3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Artem Kim 20.01.20 02:32 am

What to do? The problem with the launcher (The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim)

Just run the Launcher from emboss Error reading id.
Error reading id. Please either write it to steam_appid.txt or use the launcher! Error reading id. Please either write it to steam_appid.t
11 Comments
Sort by:
L
LOIDD 20.01.20

Delete the game

v
vitovt-d 20.01.20

Someone helped is:
all you need in the game folder create a plain text document steam_appid (txt format) and it will work,Oh yeah in the file (steam_appid.txt) it is better to register 750.

W
Wild Rider 20.01.20

Artem Kim
First, it is too cumbersome a name for the theme.
Second, there is a subforum Technical issues

V
Vikki_vik 20.01.20

Artem Kim
In this case, you can take the advice of vitovt-d, if not, then delete the files Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini or download another launcher, or at least download another Repack (in earlier versions of 1.8 met a glitch with the launcher from the file steam_api.dll), or try to run manually through TESV.exe.
Wild Rider
If there was a mistake in the subject or title, then the moderators themselves would suffer in the right section or delete the topic.

p/s don't quite understand the purpose of the launcher due to its very limited functionality using NMM, you can configure a lot more settings and see the order of distribution of the mods. And some game options so generally easier to edit by hand. The one good thing about the launcher is only when you reinstall the system, click once on Set, so he prescribed the path for the game in the registry.

W
Wild Rider 20.01.20

Vikki_vik
I am the moderator of this forum, he fixed topic title and moved it to the appropriate section.
The theme of the author I once endured, removed duplicated comment I just wrote.

V
Vikki_vik 20.01.20

Wild Rider
Yes, I admit, I was wrong, I apologize. Just here who writes in a similar way is not enough.

p/s I thought that letter to the PM come from the moderators and admins...

W
Wild Rider 20.01.20

Vikki_vik
I thought that the letters come in a PM from the moderators and admins...
In BOS or not, I decide myself. Besides, it will be useful to my message I saw not only the author of the theme created.

C
Chernyy mops chernogo mor 20.01.20

Error reading id. Please either write it to steam_appid.txt or use the launcher steam_appid.txt I wrote 750 did not help Paz

a
arah 20.01.20

Maybe you just have to find, download and reinstall the game file in this case steam_api.dll or as mentioned above to get another Repack

V
Valentina1983 20.01.20

Artem Kim
Helped me this advice: Most problems solved with registry cleaning and a complete reinstall of the game.
To clean up the registry, open the file FAQ\ValveCleaner.reg.

z
zhenya2602 29.01.21

Artem Kim
and me