3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
4N1M3D3B1L 18.01.20 11:55 pm

Drops the CPU clock speed in games

Help solve the problem. This is the case: in the normal state processor frequency 3.5 GHz, and when the run game falls to 2.6 GHz and do not change, and stop at the same value. Maybe it has something to do with voltage? Percents Intel Core i7-7700Q
3 Comments
Sort by:
L
Luka_gg 18.01.20

4N1M3D3B1L
First thought - high temperature.
Here's a similar topic: http://forums.playground.ru/hardware/processor/prosadki_mnozhitelya_protsessora-966956/

-
---VENOM--- 18.01.20

Intel Core i7-7700HQ is a laptop CPU at 85-90 degrees it will throttling the frequency due to overheating. Although it may start earlier, depending on how he set up the throttle on the factory laptops. Output three - face, improved cooling (buy cooling pad for example), or do undervolting. Video on it will dump under the spoiler.
Not to be unfounded, tell us about your experience undervolting. I'm on the same CPU saw a picture - at 85-95 degrees frequency was 2.6 GHz. Then I did undervolting (if I'm not mistaken, the value was -0.150) and at the same (plus or minus) of the temperature frequency was kept already at 3.5 GHz. But the value to each processor need to manually select and test. By the way, using the test benchmarks are not particularly helpful if you do - you can, of course, first through the bench to drive, but I put as much -0.180, and he calmly walked to the bench, and only when I started to play it after about 10 minutes I decided to reboot, which meant a shortage of supply.
Spoiler

L
Len4ik00N 18.01.20

4N1M3D3B1L
4N1M3D3B1L wrote:
Help solve the problem
This is not a problem, but a feature of modern laptops. Producers set to iron a number of restrictions (like heat dissipation, energy consumption, etc.) to achieve the desired results (time, temperatures, dimensions, etc.), what constraints for each component can depend on global framework, for example: percent. should be within 20W, graphics card - 30 but don't have to climb over 40W. To fulfill this condition, the laptop, depending on the settings, can cut back someone on 10W or 5W each. An example, of course, conditional, it is actually somewhat more complicated, but in any case, I have to say that just limits you don't will be removed(if at all will be able to find them).
As mentioned above, you can try undervolting, but this manipulation is at your own risk, so if you are not confident don't do it.