3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dar_97 11.01.20 02:31 pm

What is the problem? (Resident Evil 5)

I already bought retail disc with the game Resident evil 5 (not Steam version) and everything worked great. Normally there is launcher with a choice of Dx9 or Dx10 and the game worked.
But the other day decided to buy a Resident evil 5 +Dlc (Steam version)
I downloaded the game and already was in anticipation, as my friend,
Spoilerage spire this game all day
But it was not there.
After I downloaded, the game won't start at all. Not even the same Launcher-and with a choice of Dx9-Dx10. Just a black screen and a cursor, all lasts about 5 seconds and all in all the concert ends.
Tried solution: Reinstalled. Replace game fail, the files from Re5 (on disk), Found Fix - the supposedly fail to remedy the problem (also replaced the files in the root of game) - Good - 0
The only thing that somehow helped, it is rolled back version of the game in original GFWL version but they can't play with my friend.
Is there any solution to this problem without rolling back the game to ALONE version that would have all worked consistently? I'll be glad for some help!
7 Comments
Sort by:
O
Oleg V 11.01.20

the game is old, the official network of like not working for a long time... game fo Windows live allows you to play alone...

D
Daniil Sibin 11.01.20

I have everything to start online is available

M
Multiplatformer 11.01.20

Launcher in Steam version does not. Perhaps the problem is the GFWL launcher, it should download it separately and, as strange as it may sound, is required for this version (is used to import saves and achievements). Might still be a problem with the software, I don't remember here or not, but put the native Physx.
The two of us on GFWL to play, but no DLC Gold Edition, just roll back the steam version to the beta testirovanie, and enter the key from the disk even though with those obtained with the purchase of the steam version and play.

d
dimon-alfa 11.01.20

All fine to play without gfwl (although it set up,but not run more). Create an open session, and the other let through the search engine finds (himself to the other as connected, but through Steam was able to call when DLS were).

D
Dar_97 11.01.20

Multiplatformer
I'll try your suggestion, maybe something happens.
(Thanks in advance)

D
Dar_97 11.01.20

dimon-alfa
Again, if you do not roll back the version of the game in gfwl, the game does not start.
Just "black screen with cursor at center" and then throws.
A gfwl version works, but with the guys from steam will come to play.
That's the problem:)

M
Molli Bezumnaya 11.01.20

My husband and I bought recently the regular version, everything works fine, create a lobby, put on the invitation, SHIFT+R prigles all.