3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20 03:34 pm

Sound problems in computer

Something I often here on the forum, but Oh well. Are there any questions so you need to look for answers.

Because in comments there are people who somehow do not understand what is going on or just refuse to understand, then describe in more detail the nature of the problem.

On my old PC stopped working normally sound. At first, when this problem just started to occur, the connectors for headphones and microphone, which are located on the front of the system unit, just stopped working. Then I tried to connect the headphones to exactly the same connectors that are back in the system unit, but when you connect them, the sound was rusty. In addition, in addition, the headphones can hear the noise of the cooler that somehow they are broadcast. Eventually the noise subsides, but it is still audible though not as loud as it was originally.

I also opened the side cover of the system unit to view what the reason, the reverse closing and turning on the computer, the sound disappears at all. And instead of the sound heard some strong interference that are similar to gurgle. And if I open the lid again, then the sound returns, but the noise from the cooler is again becoming audible in the headphones, and even speakers. In General, I do not know what it can be connected, so I decided to contact you. Then there may be mechanics who understands this and who can explain what this problem may be occurring.
17 Comments
Sort by:
S
SPR1GGAN 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
described unclear
buy some USB headphones and some will have no problems with interference

G
Glnai 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
DeathColdUA wrote:
hear the mouse move across the screen
What is it like?
DeathColdUA wrote:
we heard a strong noise of the cooler in headphones
Huh? So you want to say that the sound of the cooler is headphones?!

D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20

SPR1GGAN
That there not clear?
Glnai
When the mouse is moving, the headphones heard some noise, like a rattle. And Yes, I want to say that the sound of the cooler is in the headphones and I clearly hear. The sound of wheezing, for example when I listen to music then the sound hoarse. And it gets worse when you close the side cover of the system unit, because the sound disappears altogether, and instead heard some gurgling or something like that.

S
Sanchez Ramirez 01.02.20

The only way that may broadcast sound of the cooler in the headphones/speakers is if the body was a microphone and the sound from it would be output to the linear output.

Get all hardware from the body, collect in the new one and verify. But this should be done on a dielectric surface (wood, plastic), of course.

G
Glnai 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
Go to sound settings in the recording tab, look what you've selected device, and the device is the tick in the option"listen to this device. And look at the next tab, in the settings of the headphones, not whether there are any improvements.
General tips on the case, and suddenly: Reinstall the drivers for the sound.
PS.The fact that the front panel headphone is not working, look whether the wires from the front panel to the motherboard, maybe you pulled when the lid was opened.

t
typical russian 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
Windows reinstall 10 version and no shame!

D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20

Sanchez Ramirez
No, like the microphone not in there. And about the surface I know, because I already know how it is, when the current passes through you.
Glnai
On my old PC installed Win XP if that, but then all the improvements sound disabled. Driver there, too, and because I tested them and they're all fine. I guess the sound card is already bye-bye.
typical russian
What does Windows 10, if a problem in gland? If you have nothing to say on the subject it is better to be silent.

S
Subaru MotorSports 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
Configuring integrated sound card Realtek.
https://audiophilesoft.ru/publ/my/realtek_hda_setup/11-1-0-93

L
Luka_gg 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
There was a similar thing.
1) switch to the console panel Realtek master volume - bezradnosci and sample rate. Worked for a while.
2) Passed the cost on the diagnosis and turned out that the soundcard died, the interference issues are permanent. Replaced and the problem went away.
So, Yes, the service centre easier to pass and check.

D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20

Luka_gg
Then it is better to purchase a new sound card and everything. And thanks for the advice.

a
airstorm 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
Remember that somewhere you had mentioned configuration of the computer... in the subject where picked out your browser under XP, it seems. But not found.
Kindly remind, what you have a motherboard. Though I will turn the chip, the temperature of which you can touch and send pictures... And in fact, the treatment remains the same:
1. Disable sound card from BIOS.
2. To purchase a new (or used - on an old Pentium D it) under the old PCI slot!
Option 3 offer do not want. Yes, a USB sound card will be worth even cheaper, but I remember that you created a theme with the problem of reading information from a flash drive. Win 7 - Win 10 no problems working with USB sound, but on XP there are troubles.
DeathColdUA wrote:
the sound became a hoarse
DeathColdUA wrote:
heard some strong interference that are similar to gurgling
and .... eeemmm.... it
DeathColdUA wrote:
Then there may be mechanics who are versed in this matter
Well, on this case mechanics and electronics involved. Hoarseness, gurgling, crushing sound is jitter, if it for research ;) . Occurs in different cases, but according to your description - was covered with a sound controller. The reasons may be different, but here it is:
DeathColdUA wrote:
headphones hear noise of the cooler that somehow they are broadcast. Eventually the noise subsides, but it is still audible though not as loud as it was originally.
DeathColdUA wrote:
I also opened the side cover of the system unit to view what the reason, the reverse closing and turning on the computer, the sound disappears at all.
DeathColdUA wrote:
I open the lid again, then the sound returns, but the noise from the cooler is again becoming audible in the headphones, and even speakers.
makes me think about the lack of earthing on your computer... and in this situation, even banal statics (electrification from clothing, upholstery, etc.) can make troubles... And usually under distribution includes usb and audio controllers... and network, although he often ogrebaet due to interference on the LAN cable. But I'll spare the technical stuff.
Here... an example of prices for an old sound that will fit your PCI slot
Спойлерhttps://www.avito.ru/lipetsk/tovary_dlya_kompyutera/zvukovye_karty_1793427454

