3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
YouShallFollow 21.01.20 02:41 am

Overclocking the ASUS R9 280.

So is the above card with cooling DirectCUII TOP. It's not the temperature or the noise, everything is fine. The question is:
Looked at the reviews on their basis immediately drove chip from 980 to 1150 and the memory to 1300 (5200) 1450 (5800). The result: is stable and the framerate of the wild. The voltage is not raised. Went on. Acceleration to 1175 gave is not critical, but noticeable artifacts in the Witcher 2. Slowed down back to 1150, chip not touch. Empirically, caught up the memory to 1575 (6300), is the maximum possible value without removing the limit. Remove the limit did not become a more expensive. Artifacts there, but compared to the variation 1150/1450 variation 1150/1575 not only faster, but quite the contrary.
BF4 on ultra, resolution dimensions when 1150/1450 brought up at the training ground 90-95, critically did not fall, and sometimes accelerated almost to 100 and then 110. On 1150/1575 Charter to issue 80-87. I can't tell you exactly, down to the units, but nine of the dozen began to appear a lot less than eight. In Witcher 2 I can't say plummeted in the city, but in Bendyuha somehow plummets to 44 to 50 (later reduced to standard frequencies, but the fps continued to sink in the place, although I do not suffer). The most interesting thing in the forest near the bridge, where previously observed sagging (in fact, a small, one time on second down to 40, basically went down to 50) is now falling and is up to 30. 30, 36, 40 and so on. That is, in a particular forest area, the fps drops very specifically. And this is the account that basically gives 60-80 and 90-120. In short, what I'm getting at: how it to understand? Overclocking? After all, under moderate acceleration the fps was higher. Maybe raise the voltage? But by how much? A little on the Internet related 280, because I don't where to get information about the required voltage level.
22 Comments
Sort by:
D
DartMaul 21.01.20

At higher frequencies the memory of having read errors after which you want to perform the operation again, hence the slow performance.
As for spikes in games, it is not associated with overclocking some, and most likely nothing to do with videhoe.

Y
YouShallFollow 21.01.20

DartMaul
So you still advise to return the memory to 1450? Sagging in the Witcher 2, as I understand you, spontaneous, but the performance of BF4 fell for a reason, and it is better to return as it was before?

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

I usually use FSE for performance test video. Synthetic for this is good and FSE in very low error. If the test with lower memory frequency the result of the above - it means actual performance is also higher.

Y
YouShallFollow 21.01.20

DartMaul
What is FSE? Not found in Google.

Y
YouShallFollow 21.01.20

In General, in vain were my concerns: ran in Unigine Valley 2 times in 1450 and the same in 1575. Frame rate I do not remember, but the points are as follows: 1450 - 1886/1885, 1575 - 1910/1909 for the first/second run, respectively. Why both the second run came out a little less on points, I don't know. In the case of the 1450 in the second run there was a decrease in both minimum and maximum fps values, in the case 1575 is only slightly decreased minimal: from 23.6 to 23.4, that is all in error. The tests are pretty accurate (I think), but in bf4, the framerate is not always 90. A feeling that only on one run he showed such high values, but now, no matter how you try, an average of about 70-85 shots, sometimes sags to 65. And yet I'm still unclear as to the phenomenon of subsidence in the Witcher 2: my old 560 Ti 448 noticeable sagging I saw only fire when it is really a lot. Maybe I did not see these just flashes in the forest and Bendyuha. Maybe they really were not - God knows.

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

3DMark Fire Strike Extreme (you can just Fire Strike)
Valley garbage. It would be possible to drive Heaven but there is a strong variation.

C
CryteK 21.01.20

people explain what for benci drive? 1100 on the core put and no need to worry.

