3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
r
rambling 24.01.20 01:27 pm

That encode the virus-coders?

Can someone faced with a virus-coders, or has any info.

That's what interests me: they tend to encrypt files on the C: drive (the drive with Windows), or *all* of the drives available on the computer? Because to format the C: drive is not a problem for me. But on the other disks are the important things.
4 Comments
Sort by:
V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.01.20

rambling
The logic needs all drives. Probably documents, pictures, videos and music, but obviously not in the system folders.
Here is an example of the description - more archives forgot:
https://vms.drweb.ru/virus/?i=3799463
The Trojan encrypts all files on all drives of your computer except for the files in the Windows folder.

r
rambling 24.01.20

Thanks for the info. Sorry. But it is useful to know what face.

b
b1mbo 24.01.20

I remember that in one office of a similar virus in the past a computer user appeared on the network globe company (a network drive with folders of departments), because all users had full rights to write/edit the virus in the end ate all the docks and scans of documents (.doc .xls, .pdf, .jpg etc) in that situation especially got accounting. Contacted the author of the virus, he originally asked for nearly million in bitcoins with the link to the wallet in the end successfully bargained for 250K tearfully explaining saying we poor little Desk...
After all this, the office spent on backup server picked up the service Active Directory with strong rights for users.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 24.01.20

b1mbo
Main thing is that the domain admins are not sitting under their acedamy on office computers.