3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20 01:47 am

Flight or hanging (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands)

Good time of day.
My system:
1) Processor - i7-7700;
2) graphics Card - AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition;
3) Motherboard - Asus Z170-P;
4) RAM - Kingston DDR4-2666 16384MB PC4-21300 (kit of 2x8192) HyperX Fury Black;
5) BP - was the Aerocool VP-650, at the moment EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W;

So, I bought this game and started playing, but faced a problem, on Win7 it periodically crashes to desktop without any errors. After that I reinstalled fire wood on the videocard, did not help. Then I put Win 10 and now the problem remains, but instead of flying out to the desktop, it just periodically tightly hangs, need to remove the task and start the new.
At first I thought that not pulling the PSU ( thought the peak of an drawing card consumes lots of power and the PSU just can't cope), which was 650 Watts and decided to take for the future on 1000 Watts, but as it turned out - did not help and the reason was not in it.
With all this, when I launch the utility Aorus graphics engine and see what the game is consumed at the moment of resources, see that the temperature is normal (above 80 does not rise), but the increased GPU Clock [MHz] the game is always on the mark - 2000. I understand that it's probably a lot and in the limit (probably), but I don't understand why it is so loaded, because based on their system requirements, my card is too powerful for this game and at top speed it will pull and map easier.
The card works in Gaming mode ( there is ADEOS Mode, Silent mode, User mode) that is selected in the same utility from AORUS.
The departure is not always through one and the same time, when an hour later, when through 2, sometimes can not fly, I did not understand what it depends on, but still lean on the graphics card, the option which I mentioned above a very busy somehow :(
Maybe something wrong with the graphics card (wood) and need to pass under the guarantee (on the other hand, if it was some sort of problem, then perhaps it would not work at all!?)? Maybe with something else? Someone faced with such problem?
Please help, as the hardware is very good by today's standards, but there is a problem... :(
PS Play call of duty warfare infinite - she's no such problems (not surprisingly, the resources that she eats less).
P. P. S. Settings everywhere on the max for this iron makes no sense to take that used to play on lower settings.
17 Comments
Sort by:
c
chlenix 10.01.20

after the crash/hang of the game
open a search-viewing event logs-event viewer -warning-Display.
if there is a suitable recording and time -then flew the driver.
90% of the problem in the VC and its frequency, 10% of the problem is the game/driver settings /software in the system tray

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

chlenix
The frequencies are standard, or rather I did not disperse and no further manipulation is done: installed in the PC, installed driver and play.

J
Just-Name 10.01.20

Luc_Skywalker
To win 10 just updated with win7 ? or a clean install done?

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

Adik-rus
The net has made the on the new hard disk system set. So basically nothing has changed, because on Win7 I was kicked out of the game to the desktop, and in Win10 instead of flying out to the desktop it freezes.

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

After all, I'm also more inclined to the option that the problem frequencies, but don't understand why, because if the graphics card was defective, it had not worked at all, and so...

c
chlenix 10.01.20

this card is preference with factory overclocking, which is not always appropriate for the card.
drop frequency of 100 MHz and if the crashes stop, then you can hand over the map.

J
Just-Name 10.01.20

Luc_Skywalker
Look honestly I would like to help but I don't know.I was thinking probably soft bukovany but if you say that on pure Windows all set.Try 1) Install an older version of the driver for the video card and him try to run 2) Disable all apps from MSI (utility from the manufacturer of the video card) 3) If this does not work try the frequency on the graphics card manually to lower and see what happens in the game,if the crashes stop, we most likely factory overclocked touched
P. S I Actually have the gtx 1070 and for some reason certain games have trouble with the missions (Lara Croft and Mass Effect Andromeda) is also out to desktop without error,although in other games of the such did not notice. So the problem may not be in hardware at all and during the games.

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

chlenix
Adik-rus
Thank you for answer.
Try to do as you said.
Chlenix, did I understand correctly that if I turn the frequency to 100 MHz and it will help to stop crashes, then it needs to be changed under warranty? I mean it could be an isolated situation because the manufacturer went too far with factory overclocking, and on another card which can change the acceleration will be smaller and work stable?

J
Just-Name 10.01.20

Luc_Skywalker
Yes you understood correctly,it's not certainly not isolated incident That happens on all graphics cards from any manufacturer,and it may well be that you will change the same,but it is EXTREMELY unlikely,so if you really want to take the same,If that's a problem and you can prove it in the store(if bought in a crappy store (was a case ) where they have sales once a year,and they will be very glad that you brought it to him, then they will have to prove + that they even get ready it will not change and repair(45 days by law they are fixing it under warranty you can) And if you bought in a normal shop then don't worry just warranty exchanged and all.

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

Adik-rus
I understand. Yes, bought in a good shop, largest online store of Ukraine :)
Thanks, will do as suggested and watch the results.

i
iGorf33 10.01.20

As I understand it, you use utilities - AORUS GRAPHICS ENGINE, the latest version 1.15. I have GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 Gaming. So all versions of this utility somehow make\map fail: load percent, crashes Explorer, etc. When that problem occurs from time to time. My advice is take XTREME GAMING ENGINE and try without it. Or download v XTREME GAMING ENGINE.1.25 (supports GTX 1080), this version I have never caused any problems on Windows 10 .

d
dexonik 10.01.20

Try overclocking op. memory to remove the xmp profile , change with less timings and voltage, I was helped from the same bug.

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

iGorf33
Thanks, I'll try it just does not start.

L
Luc_Skywalker 10.01.20

dexonik
Now googling where it is, and not in the know.

T
Trehpalij 10.01.20

I have the same problem , put the old gtx 1080 and everything works, change to the new gtx 1080 ti aorus and any game crashes after a short time. Tell me if you solved the problem. Thank you.

A
Alexandr Popovich 10.01.20

if you haven't seen a test drive 1080 may be heated to 90 but TI 45 max is a complete ass wildly kills all desires as well as new nakua Yes, if it's not working

A
Alexandr Popovich 10.01.20

and the guys actually 45 max when working steadily if 44 degrees is not poluchaetsya keep zdayte to the store because it's complete nonsense