3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
h
hyper1 21.01.20 08:14 pm

On the HDD

I don't know any sites specializing in problems with switches, as I write this here, maybe find experts on my question. 3 months ago bought screw wd caviar blue (WD10EZEX) 1gb. In the early days this started the computer, I didn't realize this, thought, well, it happens, especially on crystaldiskinfo screw like as without error. After 2 weeks, reinstalled Windows, freezes stopped, but the volume icon on the taskbar when you turn on the computer did not appear, and only after some time, began to fail, GTA 5. A week ago, reinstalled Windows, lags in GTA is gone, but again hangs the computer is only loading screw anything resource-intensive, and even just scansorial on the Internet to hang can. On the old screw, nothing Vistula on this gland. Yesterday I downloaded the forza 4 demo horizon, during the quick drive time not been uploaded yet map and going through min 3 hang PC. Today, I checked the screw program HDDscan and this is what came out:

Judging by the info that I could find in the net, screw the problem with such indicators. Would have went to the store and give to the service center, but I can't stay without a computer, they will check it a week at least, and the old screw IDE via an adapter and the nurse could not see him.
17 Comments
Sort by:
B
BezNika1 21.01.20

hyper1

1) Verify driver in device Manager. The IDE controllers. Maybe some should not be, or Vice versa
2) Check in the BIOS the AHCI mode. Needs to be IDE because AHCI is more suitable for SSD
3) Can some of the pressure off the HDD with Windows 10 feature: disabling quick launch
https://remontka.pro/fast-startup-windows-10/

And. If not satisfied with the goods well, bring it back and ask for a replacement or refund.

Other HDD can you recommend a Seagate 7200 BarraCuda [ST1000DM010]
Less modern on the inside one pancake on 1TB. And your like 2 at 512Gb.

I
Igor Ostapenko 21.01.20

BezNika1
AHCI is also useful for HDD, because it allows to carry out: built-in sequence of commands (NCQ) and hot swap. NCQ allows better performance (less load on the components of the screw) hard drive or SSD when repeatedly accessed in a short time. It is best to include in the BIOS to AHCI before installing Windows, otherwise you need to manually through the Windows registry'to show that we need only AHCI (I get to do that, but only once, the second time back from IDE to AHCI switch did not work on the same 10-second Windows).

A person with a problematic screw can advise to replace all the wires going to the screw and verify it is not outdated if he had the version of the BIOS on the Mat.the Board (possibly after upgrading from of.the website will work better). It is also worth listening to the sound of the hard drive when working. If it emits a loud (sharp, nasty) sound or silent when he should be working (while hovering) - it is also a signal that it does not work (can enter at this time on a bad sector or just poorly connected)

B
BezNika1 21.01.20

4) If the old HDD it worked fine. Check to stick the old SATA wire or Vice versa throw it away.

Igor Ostapenko wrote:
AHCI is also useful for HDD
But how to define a simple user?
I have for example after the release of heavy gaming 1 min unloads the data ( the hdd indicator is on 1 min )
Don't know, always used IDE mode (old BIOS). and now the same IDE

In General, all that was advised above.

