3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
N
Nastoyaschiy Fyzzer 26.01.20 02:05 pm

How to increase draw distance? (Fallout 3)

Actually, how to do it? And then on maximum settings, in the underground, in caves and other enclosed areas, at a fairly great distance all just disappears, well, that draw distance is too small. It's terribly annoying. Maybe you can in the configuration files as to increase the range of drawing? Please tell me. Thanks in advance.
13 Comments
Sort by:
V
Volt123 26.01.20

With the help of the file distsntion.ini in the game folder change the type.dist =to a higher number.

N
Nastoyaschiy Fyzzer 26.01.20

I have like no file distsntion.ini. And what to change in the game folder?

V
Volt123 26.01.20

I was joking)))))I'm Sorry.

V
Volt123 26.01.20

In the Launcher changed?

N

Yes, everything on high, and in the game's settings, too

A
Apexwin 26.01.20

Go to: documents\My Games\Fallout3 there is a file FALLOUT.INI in it find the value of uGridsToLoad which is responsible for the range. The value dolega to be an odd number. I personally put 7, because for large values the stability of the game. So as it is preferable to do something, a copy of the saves are in this folder, otherwise if you save with the higher setting which is unstable, rolled back you won't be able.

X
Xandee 26.01.20

Setting uGridsToLoad in Fallout file.ini to change it only need the odd values 5, 7, 9, 11, etc. But all this can lead to a drop in FPS and increase load time, and possible departures.

N

Apexwin, Xandee, thank you! Check it out.

N

Apexwin, Xandee, this method applies only to objects on the Heath, in confined spaces it's not working. Who would have thought, is the option HDR removes the disappearance of pieces of level and involves blurring the distance, making everything look more less well. Just HDR I was disabled, because with him in the F3 overkill. What are some other ways to solve my problem without including HDR.

X
Xandee 26.01.20

Real Fyzzer
But in confined spaces it will not work. Like in the premises of the visibility standard.

S
Steel Rain 26.01.20

Apexwin
Xandee
Thank you! Everything works.
Myself a couple of months ago wool this file, but this string I then somehow not interested.

K
Kostik1999H 26.01.20

Go to My documents \My Games\Fallout3 there is a file FALLOUT.INI there are values
fLODFadeOutMultActors=15
fLODFadeOutMultObjects=15
fSpecularLODStartFade=2000
fLightLODStartFade=3500
fLODFadeOutMultItems=15
fShadowLODStartFade=1000
These options configure the range of creatures, objects, reflections, lights, objects and shadows. Here you can put values higher than in game settings.
If any options will try to not search the entire record a part (for example fSpecularLODStartFade and fSpecularLOD) and if it does not have this option, then this is where you will find fSpecularLOD write it fSpecularLODStartFade=2000.

K
Keys 26.01.20

Guys - if you suffer a gray wall,which limits the review in great interiors and is removed from the player when approaching, you need a plugin Interior Fog Remover (which you can download from nexusmods) ,which removes fog in the room . He has long suffered from this shit and edits in .ini did not give results. And it was in this fog,as it turned out!