3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
i
imker 19.01.20 01:02 am

The solution to the problem with the brakes SCFA (Supreme Commander)

A description of the problem
When playing on large maps with lots of bots the game starts to slow down, the planes fly slow, the bullets too, the game clock counts the time like you're playing in slo-mo mode. While some generally do not depend at least on high even on low.
In particular on the computer e6550 c 4гигами 1333 megahertz, the game slows down in the 11th minute , after passing the bar in one gig used by operatives and loading the processor by 70 percent, while download CPU stops growing download operatives, too, and the game is more prevraschaetsya in a static three-dimensional image hanging in the air planes, as bots rivet new units in their factories.

The cause of the problem
The game just can't use more than 2 GB of memory, even if you have 3.56 gigs assigned to 32 bit Windows. One of the patches samoupravna games when reaching the 2GB replaced the brakes. This is due to the restriction on the issuance of memory applications in 32 bit systems, all games are written for 32 bit Windows the default limit is 2 gig operatives, not just Supreme.

How to solve the problem
1.It is necessary to remove the slowdown, replace it with the jerks and samouillan (as it was in older versions of the game) do I need to install this patch http://supreme-commander.ru/load/myspeed.zip version of the game and balance it does not change.

2.It is necessary to expand the amount of memory reserved for use by a specific game to patch the game with a special program. This is done using the application Large Address Aware,
here is the link http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112556

3.Ruscaceae Windu under 3 Gigabyte processes, for 32-bit and 64 - in many ways:

3.1. For 32 bit operating systems have increased the default memory available to each application of the algorithm to seven and XP different method:
3.1.1. For the group of seven: start - run, type this stuff bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 3072 press enter reboot the computer.
3.1.2. For XP it should be in the boot.ini add to the end of the startup line that this text is /fastdetect switch: /3GB , restart your computer.

3.2.For 64 bit systems nothing to rastakat don't need 64-bit Windows default bored under 32 bit 4 Gigabyte process, just need to expand ekzeshnika address prostanstvo, and that is the prog LAA, to put it simply after step 2 just run the game.

4.Start the game and play.

The mechanism of this method

Myspeed patch releases the brake supremacy when memory limit is reached, but if the game will hit a memory limit it will crash. For the reason that she has not taken off after 15 minutes of the game with six AI bots, we are expanding the game memory limit program Large Address Aware patch, which executable is suprimida adding he addressed increased memory from 2 to 3гигов in 32битной and up to 4 gigs in a 64 bit operating system.

Summary of dances with a tambourine

Processor e6550 slows down and jerks at 100 percent with 4 gigs operatives 1333 mhz under Windows 7 32bit, after 20 minutes of multiplayer games eight the bots people on the map 81 km, with a limit of one thousand units, while download operatives application is 1.5 gig and is gradually increasing with the growth in the number of units on the map, the processor works at 100 and then can not grow, for he е6500 and not i7.

Briefly need the i7 processor and 64 bit Windows with 6 gigs (4 games, 2 for system) preferably with a memory frequency above 2333, and more to the CPU spinning on full in conjunction with such a memory.

The essence
The above-described method extends the software limits from 2 to 4 (ideally) gigs operatives. It remains only to buy a new iron.

If anyone has the opportunity to protest the game on a i7 processor with 6 gigs operatives and 64 bit system (4 gig is the maximum you can give away the game), unsubscribe in the subject. Theoretically, after reaching 4 gigs operatives the game still has to fly, the only question is whether suprimit so much to devour with eight bots sorian, a limit of 1000 units, and map 81 km.

Once buy such hardware myself, then unsubscribe in the subject.

PS
Tried on i5 Rosignano, the processor in 64 bit mode, 8 gigs operatives. with all the tambourines, setting the maximum number of bots marianovich serpentarium with the maximum number of units, the serpentarium lasted 40 minutes and started to slow down still jerks, get somewhere to 2.4 gigs eaten operatives, then crashes. In General it is not curable.
18 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rogue31 19.01.20

Well painted. Only on my comp on the biggest map with the most complex bots began to slow down. The computer is not the weakest World of Tanks at top speed flying

K
Kralizets 19.01.20

well, in the Suprema and units more than in the same tanks. Of course, it will slow down. Honestly, I don't know what you have this game, so that it does not lag at maximum speed on the biggest map. Still the artists well done - great drawing)

P
Pendal3000 19.01.20

I have also faced this problem and did (2.It is necessary to expand the amount of memory reserved for use by a specific game to patch the game with a special program. This is done using the application Large Address Aware) but it did not help, and make the first paragraph I did not succeed. That's what I did (I downloaded clicked Patch it says to me cannot find the file. Find manually? The whole game, I dug each folder but never found what and how propacet.
PS I Have an i7, 16GB and great operatives vidyuhi
Please help, I really like the game. Thanks in advance!