I
Igor Ostapenko 21.01.20

BezNika1
I've used AHCI IDE on old hardware and started the next problem with the hard drive (become slower to read and write a large number of small files) - tried AHCI on a reinstalled Windows and was surprised to see that the screw worked faster almost everywhere. Except where it was necessary to read a large file without switching between files at the same time (watching a movie, music, game - provided if they are defragmented).
Recipe of the long life of any HDD from me: disable care in sleep (essentially extra frequent Parking of the heads) in the settings of the power modes in Windows + AHCI + to remove a swap file (RAM should be at least 8Gb if given games) + disable Windows update and if you do not do dangerous actions to disable defender-antivirus Windows, for example, a PC media center (when you install a pirated Windows, you can select these options) + once a month or two depending on frequency of writing large amounts of new files to manually Defrag files (automatic from Windows, you need to disable) algorithm, which shows not take into account the size of the chunks of the file more than hard disk per second read (if the read speed 100 megabytes per second, then skip fragments greater than 100 Mbytes) - read speed you can define in Explorer when copying any large file and defragmentation algorithm is configured, for example, the program Auslogics Disc Defrag Professional.
The health of the hard drive I estimate on indicators of time, speed reading write speed and average response time in task Manager during any prolonged activity when copying large amounts of small files from a fast device or when installing games with double unpacking (when installing to disk with the same drive unpacked to the same drive). Time should be 100% only if the maximum speed reading or write speed - if writing or reading is too low or close to zero at 100% for even more than 3-5 seconds, then it is an alarming sign. Also the average response time should not exceed more than 3000 a long time (for example, if you have a minute, the figure jumps above 3000 and the speed of writing or reading drops significantly - also an alarming signal). Alarming signal - it means the screw should not be used for Windows (for Windows is now mandatory SSD because 64-250Gb with the technology of 3D-Nand are not that expensive), and should not be used for cyber games or other super-dynamic games, where a single micro-freeze can be the cause of death or accident.
I wrote above: to better enable AHCI before installing Windows, otherwise you need to manually through the Windows registry'to show that we need only AHCI - that is, pens can be the registry to enter (there are guides in the Internet, if in a personal write, and help find).
When these alarm bells are accompanied by slow operation of the drive means is to start a radical service: the new disk (which from one year to three years) may be sufficient to format (formatting, you have to uncheck the Quick format in Windows Explorer), but for five years or more old men is already to carry out in order: 1. Erase in program MHDD (hard drive in the BIOS to switch to IDE, and MHDD to run using MSDOS, for example, via a USB flash drive with WinPE Sergei Strelec 10-8). 2. Erase Delays (to monitor all indicators of errors). 3. If errors were detected (bad sectors or otherwise) is to re-scan the bad region (the coordinates you will be known) with the Remap. If you are performing this procedure, errors will be found in new areas where they did not have before the procedure to stop.
No matter how bad was the drive with bad sectors or delays above 500 milisecond - there are two ways to avoid them: 1. If you can not read certain data in Windows (music, movies, etc) - mark the files which you cannot read (rename the folder or simply mark anywhere) and refer to them not ever (disk do not format, because it is not going to help, and you will find yourself in the same situation with the inability to read the new files if they fall into the same area for writing). 2. If the bad region at the end of the drive (the bad sector and error) - they can be cut only at the end with the NRA (in the program MHDD) or to create a partition with Acronis Disc Director and can't format it.

B
BezNika1 21.01.20

Igor Ostapenko wrote:
to manually defragment files
I have one master about 15 years ago said that frequent defragmentation even more spoils the drive.
And since I don't use it at all.

About AHCI I read SPS , especially if it is suitable for (old BIOS blue )

About the paging file does not , only Windows disable 10: disable fast startup.
or as it's call names. liberalizacija. ( this is only for Win10 for Win7, not what is not necessary)

Now here are two OS on one HDD. When you need some Forza 4 turn on Win10, so basically seven.

M
MunchkiN 616 21.01.20

you should look for programs that are looking for bad clusters of a disk and can optionally block these sites
and finally as I was once faced with a similar problem on a laptop where the speed of reading was dropping quite low
the logic is that the slow movement is a sign of a dying disk, I changed it but voschem problem is fuckin weak Pitch was
you can try is to put a Large pagefile of gigalow so 20-30 in the presence of pitch good stock RAM to 8+GB
so in that situation, I BYU naverno drive passed the warranty and instead bought a different drive so no sitting around Igor for not too expensive
and in the service center I suspect that all defects are sysout.

