3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frost96rus 19.09.19 08:12 am

Impressions of the game (The Forest)

Today is the release of early access. Who've played to leave your impressions. Is it really worth the purchase?
158 Comments
Sort by:
R
RoyOBener 19.09.19

Generally 30 fps on my comp, on average produces,often up to 24 lags on maximum settings though but so far not impressed ....Fell plane on which I flew,I went cut down a tree,the moment he was cut down and not felled were attacked by Indians on me,beat me and I woke up in the cave,in General, is all))

P
Pomu4 19.09.19

The tree must be cut in a circle) Well, for this engine it is a good game.
Well, let's say at first glance it looks great, tomorrow I'm going to find out more.

I
Ivan Dro 19.09.19

Played a little here screenshots what I did, the settings mean, but even on medium the graphics are nice. Open, right-click the image in a new tab.
Spoiler

then another throw, about the game, the atmosphere is.

T
TheTeemoLife 19.09.19

I played and played =D Suddenly got these fucking mutants, I think where to go =D!! Ran in the water and what we see, Yes they have divers =D

I
Ivan Dro 19.09.19

When the game loads, Yes. Trees well jump aborigines, it is possible to throw stones and tennis balls, as well the body parts of slain enemies can defend, found on the map snowy cliffs.

D
DocVatson 19.09.19

Really interesting game turned out to be! To build quite comfortable, the only thing not apparently traps to fix... I Tried to catch a fish, monitor lizards (or large lizards) to roast over the fire. With mobs that something is not quite clear yet. They have two days did not come even close to the camp, and then in the middle of the day came the whole flock, I almost bricks are not laid in surprise - turns, and they jump! Would rather have patches to fix bugs, and so the idea is very good and, in some moments, really difficult. Graphics slippery bit. Sometimes very nice and sometimes you want the eyes to tear, but one thing is for sure - it is their money worth!
PS: Well, save do not work yet...((

T
The_Igromator 19.09.19

DocVatson
saves do not now or this is a bug? It's really sad, but I expected that. Overall, I'm glad that in my first game cost 10 bucks instead of 15... just enough for a beer))
Secondly the game is in early alpha and this is just a review of an overview of the mechanics of the game... liked the Game, ideas are interesting, the animation is beautiful, and in General the game has a great potential for the future. Happy to support basarabov penny - i.e. bought the game) can't Wait for updates and innovations)

A
AnarantFalcon 19.09.19

Do not do not understand it,the natives worked and hyperactive,they won't,caves do not even got killed in short wait until everything is fine will finish and it will be clear

D
DocVatson 19.09.19

Tried again. Like it became a little easier, but... to Fight through the glitch. When you crawl into your tent (the one which is proposed to be build at the beginning) they can't get virtually, but they can be beat.
There are also disadvantages:
-They are hardy... a lot. VERY tenacious!
Sooner or later they will somehow find a way for you to finish.
-Move left\right - death.
-Save... still it was a shame when almost finished building a large house and then.. Oh! :D
The trees... the Trees, you are not right. No need to fly across the area! It's not balloons, and logs should be!
Still... All the bushes, all flowers, insects and just EVERYTHING in this game looks like a human silhouette, that makes you to put a brick or two.
As a result:
-Graphics... well, miss.
-Gameplay - nice. Really nice. Keeps in suspense, but not scary sharp movements. One of the few games recently where the atmosphere of fear is created on, say, the psychological, not shouting and mugs.
-The balance - curve. The cost of building the same house in the book provided absolutely not what it really is. Trees fly, a warehouse for the timber work except as, and mutants come out both day and night, and back... And promised a quiet day and a pleasant walk in the woods. @_@
-Equipment - everything is buggy. The engine seems good, but work sooo much. Propazine through texture, uneven loading of the surrounding world, double inventory (items). Waiting for the next version, and believe that the product slowly cooked will be that it will be very nice to play!

T
Tom[Cat] 19.09.19

Don't understand what problems you have with the cannibals?

They lie with a few strokes, then just need to finish them. But if you are rushing a bunch of mutants, you can use a bomb (to me the effect of the explosion very much!!), you can still take advantage of the bug, the infinite rocket launcher, one shot one kill.

F
FX-Baikal 19.09.19

I to finished the old commercials floors, very raw

J
JokerNur 19.09.19

no game is quite interesting , if they are competent and will do all bugs will be removed and will add more crafting then maybe that will come with it.

