3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DenZoR47 24.01.20 01:28 pm

How to change the appearance of already playable characters? (Dragon Age: Origins)

As in Dragon Age to change the appearance of the hero which is already in the game?
And then put the hero healthy beard, thought it would be cool, but now look disgusting, especially when it comes to kisses :)
To start a new game do not want, as many covered, and the beard angry >:-][
88 Comments
Sort by:
D
DANN_Devil 24.01.20

Probably does..although he is already thinking about it,it is full of too tagliareni gnome I came up with-there is no such..:D

w
wedar 24.01.20

Taken from http://www.damods.com/
Here is the link to http://www.damods.com/forums/index.php?topic=728.0
Russian and myself wanna add something to make it really EASY! all you need is the Toolset and a little bit English, good luck!

This is surprisingly easy. Be forewarned if you're a klutz you can ruin your savegame however, so make a backup.

The differrence between using this method and using the whole morph thing is that it it won't screw up mods or shapeshifting shapeshifting in the Fade

AND

if you made a face in the chargen ingame you just love, or want to make your new char look like your old char, this is the way to do it.

Trick is simple, and you need to know how to open your savegame.das file in the toolset.

Make your looks character in the in-game chargen. You can do what I do and name them Face for ease later if you like. Enter the game and save.

Close Dragon Age, open the toolset.

navigate to the savegame folder under bioware/characters for your Face character.

expand the tree SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR

expand subtree SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR_CHAR

Scroll to the end of the tree. Look right next to where you see the soundsets ( if you didnt mess with that while making that Face, it will be something like ss_pc_fhuman_wise. Wise being the key word).

You will see SAVEGAME_PLAYER_MORPH and it's a bunch of weird numbers. these are hexadecimal values for all the slider settings you actually stored in character generation, this is your Face.

SAVEGAME_PLAYER_MORPH Right click and choose Copy. Do not use copy paste for anything else until we're done for next step, so no funny pasting links to your friends on instant messenger.

Open the save you want to edit of your MAIN character. I usually open my Quicksave, because there is only going to be one of those, but often many autosaves and that's just confusing.

Expand SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR

Expand subtree SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR_CHAR

scroll down here ( you will have two savegame.das windows open here, be careful you are working in the one you JUST opened)

Find SAVEGAME_PLAYER_MORPH. right click it, choose Delete. the toolset will freeze up for a little, maybe 30 seconds. I do not know why it takes so long for it to delete data blocks, but don't panic.

When the toolset unfreezes scroll back up to SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR_CHAR

Right click

select Paste.

Scroll down to end of SAVEGAME_PLAYERCHAR_CHAR, see that SAVEGAME_PLAYER_MORPH is now at the end of that subtree's list. This is great. Save your file.

Open game and your character will now have the ingame head you created, and it will not screw up shapeshifting or anything, just like any normal head. Note that you can swap heads with this race but it does not work right, because the heads will float where they are supposed to be for that race, so no putting dwarven heads on human bodies to get the wicked cool beards, sorry.

This lets you put a female head on a male body as well if you're into that. It works alright, though it looks weird.

Back up your save before trying, if your copy delete paste ability is hampered by tragic loss of motor function it's still your fault.

Good luck, I'm a lot happier with how my characters look after this.

Honestly, somebody should write a quick and dirty face swapper application, since it's really this simple to do manually.

Taken from http://www.damods.com/
Here is the link to http://www.damods.com/forums/index.php?topic=728.0
Russian and myself wanna add something to make it really EASY! all you need is the Toolset and a little bit English, good luck!

o
outsoul 24.01.20

runscript zz_char_creation - Edit character

Z
Zazie 24.01.20

I also really need to change the appearance! Made a different, created God knows how long, but got the same face as desired. With one exception: you missed the brightness of make-up (sigh). When generating a character, the dim lighting, it seemed that it should be. And now I have to look at the character in full battle paint (((.
Tried to enter runscript zz_char_creation - zero reaction, although the console is running, check for other code.

Detailed instructions can not understand, do not know what the Toolset and where can I get...

S
SALATon 24.01.20

And as all this kansol output?does not work che!