F
Fox_HC 19.01.20

ha! I also slows down, but you can do otherwise..when you zoom out from the map, and the lag stops. anyway, combat units have their own icons..but zoom still have...but it's +-20% solves the problem. the most simple and not demanding special efforts method. however, this is not what you need..rather a small thing...but, I hope, will be useful once again.

i
imker 19.01.20

Pendal3000
Try as administrator to run the patch while the app is in the bin folder of the root directory of the game, and the experiments should be carried out on the SC - Forged Alliance and the SC.

P
Pendal3000 19.01.20

imker
I tried as administrator did not work. Patch like finds that pachit and I tried on the SC - Forged Alliance from the beginning.

i
imker 19.01.20

Pendal3000
Maybe he doesn't like the version of the game, install the latest patch on litsuhu. I checked on litsuhe from beeches, under Windows 7 64 bit. So on large maps it still rests on the 2.4 Giga operatives and did not want to take.

P
Pendal3000 19.01.20

imker
Thank you I'll try.

Z
ZORRO12 19.01.20

Yes, it seems FA slow on any computer (especially on maps 81 km 8 players). I tried to run it when I had a AMD x2 4600+, 4 gig of RAM, video card geforce 8800 gts 640 mb, then when I changed the platform on core 2 duo e8400 and radeon 5850, and then the percent was changed to intel q9650 (4 core). And even on it the game slows down on large maps. Today launched it (all settings max, card 81 km, 8-player, 2000 units) in the system is core i5 4670k, 16 gb RAM, Geforce 970 msi gaming 4g. You'll laugh, but after 30 minutes of play I can see 5-10 fps)))). And it's on the game, which is on the license disk is written system requirements Pentium 4 1800, 512 mb ram, geforce 6200/radeon 9600!!!!

M
Morrigi 19.01.20

ZORRO12
And all because the creators are inept creatures that are even in part 2 is not fixed!

T
Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix 19.01.20

I certainly understand that perhaps a little late, but I know that the game is now very even play.
I tried the method of increasing the allocated memory to the game via the LAA. The configuration is the following:
AMD FX 8320
Radeon R9 285
8 gb RAM
It would seem that this config will be enough for ten Windows of this game! However, on large maps and team fights began, those friezes and brakes. Play has become impossible, and the countdown was until the murder of the first adaptive AI. xd
Increasing the memory space the game began to go much more smoothly. The 40x40 km map with 7 AI adaptive. The game lasted about 30-40 minutes with a bunch of thousands of units. Was observed only a slight drawdown of the speed of the gameplay. Play was much more comfortable.

M
Max_Rock 19.01.20

FX-9590, 2x8Gb 2400Mhz DDR3, GTX970, RAID 0 game, game time 1:14, large map, 7 AI, the game subsided, I will try to patch, because the single is not critical, but want the grid to play

s
sivanski 19.01.20

Now put the 1st part, not forged alliance. Map 20 for 4 players were not working for 6 game hours. The computer is not new. It may be like to rogue that the addition is not inhibited...? Who knows maybe dig deeper?

F
FriendAid 19.01.20

Links do not robyat!

M
Matvey Radostev 19.01.20

And pirates not working or something?

S
SFX-MP3 19.01.20

I should add that in all known RTS in the single there is a problem with hordes of support units (servers this is almost there). In Age of Empires II HD frieze with 25 units in Tiberium Wars - 20 planetario in yonke begin to slow down or 50 attacking infantry flamethrowers. 1000 units Wasp crash. Red Alert 3 - spawnin 350 units, select all and put in one APC, and hang on tightly. In Supreme Commander, I began to freesite already 50 units in the tutorial. In HoMMV even started to freesite with coverage camera object heap. Grey Goo is a hell, there is 32 GB of RAM will not help because of the engine. Empire Earth - friezes, Age of Empires 3 - 100 units in Freesat, Cossacks (BtoW) - 10000 units and departure.

In short... If in the sequel is a disaster in dozens of broken quests, the RTS genre is falling under its own weight. In many RTS and no limits - spawn until krasnitsa. Only the strategy from Blizzard Entertainment and the game Rise of Legends fly under ceiling units.