N
NesHKa7 19.09.19

Nuuuu the game is very interesting, though a lot of bugs, but it just yet(TC alpha), wait a little bit more and everything will be less regulations.
Pros
1)very beautiful and rich nature - the world
2)interesting crafting
3)the plot as it is, but as if present, have to guess very funny
4)it is not a bad game. note that this is alpha(very nice drawing)
Cons
1)A LOT OF BUGS
2)there is no more normal optimization
but for now, you can close your eyes on bugs,and enjoy what you have
the game deserves such a rating(my opinion)
ALPHA 0.01
Graphics 8/10
Optimization 6/10
The plot(mystery) 10/10

I
ILYA423 19.09.19

Someone said that the natives only by the night attack, but it was hell there. He had only to light a fire in broad daylight , then ran three gomodrila on him , ran around him , I knocked )))

N
NTrojan 19.09.19

There is one strange thing - we so fly the plane, and there is not a single person except for GG and his son, look to your left forward you will see nothing, that kind of plane is this? And the crash was strange, the plane crashed so quickly and dramatically for no reason at all as if its in the air someone into two pieces cut (aboriginal dragon cannibal yeah) and if the first is certainly correct to the exit and add passengers-neighbours in misfortune in the plane, the crash probably so, and leave - no lightning or bad weather, or loss of control, just sharply into two parts

I
Ivan Dro 19.09.19

The game isn't half done, it was better to draw all passengers, but not to do what is really important in the gameplay?, for example, fishing... think about the number of games 0.0001, a couple of months will add people to the plane, to optimize more or less the game, and it will be only beta, perhaps even alpha, but more elaborate.

G
Guslinger 19.09.19

Overall,the game impressed.She has a great future.Let's start in order:
Graphics. Well,the graphics are of course not the same as in the trailer,but I like it!Sometimes even very nice,and sometimes the eyes rezhit...8/10
Optimization. :(((((
Gameplay.Good,even very much.The crafting system I like.The construction of the hut...But there are bugs with it... 8/10
Plot.And here he is there?The boy was kidnapped,we in the cave iiiiiiiiii....
Fisica can not estimate...Space you'll be trapped in stone,wood...
Koop.I think it will be all 10
The result:
6/10(normal for alpha evaluation)

R
RoyOBener 19.09.19

Bugs then a bunch of food to cook on the campfire which you got in the bag is new, not kill, the trees are not folded in-built place for firewood, axes are not thrown out,about the pistol, I generally keep quiet,(bezlimitka entire coast they had already showered())))....this enormous dwelling was rebuilt,all the Indians of the UNLIMITED rocket launcher has instrell,stuffed their dead bodies put duck, they even now inappropriate....sorry yato of shrank no pity to lose the base))))

P
PrinceWW 19.09.19

The game just super!
The first two attempts to survive did not end well. Every time I tried to build a house is a house, it's cool, closer to the night they came and not allowed to finish(( And so a few times until I found a beach with a yacht which was hiding, when they appeared. But there was a terrible bug... When you try to disable vertical sync the game scary point and began to give out 4 frames/s And then I got mad 3 attempts to build a house!!!! And not one has successfully been crowned!!!
Once the download went right to the beach made Molotov cocktails and appearing of the natives were burned. Then carefully shredded to pieces and using the bug (I take the same thing and she is cloned) on copied hands, feet, heads, built on the beach a few soul warming fires of the locals. After walked around the whole island, and somehow all met natives were dead and lying on the grass.
Out of boredom went into the cave with the infinite rocket launcher and a bunch of cocktails, found the descent to the lower level, I certainly had some idea of WHAT will be there, but honestly did not expect... Beating a big cave in a circle he heard a strange squishing sound, as played with a friend, telling him, Yes, there is nothing terrible will not be!. But when something showed up... I screamed as FEAR does not scare. Don't even know what in the end turned out to be terrible, surprise or lack of texture on the guys.
Perhaps when an update comes out to 0.02, fix the bugs with the infinite weapons to be truly frightening.

R
RoyOBener 19.09.19

the cabin is easy to find.....like the first time you get killed,exit the cave go back to the mountain then on the right and a booth where you take bezlimitku good rocket launcher with you God kill whom you can and quietly build a base,the only bad thing is that shrank yet))