3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Q
Qubretes 18.01.20 01:49 am

Reset the number of confiscations car (Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2005))

The problem is that resets the number of crosses confiscation of the car (impound strike) after 3 treatments from pursuits, i.e., these crosses are not saved. Version of the game - repak from mekhaniks, but tried and litsuhe - the same result. I saw a video of this bug, where the console was showing. Ie is it possible to gain say 2 x on each car, and then go 6 times in a row, and all the crosses will disappear. Maybe to someone it will seem the very best, but I would like it to be honest, to give the cars the cops when the arrest etc. How to solve this problem? I would like some kind of technical solution, ideally, or at least something like the number of these crosses, or flag the confiscation of a car in Artmoney.
For yourself yet solved the problem as follows:

Record the number of crosses for each of his cars into the plate, and when the number of arrests reaches a maximum to give the car to the cops or sell.
So the car was confiscated right to do so - after paying the last penalty, after which the car needs to confiscate, reduce the amount of money to zero, that is not enough to pay the minimum fine, then the car is confiscated immediately. Then, using Artmoney reduce the number of arrests that car 1 (to search for that value in Artmoney need to advance, turning off AutoSave and filtering values, for when the car is already taken it will be too late) and returned our money.
Maybe someone knows a more elegant solution...

There is another bug (defect game) when the arrest is made and you paid the fine or bought off the token, the fact of the arrest and the cross are not saved themselves, though AutoSave is enabled, it has to be manually maintained.
3 Comments
Sort by:
A
AFlexex 18.01.20

What about the first bug I understand, and I was exactly the same. I was playing all the time and thought that is the norm.
And do not worry, not in the confiscations and arrests the essence of the game. Just pass the campaign mode, not to be nitpicky, still a neat game.

Q
Qubretes 18.01.20

AFlexex
I've been several times, but had not paid attention or even cheat (Alt+F4). And right now, I thought that maybe if everything was fair there would not be so simple, and maybe even the game had stopped).

Q
Qubretes 18.01.20

He decided the problem. To fix bug in debugger senopati instructions DEC[EAX+03], located at 00580ABA, 00580B30, 00580BA2, 00580C18, 00580C86. Hex code of this instruction should be FE 48 03.

For those who never had to do this:

1. Download ollydbg v. 2.01 off. site (click on OllyDbg)
2. Unzip.
3. To start the game. On the main menu after selecting the profile to minimize it.
4. Run unpacked debugger (if you have the game running as administrator (which I recommended) then the debugger you need to run as administrator)
5. In the top menu click File -> Attach... and select the process speed.exe in the list.
6. Click Attach.
7. Press F9 until, while in the lower right corner of the debugger does not appear the word Running.
8. In the client area, closer to the left top corner is the main program code. Click on it with right mouse button.
9. In the resulting menu, select Go to -> Expression... and fill in the upper field address 00580ABA.
10. Click Follow Expression. Make sure in the second column of the selected user written code FE 03 48, then press the RMB, select Edit -> Fill with NOPs.
11. Repeat points 9 and 10 but in the Expression field enter the following address (00580B30), and so for each.
12. After all operations press on the main code of the program right click, select Edit -> Copy all modification to executable, click OK.
13. In the opened window, click the RMB and select Save file.... Click Yes, rename the file to speed3.exe and click Save.
14. You can close the debugger and the game. Then you need to run speed3.exe, or rename your original speed.exe and this rename speed.exe that he was instead.
15. All nice games.
PS: who does not want to mess with the debugger (though not difficult) is possible too most to make in any hexadecimal editor (hex-editor). Just go for all the above locations and replace code 48 FE 03 90 90 90.
IMPORTANT! If you have at the address is another code (in the debugger it is in the second column) it is better not nopet it.

All changes you do at your own risk, definitely recommend to make a backup of your executable!
I have a Black Edition version 1.3 from R. G. Mechanics and the fix was done for this version, other versions may be all quite different. It seems now everything is working properly unsubscribe if someone does not work or have any questions.