I
Igor Ostapenko 21.01.20

BezNika1
The older and slower hard disk - the more sense to defragment heavily fragmented files - it will make his and your life easier (a little, but it increases the speed and reduces the additional burden for long-time reading highly fragmented files, especially if it is a Windows box or a permanently installed play or downloads torrents). Full defragmentation of the entire drive once a week or month (that is often) may not be necessary if the Defragmenter is not set to defragment rarely readable files (e.g., movies or large files, fragmentation which is quite small - for example, 400 MB with 2 fragments), and often detrimental to use the function optimize - to move large files to the end, and the system small in the beginning, as well as excessive Windows automatically during idle time chasing the screw back and forth a Defragmenter or antivirus. What I wrote defragmentation performed once in a month or two of probation (I have for example, on a single hard disk files generally don't change (vault music) - a General defragment is not necessary if everything is defragmented at least once or initially without severe fragmentation). For new hard disks (which do not have a large number of long delays), especially if they don't have a Windows - every six months or every three months. If after installing the game to analyze disk Defragmenter and detect that there is a large fragmentation, for example, a lot of small files less than 50 MB each for 100 or more pieces and while this game loads slowly, slows down while the system needs to pull it - in this case, the desired point is exactly defragment the game folder (many defragmenters allow you to do it).
I also added a little to my previous comments with paragraph no matter How bad was the drive...

h
hyper1 21.01.20

BezNika1
10 wind machine puts all Drava ide and other. In the BIOS put ahci and ide and still doesn't see old ide the screw even in the BIOS. Fast startup turned off, will see how it will work, then I will unsubscribe. The motherboard I have has no ide connector, try using the adapter ide sata.

R
Rolemanser 21.01.20

BezNika1
I have one master about 15 years ago said that frequent defragmentation even more spoils the drive.
And since I don't use it at all.
If you have cheap hard, Ala Fujitsu or is there a cheap WD then it may very well be for everyone else, if you have a game with a bunch of files, it is advisable to do this you not only speed up loading of 5-15%, but and screw your will to live longer, as the head will be less jumping from one point to another in a strong fragmentation. It only screws the SSD does not need defragmentation.

h
hyper1 21.01.20

Igor Ostapenko
The screw is powered by a power supply unit, and the unit new, sata cable is also new, tried another did not help. The latest BIOS for the mother is 1.60 (asrock 970mpro3). When he was very new, not a sound was not issued even at max load, but recently started to crackle, I hear if you remove the headphones. Periodically makes a strange sound like crackling. During hovering it.

I
Igor Ostapenko 21.01.20

hyper1
Don't jump to action. Exhale. You probably have a friend with a PC. Come to it, plug your screw and check as the perform the same tasks that you did at home. Then you can conclude - you either have periphery (screw) is buggy or PC is not properly configured or malfunction. I suspect that it's not a screw you have a bad video card or something with the motherboard (when he died on one of my laptops South bridge (Mat.fee) - denied a few keys on the keyboard, to the same South bridge and the hard drives and the rest of the periphery is responsible). Blue screens of death is not it? If the blue screens were something else in RAM the problems can be (although blue screens can be from many reasons, including incorrectly installed drivers or a misconfigured BIOS that can be treated with a factory reset).

h
hyper1 21.01.20

Igor Ostapenko
I foolishly recently burned motherboard (stuck 4пин wire from the power supply into the connector on the mother 3пин and spark, the computer went out, I wanted the hull to make a fan with adjustable speed). Duck here, while waiting for a new mother, she's asrock 970m pro3, connected a new power supply, new this screw buggy and none to Batina motherboard with percent and memory.Day 3 I was waiting for the motherboard and each day was hovering sometimes 2 times a day, and I just climbed on an Internet, the game did not run. Can BP something, although the 5v line no drawdowns, but on 12v to 11.483 squander.

h
hyper1 21.01.20

by the way I forgot to write, today, before checking program hddscan, put to the test through a program hdd tune pro after 30 minutes check the computer crashed and rebooted

I
Igor Ostapenko 21.01.20

hyper1
put to the test through a program hdd tune pro after 30 minutes check the computer crashed and rebooted in a simple 30-60 minute Windows keeps without hovering, then it is most likely the problem is in the HDD controller (the chip). Take it to master - can you check and tell what is what.

h
hyper1 21.01.20

Igor Ostapenko
will check tomorrow what will be simple. The service will take, but we need the old screw to connect

I
Igor Ostapenko 21.01.20

hyper1
BP, too, if you take the master maybe it is a problem

h
hyper1 21.01.20

Igor Ostapenko
MDE, come home today, turn on the computer, and he's not responding. put the old PSU and voila earned. apparently the problem with the PSU. I'm very impressed screw the MB with it all Gud