3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dmitriy Kropinov 20.01.20 03:28 am

A scratch on the graphics card

Hello!
This problem, when cleaning the video card came off the screwdriver and scratched 1-2 strips on the PCB near the outer fastening of the radiator. The GTX 770. Stopped showing the picture on the monitor is it Possible to fix?
6 Comments
Sort by:
A
ALCAB 20.01.20

Dmitry Krajnov
I'm not an expert of course, but damaging the PCB you might damage the track. The restoration of the traces on the motherboard seen (thin and not an easy job), on the cards even XS.

M
MagicHero 20.01.20

Dmitry Krajnov
If not demolished any small items that you can fix. You need to gently clean the top layer where the scratch is and then you'll see the track. Then take a thin, very thin wire, you can take one barbel of any wire and solder on both sides. If was damaged a few tracks that do so with each. Then the place where they filmed the top layer of poured paint and vidyuhi like new.
But we must remember that layers in the PCB of a few (like a sandwich) but to damage the next layer had a very badly scratched.

D
Dmitriy Kropinov 20.01.20

Scratch is weak, but long, along the track, I don't think without special tool he will be able to solder the track, especially several of them around. Maybe someone knows the exact price of such repairs. Thank you for your answer.

G
GG4 20.01.20

Dmitry Krajnov
Why do you do it with a screwdriver cleaned? The graphics card in any case need to be changed in 2014, it is outdated in every sense.

a
airstorm 20.01.20

Dmitry Krajnov
No need to panic (yet). Sfotka and laid out, preferably in good quality. Can help advice

b
bloomm 20.01.20

Should have been in the washing machine to clean, 30 degrees, delicate wash, no spin.