3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Slashur 1998 11.01.20 02:30 pm

Repainting textures (The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

Probably a stupid question,but as a recolor of the robe and the hooded mythic dawn in blue color,please tell me?
11 Comments
Sort by:
a
airstorm 11.01.20

Slashur Entertainment
Look for the mod on gowns, robes, hoods, cloaks and capes. Like mods very much.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.01.20

the most obvious answer is to gut the game to find the texture and popcat her then back to keep the original formatec AZM DDS
the truth is they are all such uniforms will be blue

A
AT_Sagor 11.01.20

- Turn on the console;
- Poke in the right robe of the mouse pointer (so we know its ID);
- Open the editor;
- Find thing by ID;
- Change texture thing for another, which has already been prepared and cast where you want (which I don't know that we need to understand where they are);
- Save as a separate mod;
- Connected modes;
- To play.

But this is all theory at the knee, which I never used.

S
Slashur 1998 11.01.20

AT_Sagor
okay,thanks

g
gmh4589 11.01.20

AT_Sagor
Everything is absolutely not done. Why write if you don't know.
Slashur Entertainment
You can go three ways.
The 1st method.
You need three programs, unpacking of game archives (a lot of them, you can use, for example, FOMM BSA Unpacker, Bethesda Archive Extractor, Dragon Unpacker, Unpacker BFG, Quick BMS c plugin, etc.), graphics editor supporting DDS format (Photoshop with DDS plugin from nVidia Paint.NET, c Gimp DDS plugin) and polymod preprogramme Archive Invalidation for Oblivion.
The first thing you need to unzip the found file unpacker Oblivion - Textures.bsa (in the file name can be the word Compressed or something like that)
Then manually look for the file with the texture of the apparel. It is difficult, therefore, to facilitate the process, you can install a program SageThumbs, it allows you to preview a DDS and other image formats directly in Windows Explorer as well, would be nice to use something more advanced than a standard image viewer the Windows, for example, Irfan Veiw, XN View, Imagine.
When a texture is found, it will need repaint in the editor and save in the same format as it was (with all DDS parameters as in the original file, except for the permissions that you can change it).
And lastly, you can go two ways: either replace the texture in the archive, compress it back and replaced the old files. Or put a new texture into the DATA folder, to keep all the way up to textures from the archive and use the program Archive Invalidation for Oblivion.
The 2nd method.
Almost the same, but also the textures need to find another model robe a Myth. Dawn. In all other respects the method is identical.
To find the model you need a program Nif Scope. Unpack the archive Oblivion - Mesh.bsa, and in turn, open the model file in this program. When a model is found, need to replace with the same Nif Scope the path to the pre-prepared texture.
The second method is more long and thorny, it is better to use in extreme cases.
3rd method
Going to need more and editor mods for oblivion Construction Set. Also will need to find and the texture and the model of the robe. Change them as described above and to save under other names.
Then, in the Construction Set find the count of apparel, click on it RMB and create a copy. The copy you can rename it or leave as is. Then click twice on the copy, there are looking for the box model, and model the path to the newly created.
You can then place the generated mantle replaced with a texture somewhere in the world, but you can not do that, and add clothes to your inventory via console already in the game (then you have to memorize a digital value ID of the editor, plug the mod in the add-ons Manager and to remember the boot order, then in the console game to gain player.additem xxyyyyyy 1, where x is the load order, y, ID of subject).
The third way you can replace only one robe, all the rest will remain red. But if you want all robes to blue, it is better to use the first method, it is faster and easier.

A
AT_Sagor 11.01.20

gmh4589
I know for the most part not true, so pure theory without practice, but nevertheless everything starts to work, and more specifically:
One comes along and sees written is not true, the decision and begins to write about it, but his words were more convincing begins to Express his instructions. And what is the result? And the fact that we now have more options. Correct?, - I hope so!

Here admit would write if I've not posted for such a murky instructions?

S
Slashur 1998 11.01.20

gmh4589
thank you for all the instructions!

S
Slashur 1998 11.01.20

gmh4589
I wanted to ask and how to save the DDS file in photoshop,what settings DXT and MinMaps

g
gmh4589 11.01.20

Slashur Entertainment
If I haven't forgotten (have not model Irradiated), the DXT will work with DXT 1 to DXT 5, inclusive, ARGB8 should also work, other work is likely not to be, some more modern, others on the contrary are outdated by the release of Oblivion.
A MipMap - most importantly, put a tick in the option"Save MipMap (like this), the parameters are not important. And even if the check mark is not put to work will still, then the game itself will create MipMap's.
The alpha channel should be retained, if only in the original texture it is, if no alpha channel - this setting will only increase the file size.

g
gmh4589 11.01.20

AT_Sagor
I would write, no doubt.

S
Slashur 1998 11.01.20

gmh4589
thank you