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

Hi all! Been looking for a forum on 280th and not 280х minutes. So, do overlookinga long time, but with this map hit a dead end, not quite that, but there are issues. In short began to move. In one review (which is dug in the vastness of the Internet, and which now, for some reason, have not) found overclocking the core clock and memory for different editions 280-th model. Of them indicated that the frequencies of different manufacturers differ 280 (which is understandable), but their value, in my opinion, were very good, ie for my Asus r9 280 has been specified frequency core-1200, memory 1750 (7000). That's the question, anyone have any stable frequency and a recipe for overclocking? I have at the moment is the core frequency 1200 when strained e 1.263 v and 1600 at strained e v 1.6. The crackdown was carried out first gpu-tweak, then switched to MSI afterburner (there is better management implemented by the coolers of the graphics card. Before that was 1200/1750, but often flew blue vertical stripes, from which only a reboot helped. Now, when the memory frequency to 1600 from time to time there is a spontaneous reboot, the core temperature does not rise above 75 degrees. Tell us your thoughts on this. PS. from the overclocking I need: the maximum stable frequency for maximum fps in

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

And yet, that for such cooling direkt zu 2 top? Mine says just direkt zu 2. http://www.ulmart.ru/goods/751782 it's the same as you have in the discussion or not? Could the reason for the above to be the presence of the mother only pci-e 2.0 instead of the required vidyahoy pci-e 3.0?

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

GASikGordyi
So, do overlookinga long
Profile on the boat show.

I once had a pair of 7970 (now analog 280Х) (in сущн6ости this is the same chip the same)
I did 1380/1960 to drive hwbot.org/submission/2359081 but the 24/7 was like 1250/1800 (on both maps).

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

Profile later will fill, writing to the phone, not convenient. About the same do not agree at 280 and 280х different kernels Tahiti and Tahiti xlt. Or do you mean that 280х suitable frequency of dispersal from the 7970 and the 280 will fit from 7950?

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

GASikGordyi
280 and 280х this is absolutely the same kernel, just 280 locked one of the threads Shader converters.
If you were engaged in acceleration would probably be remembered as the 6950 turned 6970 in normal reflashing of the BIOS. So it was with a 290-290х.

Frequency approach I can not, they are individual for each instance of the GPU.

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

DartMaul
First, I'm not looking for accolades for doing overlookinga and I'm not worried that my profile on the boat is not filled, I push the iron to increase its efficiency and save money.
Second, If you were engaged in acceleration for sure you would remember. Are you questioning the fact that I clocked a few of my previous graphics cards and processors? Flag in hand, as mentioned above, I was rating my experience anyone not interested at all.
Thirdly, 280 turns into 280х by a BIOS update, ignorance of this fact suggests that already overlockers your ability at zero.
Fourth, 280х the kernel is the same as 280 BUT like you said, it is curtailed, it is true, so this reduction makes it impossible to apply to the core Tahiti PRO frequency from Tahiti XTL. And if it were that simple, I here would not write anything, because talking about crackdown 280х lots of articles.
Summing up the above, please answer KNOWLEDGEABLE people ON the SUBJECT MATTER, but do not flood on the subject whose the biggest dick

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

No question. The way you know in your opinion, people will tell you how to apply to the core Tahiti PRO frequency from Tahiti XTL
There are enough such experts.

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

DartMaul
Even two 280-m, but from different manufacturers, most likely will not work the same frequency characteristics

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

GASikGordyi
I had 4 7970 and 7 290х cards, and all were the same manufacturer. And they are not fit of the same frequency.
You probably do not understand where all does the optimal frequency for the chip, and that it is specific to each instance, regardless of revision cards, vendor, etc.

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

DartMaul
You know how to read? I also wrote to you, in other words, each card is unique, but there is at least the order, if I may say so, of frequencies on which to rely. So I ask someone what frequencies and at what voltage work 280е. I don't need an educational program for overclocking and the theory of probability, I need data, statistics, not moralizing

D
DartMaul 21.01.20

GASikGordyi
http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/radeon_r9_280/

G
GASikGordyi 21.01.20

Спасибоhttp://www.overclockers.ru/lab/64692_2/vybiraem-videokartu-amd-radeon-r9-280-r9-280x-obzor-14-modelej.html for the link, helped, for the moment mastered 1200/1700 plan core still podrakonit. Here's a quick comparative review

s
serega1984.rus 21.01.20

GASikGordyi
Hi!I have the same card.T.h. question: what frequency and voltage you have managed to achieve for everyday use in games and heavy apps and what app is best to overclock?