
Arrived. Where this is the most graphics card in your inserts, sweetheart?
dimatok
Try it with Mat. check todelete, for example, move the card to another pci slot, or run somewhere different motherboard, maybe your some kind of problem with the pci connector, or maybe there are somewhere hit by any bad smell or something. Missing detail may be so small that you will not even notice she was missing.

L
Lodurr 08.01.20

El_Trolo wrote:
Where this is the most graphics card in your inserts, sweetheart?
And where is the output image? Tell me, I'll listen, maybe learn something new.

d
dimatok 08.01.20

El_Trolo
tried different slots, one not working at all, the second worked with ten times and the result is the same, the third work - use it right now.