S
SPR1GGAN 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
then go back to my first post where USB headphones already have a soundcard on Board without any problems

D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20

airstorm
airstorm wrote:I Remember somewhere you mentioned the config of the computer... in the subject where picked out your browser under XP, it seems. But not found.
Kindly remind, what you have a motherboard. Though I will turn the chip, the temperature of which you can touch and send a picture
All system specifications in my profile are described. You can go there and see if there is a need.
airstorm wrote:makes me think about the lack of earthing on your computer... and in this situation, even banal statics (electrification from clothing, upholstery, etc.) can make troubles... And usually under distribution includes usb and sound controllers
And how is it treated? I just with a soldering iron are not friends. And the power supply in the computer is new, because the old one burned down long ago, so I had to change it.

a
airstorm 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
DeathColdUA wrote:
All system specifications in my profile are described. You can go there and see if there is a need.
Well.... there is not all data. Information about the RAM is limited only by amount, not a specific model from a specific manufacturer. And here is data about the motherboard not. The sound controller is on it (usually Realtek, VIA or C-Media...).
DeathColdUA wrote:
And how is it treated? I just with a soldering iron are not friends. And the power supply in the computer is new, because the old one burned down long ago, so I had to change it.
To treat the consequences of the lack of ground is not always easy. And there need not only friendship with a soldering iron, but mastery of the gun, and in exceptional cases, infrared soldering station for bga (by the way this device is worth Oh, how dearly).
But to provide a grounded appliance... possible without certain special skills, so to speak.
If you are interested, here's the wiki... though there is some complicated presents... the impression that an introduction with a lecture on TBE
Спойлерhttps://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BB%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5
Well, more simple examples, pictures and video
Спойлерhttps://fishkielektrika.ru/kontur-zazemleniya-chto-soboy-predstavlyaet-i-kak-on-rabotaet
https://profazu.ru/provodka/bezopasnost-provodka/kontur-zazemleniya.html
In our country the ground the buildings were already down in the ' 80s, and the circuit was assumed before the start of construction, so to speak at the design stage of buildings... in Russia, if I am not mistaken, the presence of earth in all power grids.
If you think to sum up the ground, better to turn to the electrician. Designing the circuit requires a professional approach, and connecting means work with a circuits voltage AC 220V.
However in Russia are often faced with an interesting view of the ground....
Спойлерhttps://i2.wp.com/homemyhome.ru/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/%E2%84%964.jpg
....to any metal pipe or fittings protruding from the wall of the building. Theoretically, and in practice it works, but whether the standard is aged... can't say.

D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20

airstorm
Well, if I grounded your PC such as a bolt is screwed into the wall, which I used to have a radio hanging, we will approach this method? And Yes, with regards to sound, everything is from Realtek.

a
airstorm 01.02.20

DeathColdUA
Fine if this or a similar device
Спойлерhttps://amperof.ru/instrument/m416-izmeritel-soprotivleniya-zazemleniya.html
show no more than 5-6 Ohms when measuring :) But I think that this will not happen unless the bolt is not bolted to the metal structure in the wall that goes into the ground.
It is better to connect to the water pipe... unless she's made of plastic.

D
DeathColdUA 01.02.20

airstorm
No, the bolt in the wall twisted. I have, as I have said it before radio was hanging when it was relevant, and now, when I threw it to hell, the bolt just hangs. I hang up on him any unnecessary wires. For example, the wire from the neon lamp, which is too long.

Also, I live outside the city, so nearby is nothing of such iron is not present, what would be in the ground. But for some reason I remembered the bolt in the wall, because it still unnecessarily there screwed up.