3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kamred 26.01.20 01:59 pm

The deterioration of memorability

People, I have noticed one trend, and you can't explain.
Before, I played games and memorized them all. I know thoroughly the whole map, all the places in GTA Vice city and GTA San Andreas. I knew the entire map and all the places in Gothic and Gothic 2. I.e. I just played, and eventually remembered it was in my head. And then I played GTA 4 and GTA 5, but there is nothing I do not remember. How to explain it? Even the look of Luggage in Vice city was so much easier to look for the pigeons in GTA 4 (if you do not use map location as a hint).
I have suggested that this is due to mnogozadachnosti games. I.e. the better the graphics, the more detailed the game is, which complicates the perception of virtual reality, as a result it becomes harder to remember.
And how does this explain you?
37 Comments
Sort by:
s
stalker7162534 26.01.20

While don't smoke or drink, kind of remember. But the idea of detail I like.

I
Int0xicate 26.01.20

Most likely how much you tightened the game, and how many times you took it. When a person does what he likes and repeatedly, that he remains in long term memory.
For example, I played so much Fallout 3 and this game I really like. Accordingly, even though a large map and lots of locations, I know finding many dolls, secret weapons and quests.

M
MunchkiN 616 26.01.20

previously, Igor was small AZM Gothic two and two as GTA edokov to sanandreas. this is one.
the memory is running aboot conditionally so that such information is not stored and compressed in a associative array hierarchy where initial memories of the key and the rest of this information is simply quantity. so if you read say 100 of the same books will remember the first and only 2-4 from the rest, virtually nothing will be as key new information they contain.

A
A.Soldier of Light 26.01.20

Kamred wrote:
And then I played GTA 4 and GTA 5, but there is nothing I do not remember. How to explain it?
Little played. Passed campaign once and all? No, it should be as before you did: zadrotit games on the not-want all the angles to check, everywhere all pass ten times. That's how it was with the second Fallout, for example, Morrowind and more... And now it has been forgotten - such games of the present. The graphics and nothing more -)

t
the endless misanthropy o 26.01.20

Key factors: the size of the location and the amount of information that substantial impact does game design. GTA VS was a memorable style that is easy to understand and remember the map. GTA SA I did not like - I don't remember anything. The Witcher 2 and Deus ex I remember well, there locations are not large, made by hand.

r
rimpf 26.01.20

A. Soldier of Light wrote:
zadrotit games on the not-want all the angles to check, everywhere all pass ten times.
Yeah, remember the UFO of GTA SA. xD

s
stalker7162534 26.01.20

рimpf
UFO in GTA is.

G
GTAman 26.01.20

stalker7162534
Only flies nyzenko-nyzenko...

A

stalker7162534 wrote:
UFO in GTA is.
Well, everything started... 8)

m
masha 26.01.20

I in the childhood when played on the PlayStation could from memory in a notebook levels to draw. Once I'm on a notebook sheet drew my high school friend, in all levels, where lies the key to exit.

M
MagicHero 26.01.20

Kamred
Do sports, walk, don't smoke and you will have a great memory. Himself on a personal experience convinced that after charging and the soul to think much better, and if you do not smoke. Doing mobile and a week could not solve the problem in the programmatic part, then ill not smoke for 3 days and solved the problem )))

A

Masha wrote:
in childhood when playing in the console, could the memory in the notebook levels to draw
I also had something similar ))

q
qwertylol 26.01.20

Spoilered, I have noticed one trend, and you can't explain.
Before, I played games and memorized them all. I know thoroughly the whole map, all the places in GTA Vice city and GTA San Andreas. I knew the entire map and all the places in Gothic and Gothic 2. I.e. I just played, and eventually remembered it was in my head. And then I played GTA 4 and GTA 5, but there is nothing I do not remember. How to explain it? Even the look of Luggage in Vice city was so much easier to look for the pigeons in GTA 4 (if you do not use map location as a hint).
I have suggested that this is due to mnogozadachnosti games. I.e. the better the graphics, the more detailed the game is, which complicates the perception of virtual reality, as a result it becomes harder to remember.
And how does this explain you?
Kamred
How old are you? In how many years played, and how old are you now? Vision you good now or still worsened and the sooner the better saw?

K
Kamred 26.01.20

qwertylol wrote:
How old are you? In how many years played, and how old are you now? Vision you good now or still worsened and the sooner the better saw?
I am 24 years old. Played listed from 2000 to 2010 (from about 7-8 years to 17-18 years). The vision of the good.
I'm not saying that I have a clinical memory disorder.) I mean just the real memory locations in the game.In GTA 4 and 5 didn't. Now in GTA 5 online by phone take off picture place. There type of money is hidden. Need me to find this place. They are bullied.) In Morrowind, oblivion and Skyrim, I remember the place only inside cities. Outside the city I am guided by the map. But that's okay, game of TES and so large.
So to me it's all right. I just love GTA and I am sorry that in previous GTA, I remember the place, and in 4 and 5 - no. And in the other games you can just map cut and all.)

S
Samyy krutanskiy krutan 26.01.20

Kamred wrote:
I just love GTA...
???

W
Wing42 26.01.20

Krucinski the quiet badass
Ivan, you still have a Birthday today? Congratulations!

R
Rolemanser 26.01.20

Wing42
His name is Ivan??!! Not daragoj our Leonid Ilyich?

W
Wing42 26.01.20

Rolemanser
It's a roly Rygalov - the minion of fortune, the master of ceremonies and Joker!

A

Rolemanser wrote:
His name is Ivan??!!
In the USA unknown name is Joe, in Russia - Ivan ^_^

R
Rolemanser 26.01.20

A. Soldier of Light
As far as I know they are not just Joe, and John Dow name, we have this type Ivan is nowhere.