3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Termibus 24.01.20 01:32 pm

Your computer freezes when writing to hard disk

About six months ago I bought myself a SSD. Naturally demolished the whole system, installed it on the SSD and the hard drive 1 TB decided to use to store things. However, a few days after reinstalling the HDD started acting weird. If you try to record on it started to hang, issue a write speed of 0 bytes\s and the computer just hung until a forced reboot. Then again, it was repeated. In this case, when reading the recorded files no problems(the game was run, the movie looked good, music was heard). Sinned on curve Assembly of Windows, and recently again, everything was demolished and installed it again using an absolutely clean build recommended by a friend. And again about a week everything was perfect, but again the same problem. Game from steam on the HDD not skachivaetsya, uTorrent stubbornly hangs after around 100 MB to the hard disk etc.
Decided to check out special programs like CrystalDisk, they gave me that all is well.
New hard disk to buy just do not want, although the present for 6 years. Tell me - can who faced.
15 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanchez Ramirez 24.01.20

Termibus wrote:
CrystalDisk, they gave me that all is well
SMART in the Studio.

T
Termibus 24.01.20

Sanchez Ramirez

S
Sanchez Ramirez 24.01.20

Yes, smart do the crime no no. There is a program called HD Tune. Download free version and run the benchmark. This, however, will test you on reading, but still... recording can also be done, but then the data on the disk will be erased.

T
Termibus 24.01.20

Sanchez Ramirez

S
Sanchez Ramirez 24.01.20

Reading is also in order. The idea is that if there were problems with the disc, it would affect the speed of reading. You can still see the tab Info.

T
Termibus 24.01.20

Sanchez Ramirez

A
Aktay 24.01.20

Termibus
You have a lot of smart CRC error. Perhaps when transferring data between the devices do not agree on the checksum, that's why the transmission is repeated and so in the cycle to hang. Change the sata cable and different port on the motherboard. Then run the same test surface of a disk Victoria/MHDD from dos to linear read mode, without reloca. Then check, whether the reduced parameter CRC beneath C7

s
saa0891 24.01.20

Aktay wrote:
Change the sata cable and different port on the motherboard.
The first thing that had to be done.

T
Termibus 24.01.20

Aktay
Cable new, six months to him. Also changing ports, nothing changes. And about tests I'll try - thank you.

A
Aktay 24.01.20

Termibus
The good manners, the rate of crc errors should be equal to 0, the maximum - no more than 10. These errors are related to bad cable, an unreliable contact in connector on motherboard and/or hard drive. Due to crc errors the possible passage of the railway in pio mode, which may be accompanied by problems you described (also suddenly Prots can be made up). Just take the cable to another, whether your new or not, but at the same time and sata port change. So, you will eliminate the most likely problem

T
Termibus 24.01.20

Aktay
About percent, Yes there is. Will try, thanks.

v
vftor 24.01.20

Termibus
At me too such was. Long looked for, and was due to the sata cable. Bought a new one.

T
Termibus 24.01.20

vftor
Aktay
saa0891

Thanks for the tips. Really helped just cable replacement, though the number of CRC errors is not lost. Well, while we live)

A
Aktay 24.01.20

Termibus
not for that. should decrease with time. but most importantly, it's all OK now. good luck

o
olegan68 03.04.22

Change SATA cable. I suffered for four hours until I changed it to a new one. It worked