H
Hassasin 25.05.22

Tellery Spyro-Cynder Mix
How did you do it? Can you explain in detail

i
imker 25.05.22

Update:
Solving the problem with game brakes
Description of the problem
When playing on large maps with a bunch of bots (or live players), the game starts to slow down - airplanes fly slowly, jerkily, bullets too, the game clock counts time as if you are playing in slo-mo mode. At the same time, nothing at all depends on the vidyahi, even on high, even on low.

Causes of the problem:
1. The default game uses predominantly one processor core. Although technically it is multi-core and can use all cores. But the general simulation of the world will always run on one core, this is the weakest side of the game, which can fundamentally be fixed only by a 5 GHz processor
2. The game is a 32-bit application, as a result, it simply cannot use more than 2 GB of memory by default, even if you have a 64-bit system and 16+ gigs of RAM.

How to solve (at least partially) these problems:
1. You need to force the game to use all processor cores equally.
This is done by the Core Maximizer utility specially written for this game:
Here is the link:
http://www.dragonborn.se/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/CoreMaximizer1.03-1.zip
The utility just starts and hangs in the tray. In the settings, select the process cores that the game can use (select all) and select the type of game (first supreme or FA).
You can check out the difference yourself in the task manager while hacking for 1000+ units. The difference is significant. But for FAF it is not relevant, there the FAF client itself performs this function.

2. It is necessary to expand the amount of RAM reserved for use by a specific game - patch the game with a special program. This is done using the Large Address Aware application.
Here is the link:
https://www.moddb.com/downloads/large-address-aware1
Just download the utility and patch the game executable.

After that, the game starts to effectively eat up 2.5 gigabytes of RAM.
By the way, the LAA utility also works on other similar 32-bit games and is very useful for similar problems in them.

Note: If you play through FAF (create a match in FAF), then this item is also implemented by itself, even without your dancing with a tambourine, since FAF downloads a separate game executable already patched with LAA and launches it when you start.
Also, the FAF executable consumes much less RAM.
Even the most meaty hacks of professionals in FAF replays with 2000+ units consume only 1.3 gigabytes of RAM, so it’s almost impossible to reach the 4GB RAM limit in this game, because with a corresponding increase in the number of units, let’s say up to 8000, even the most overclocked on liquid nitrogen the processor will freeze into a freeze frame long before the RAM limit is reached.

If you have 64-bit Windows, then you don't need to do anything else. You can play.

3. If you have an old 32-bit Windows. We bore Windows under 3 gigabyte processes. Algorithm for seven and xp is different:
3.1. For the seven: start - run, enter this garbage bcdedit / set IncreaseUserVA 3072 press enter, restart the computer.
3.2. For XP, you need to add this text to the end of the startup line in the boot.ini file /fastdetect switch: /3GB , restart the computer.

Note: The game is very demanding on CPU GHz. No dancing with a tambourine in this game will replace a high-gigahertz processor. At the same time, the amount of RAM in Gigabytes does not play a role, since the game will still not gobble up more than two and a half gigabytes of memory.
To maximize performance, you need to use the most powerful overclocked processor possible. Ideally i9 processor with 4+ gigahertz. The dependence is linear. Every 10 percent increase in CPU clock speed results in a 10 percent increase in game performance. The number of cores does not matter. The reason is that one core is used to simulate the world and it is the weakest link in the entire system.
A server processor with a bunch of cores but a low clock speed will lose out to an overclocked 4GHz dual-core processor.

You can predict how this or that processor will behave in the game and how much it will speed up the game compared to your current processor using the single-core performance table:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Moreover, this problem is relevant even for the multi-core Planetary Annihilation - there is also a single-core simulation of the world, which results in the same problems. 2-3 thousand units on the planet and the planet hangs. The developers on the forums wrote that this problem has no solution in principle, since it is impossible to build a single connected world on parallel cores, anyway, one of them will have to steer the entire simulation, which means it will be a weak link in a system with a bunch of units.
Thus, the above problems are not a consequence of the curvature of the developers, but a consequence of the fundamental limitations of the logic of multi-core programming.
So suprymych in conjunction with the FAF will most likely remain the pinnacle of performance that will never be overcome.

How to really solve the problem with the brakes in SC? (summarizing all of the above):
1. Buy a computer based on the top processor from this list:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
2. Play on the purchased computer under the face on FAF.