3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
AVEDALOR 11.01.20 11:24 pm

Impressions of the game (StarDrive 2)

who already played,share impressions
11 Comments
Sort by:
l
lens_88 11.01.20

Game Staaaaaaaay! And many times better than the first part. So that we have:
Pros:
1)Removed Rialtaym. In contrast to the first part removed space rialtaym. I have nothing against space rialtaym strategies, that's just usually such games are not oriented to the management... what I hated in the first part, when in the middle of battle, you reported that on Tatooine had running water, and at the same time cosmologi asked me to teach them how to use Balshoy Gun Daddy... Now realty remained in tactical battles, and it is just the place.
2)the System of transport. Very comfortable. The fact that the transport in the game not the ships in most cases, but rather a resource. You only need to build a couple, and forget - if necessary, they will be used automatically. Nothing of grotoski on a distant asteroid? Not a problem! in the presence of somewhere of the planet with an excess of hamburgers, startanet transport himself to the starving people. And in other cases.
3)Technology. A lot of them! but will be available for about one third, for an interesting system - given a choice of several sectors(physics, society, etc...) each branch consists of ten consistently open stages, and each stage of the 3 rarely 2 technologies. When choosing what to study you can choose one item from the stage... ONLY one! the rest will become unavailable after that... Oh.... the agony of choice... a nuclear reactor or a nuclear engine? The linear ship or Starbase? In fact, to the rest of the technology is possible - from other races through espionage or diplomacy, because they can choose when studying something that did not take you. Such a system removes the need for espionage to a new level of the game can to deal with them up In the game it was the funniest damn useful. It is also worth noting that such a system greatly restricts players style to Explore and bend.
4) the Space bears-samurai
5)the battle Ground. Very entertaining. First gear troops edited by a player. It looks like this - each marine there are three slots for equipment that they can score - you decide. Gun/rifle/rocket launcher/first aid/ armor/UGC/shield/knife/ etc. and even different skills of the type of strong bones, counterattack, rage, etc. - they also equip. A wide range offers you to identify and pick up the role of soldiers in battle. Themselves ground battles quite often - in addition to the standard invasions on the planet, periodically you will get to the quests with the use of ground forces. And I almost forgot - all ground battles take place in turn-based tactical mode, and not characteristic of global space strategies menu.
6) Quests. Not so rare and help distract - whether the seizure of a pirate base, the sweep of the ship from giant insects. Not to say that they were so diverse, but the presence of good. Usually the essence of the quest is reduced to a ground or space battle, as a reward, you can get the progress in technology, design, improvement of relations with the other race(sometimes quests are given other powers), etc.
7)hmm... the interactivity of the game? don't know how to call, but the fact is that, most of the events of the game depend on the player's actions and not the weather in Sevastopol. For example, a quarrel with a neighbor, you may get a message that some individuals are willing to sponsor, if you declare a war, if you will try to maintain the shaky peace, the military men can start a civil war. Or another example - in developing a farm on a planet, you can expect that it will appear agromyza, and a centralized building many ships might grant you a one-man recruiting station.
8) VERY good diplomacy system. Every subject of the auction has a certain value, for example 1 credit unity, technology Balshoy Gun Daddy - over9000, the right to trade - 600, etc. very convenient for setting up deals for eliminates blind noticeware. Further. Depending on the relationship with a neighbor, your peoples are indicators of the readiness for the conclusion of transactions. the better the relationship, the longer the connection the greater the willingness, and the greater scale of the transactions. If the neighbor hates you, and you love it, though you can shower him with gifts, but he will not wait a penny, even offering him half of your colonies.
+/-
The designer of the ships In contrast to the first part is now impossible to change the direction stelby turrets. and it's sad. Otherwise, the editor offers a wide scope for creativity and tactical ideas. But as for me there is one drawback - the ships of different races differ not only in appearance but also in the number and placement cell under the equipment. I understand that this is made for more than for Russ, but pichal - not always in my opinion there is the smell of balance. For example komaiski the ONLY one who can put a serious weapon in the initial case... well, as serious... yet all put on the corvettes lasers point defense and a mini-racket(And will be put to the end of the game for nothing serious one or two cells does not appear), the Bears put on polkarty ruschestrasse Artillery, and nine(which is so early in the game can be kept without supply) cheap corvettee satisfied Zerg rush the galaxy. The funny thing is that the number and location of cells are obsolete in process of development, and these mediacii Serling the actual entire game - just then an artillery gun, you can replace the turret with antimatter.

F
Fernantos 11.01.20

Noticed in the game is one caveat with guns running from energy. For example zero guns then there (can't remember the exact name , but the gun top) in the description eats 2000 energy and in the menu on the right where the characteristics of the ship can be written -350 spends energy for example. So if you have a Titan for example, energy can be produced and 1K of those guns you have 5 pieces that they will not shoot! Therefore, you need to calculate how much energy you spend guns in battle, otherwise half of them would not shoot. You can do to protest this in the script(sandbox).

a
alexpiz 11.01.20

Yes Yes YES here it is at last Master of Orion 2 back from the past hi great universal LIKE !!!!

r
roman239032 11.01.20

If in the process of setting up your civilization to gain negative traits and increase the number of free points to 14, it is possible to take advantage of Creative under special abilities, which will allow you to learn at one time all three technologies from the corresponding branch. This way you can avoid the painful choice....

l
lens_88 11.01.20

roman239032
Can. But it is too in my opinion will cost in the set of negative traits. Except that when you play hard-nosed military, lost in the zeros initial reputation, trade and espionage(with ingenuity is not so necessary) and taking perpetual war. But this build is good in live multiplayer, player vs player, or when playing against 1-3 bots, because in the game already with a large number of computer players, they will be able to fill up the ground.

r
roman239032 11.01.20

That may be so, but if you start with a huge number of systems and distribution systems Clusters, you can since sdyuzhil and vs 6 (more not set). According to their accumulation and not trying to contact with other races, abut the science and swing, swing... I so up to the titans with quantanamo armor, managed to swing and crossed only with the Symbiosis Polopos, but they're kind of like the race in General without complaints. In General, tuning the galaxy, it is possible to achieve greenhouse conditions, agree, strategy is not universal, but give the titans under maharana, but with class 3 shields, but the fighters even with shields, does not work. One grief - did a race of resourceful and cyber does not make. And by the way the question - perpetual war, what is it and where does it come from?

D
DonLeno 11.01.20

Clean this clonic MOO 2, which I still play on the network.

G
Ghost10 11.01.20

Or am I the only one (judging from the descriptions), or the game is very big :(

D
Denis Manulik 11.01.20

good game. chopped it periodically. But a lot needs to be finalised. Yes, and to expand the game has a big potential.

F
FriendAid 11.01.20

The game is great,but developed her scoring,and cartoon there,so the game is not worth the candle .

s
stranjer8 11.01.20

This game could like me more than other space strategies. This type designers of the ships as I love it here more than the one in Stellaris. Ships need fuel, so a small research ship will not be able to fly early in the game on the other side of the galaxy. From the battle you can escape without loss, because the unarmed survey ships have a chance of survival.

But the cons of the game outweigh the pros. Translation into Russian is terrible. The interface is sometimes very inconvenient and not intuitive. Bugs in the game enough. And the Unity engine in this case can also be attributed to the minuses.