D
Death-Core 24.01.20

Slaton,
Start the game with the parameter-enabledeveloperconsole. In the shortcut to start the game after add the quotes, e.g. C:\Games\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe -enabledeveloperconsole
Open the file keybindings.ini in the My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\. Find the line:

OpenConsole_0=Keyboard::Button_X

change X to any key, not zadeystvovany in the gameplay. Save the file. Now during the game you can use the selected key to display the console

D
Dimarik05 24.01.20

wedar, can the Russian to briefly describe what to do?

S
Skif-predok 24.01.20

In additions there are at UTB medic =)

r
rad17 24.01.20

SKIF-ancestor, where is this mod?

D
Dimarik05 24.01.20

Also interesting:) don't want to put sp3 one Toolkit, and without some wind to fly)

D
Dzhebe 24.01.20

In additions, this is not fashion. There is only mod to reset the parameters of the hero.

S
Skif-predok 24.01.20

No face I have seen

V
Verka Smerdyuchka 24.01.20

Tried to enter runscript zz_char_creation - zero reaction, although the console is running, check for other code.

Yes, I have the same thing. What to do? And download the Toolset can not - it weighs a lot :(

N
Niel 24.01.20

What is the toolset?
wedar, can translate into Russian for those who do not know English?)

N
Niel 24.01.20

By the way, another question, uploaded the extension and changed the initial choice of characters(appearance that is) and so they were terrible, and now even less acceptable character to create..so, is it possible to lose something like this? remove media not helped, they see the folder change occurred...
...and another question, can not understand how to expand the possibilities of characters in the editor? and so it is possible only to correct the appearance..but the new faces to create does not work..

W
White Markus 24.01.20

On the ag forum on the game page 46 with the screen, I do not remember the topic, the author mrTi for which he had immense gratitude, honor and respect, everything works, all the Persians have already changed, glitches are not present.
Download Winhex editor (archive 456 KB), it is possible Russified version 11.6 SR13, because it compromised on the subject of the transfer of information.
At first we do in the game a new Persian with the right person (of the same gender and race as the Persian. which we want that person to insert). Start the game, persist.
The editor being opened is 2 files - the first sokhranenko with a new face, the second old sohranena, in it we insert the face. Looking for (CTRL+F) in both files the text GFF V4.0PC MORPV0.1. When found, the cursor will be at the beginning of this text, it will be the beginning of the copied block. Go to the first file (where we copy data). Before the cursor is 4 bytes long block, the only recorded sudamapuri (i.e. 96 CF 00 00 is actually 00 00 be CF 96).
The cursor is at the beginning of a block, and the address of the cursor writes at the bottom of the program window (on the screenshot - Offset A1DEC) is the address of the beginning of the block. We need to know the address of the end block to set the block. To do this, run vindovsky calculator, go to scientific view (View menu), select the Hex system, and calculated the start address+big block (A1DEC+CF96), we obtain the address of the end of the block.
Go to menu Edit - Define Block...
In the box enter - in the top field start address of the block in the lower field address of the end of the block (the one calculated).
Click OK, we have allocated the needed block. Press CTRL+C, the block is copied to the clipboard.
Switch to the 2nd file. Also naadim the drain GFF V4.0PC MORPV0.1, look at the 4 bytes in front of her, if they are the same as in the 1st file, then everything is OK (my note: not necessarily the same, but all the same, the exterior changes).
Go to menu Edit - Clipbord Data - Write (or just press CRL+B). The program will issue a warning. agree, the data from the clipboard will be written to this file, over the old data. Save the file, check the save in the game.
All.
Editor can all only be allowed to do what you need, or search and download WinHex.

L
Ledy Draccon 24.01.20

All night without sleep, I spent... With the creatures of darkness (console) straase.
Stubborn was the enemy, and , suddenly, mouth wedarа-sage opened up and the Toolset in front of me shone!
Changed not only the form of the maiden in armor plate, but the dissonant name in a hurry at the birth of her..

V

Markus White
Holy shit! Thank you very much, and I really thought without the Toolset can not do :)

t
torikki 24.01.20

Markus White,and where to get 2 of these files need to be open?

V

torikki
Something like this:
My documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Characters\Hero\Saves\ then choose any folder with savegames savegame.das