3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex_Balay_ 02.02.20 08:32 pm

Adding new cars (Test Drive Unlimited)

=> This topic is discussed the possibility of adding new cars and drive in TDU.<=
Hello!
Wanted to ask a question - is it possible to add cars into the game?
It is not to replace but to add.
Is the same program that set the parameters of the car.
There are unofficial patches (1.67 and 1.68) that allow you to add new car (not buggy)
Write who that knows on the subject, please. I will add the information that I find myself on this topic.
==> The information which I found
===== Adding new drives to auto =====
1) There are cars for which there are different drive options. For example, the Nissan 350Z provides a choice of 3 drives - 1 default and 2 to choose from.
What's interesting - all the files of the game (euro-bnk-vehicules-rim) they are called differently.
Take the Nissan:
Here are the names of the disks (bnk format)
350ZCPE_F_01 (default)
NISSAN1_F_01
NISSAN2_F_01
NISSAN3_F_01 - 2 of them
(there are others, but they specify a specific model. We are interested in precisely the nissan 350Z (not NISMO)).
And here's the problem - I do not know what exactly the wheels are set on a nissan 350Z.
But if you take a Ferrari 612, on her choice is also 3 discs but they are called differently:
F612_F_01 (disks, default)
F612_1_F_01
F612_2_F_01 - the choice
From what I make the assumption that the information about which drives are where are in a particular file.
2) I found these files. It is the database files, obviously. But here's the problem:
Even after unpacking the files (bnk-database)
(I took the DB file.bnk and unpacked his special program. There are other files (DB_CH and other Nations, as I understand it), but I did not touch it.)
So, after unpacking DB.bnk I had cherished files:
TDU_Rims.db
TDU_CarRims.db
and many other files.
But here's the problem - how to open a file with the db format?
When opening with Notepad - ieroglify, Microsoft Access couldn't open.
I'll try other programs to open a file format .db (Data base file), but maybe someone has some editor?
If someone can open this file and change - we can add NEW disks and NEW cars in the game smile
I have yet to try other programs that in theory it is possible to open these files:
+ WordPerfect Office
+ SQLite
+ libreoffice
+ Design Compiler Graphical
4 Comments
Sort by:
V
Valera Gubin 02.02.20

Alex_Balay_
not on tdu on tdu 2 here is the link
http://www.playground.ru/files/test_drive_unlimited_2_neofitsialnyj_patch_dobavlyayushchij_bolee_15_avto-76803/

z
zozoxa 02.02.20

well, on tdu1 is also possible to own a car
if you have the necessary programs
without any packs, patches and other things

E
Evgeniy Pravdivyy 02.02.20

how to make replaced car came with the tires?

C
Cobra78 02.02.20

The same question - what to edit ( db_data ) ???