3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Fenderrr 03.02.20 04:14 pm

GTX 980 Repair - worth it or not?

Good day!
Happened to me prinepriyatneyshaya situation - drip liquid from the cooling system and directly to vidyahu (GTX980 Gig) through the protective cover.
The problem was unable to be identified instantly, so thought maybe it was software. Yet determined, the picture did not show up, when I opened the system unit and saw I was in shock!
Dismantled vidyahu, in order to try to save.
Suffered a single section (highlighted in the picture).
1. Around this thing fluid, as if cooked, removed with a wooden toothpick.
2. This subacc broken in the cleaning process.
Check after cleaning, I could not, as I couldn't find the thermal paste, and did not dare to run.

Actually a question - whether it makes sense to go in for repair, is it possible to save vidyahu, or have a brick?
17 Comments
Sort by:
r
rambling 03.02.20

Fenderrr wrote:
1. Around this thing fluid, as if cooked, removed with a wooden toothpick.
2. This subacc broken in the cleaning process.
I'm sorry, but you're a moron utter. The Board chips - with a toothpick. What prevents to take to repair and ask price?

L
Luka_gg 03.02.20

Fenderrr
One of the reasons why I got rid of DLC and do not touch.
Above kid correctly noted, the diagnosis is not so expensive 150-350 rubles. Look for a good service center for reviews, where most do, there and call. There and decide to repair / not repair. There can still be covered. Video card 980 today is 14-15 thousand, not more, is the old unclaimed stuff 2014, thus, if not under warranty, and in Your case
it is generally DARK and much more. Over 18 thousand new 1060 6 GB to beat, and for 23 wonderful firing Jetstream, and it is still on the way new line 11ХХ NVIDIA. Hence proceed whether to repair or not. The chip may be simple and cheap (probably), or Vice versa, also dig have to.

F
Fenderrr 03.02.20

rambling wrote:
I'm sorry, but you're a moron utter. The Board chips - with a toothpick.
Had to act quickly. In places where the liquid was not dried I SOP napkins, and there decided a toothpick otkovyryat.

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you for the good advice and insights! You're damn right!
Could have taken 1080ti and grief would not know. But now work podupali, therefore, it is possible to acquire 1060кой, as you suggest.

L
Luka_gg 03.02.20

Fenderrr
So! First, the maintainability test. Replace the 980 to 1060 - the flea (virtually, of course 1060 more energy efficient, has 6 GB of videoplate on Board) because they have the same performance in games:
Спойлерhttps://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1777?vs=1716
But if of course, the repair will be expensive or impossible (which I think is unlikely), then look towards the the latest models of video cards. Of course, if enough force, to wait and 11ХХ new line of graphics cards NVIDIA, the month of October, as I recall.

F
Fenderrr 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
Thank you!

M
MunchkiN 616 03.02.20

if the liquid is a shampoo, corrosion-resistant, tohdou don't know but it seems it is safe
if it's just distilled water then could have been the millet on the fence to hang the ber is add sun-dried
and about the map actually I think it makes sense to include since the repair most likely they will.
however, if the card is presumably not killed it makes sense to find remontez and ask about the price
if that is high it may be worth to think about changing to a new and productive card as sooner or later still have
and about the job electronics - I appears like that from Mat Board accidentally tore off a capacitor and the adjacent squeezed and then the Mat Board still worked for several years with rashoumon and died.

M
MagicHero 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
VOVAN WOLF wrote:
One of the reasons why I got rid of DLC and do not touch.
In the normal DLC of the liquid does not conduct current and the leakage is not particularly scary.

L
Luka_gg 03.02.20

MagicHero
Great, thanks, good to know. Never never seriously touched. But it seems that the boy is not lucky. By the way, there is still a controversial issue, because there is corrosion, leaching iron. I'm not really into chemistry, you have to Google the dielectrics. Distilled water does not conduct electricity, so I remember, but this is the first of H2O. It contains oxygen.

S
SPR1GGAN 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
Video card 980 today is 14-15 thousand, not more, is the old unclaimed stuff 2014
VOVAN WOLF wrote:
Replace the 980 to 1060 - the flea
so by your and 1060 also rubbish?
980 calmly pulls most games on ultra/high ,3-5K I would have for the repairs boldly given ,since the map a couple of years will all pull with a Bang ,and by the time the new generation video cards show themselves fully and their prices down
well, if chase rasparenny 4K gaming and 144 Hertz ,Toda Yes ,of course, have Bart 1080ti ,though not the fact that all games otvalov in the amount of 100k+for Monique and vidyuhi ,get these same 144
I do not understand these races until the game is near 60 frames ,iron suits

D
Dako7 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
If you can't run in ultra settings the game then not play at all? Such logic? If slow down of the UIAA from 8 to 2 or shadow on the middle to put it all? Not the gaming experience already? They have a difference of 5-10 fps, if repairable then repair and leave the bung before the release of the new generation. By the way that you wrote that the new cards in October? There are reliable sources or your gut?

D
Dako7 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
980 outdated process technology in the first place. They have already outlived her, nor guarantees any reasonable price tag, mommy speculators trying to sell for a price higher than 1060.
Specifically, the proposal I misunderstood, if you, too, for repair and you have the opinion that in 980 1060 awl on the soap, it all fits together. Just so outdated process technology, warranty and price tag if performance is the same this map is the author's theme. Just repair and leave the bung to take now 1060 too late.
But on maps you yourself correctly wrote
VOVAN WOLF wrote:
we assume that all the rumors without specifics
the paragraph with the words apparently and probably is not credibility. In October in the best case will come with a price tag of 1180 in PC gaming, but about 1160-1170, and no one even stuttered.

L
Luka_gg 03.02.20

Dako7
1 offer sagra as people. Nice.
Sometimes, the price tag with delivery and parts can come out in a sickly amount, then enters the law of economic feasibility of repair. Easier and better to buy new than to repair old. Tell the kid, if you know, can make for a symbolic amount, or not? Moreover, you will find there a service center for a replacement? In the end, not affected any other part of the scheme?
1080 was the first, it is true ,and the price tag it was 80 thousand, followed by 65 thousand, after a fall at 50 thousand. In the end, with the release of 1080Ti the price fell to 42 thousand.
All what you need to understand and know - in any case not to rush with purchases, especially when we are talking about the first card. While the seller is not filled, the law of supply and demand, we will not have a normal price tag. In short. NG or NG after the ideal. Even the throat is a question of the miners. Here You correctly hinted, hastened. That's it, nothing more to discuss. Hurried, I stand corrected.

Oh, and the feasibility of repairs is reflected in the option after repair, it will fall in price tags. And guarantee she did not. Who needs it? This is the question of further implementation.

Y
Yakov Budnikov 03.02.20

naturally repairs, 980 is still quite possible to live about 3 years, if the chip is not dead fix will be released only 2 thousand

S
Sergey067 03.02.20

Jacob Budnikov naturally repair, the 980 is still quite possible to live about 3 years, if the chip is not dead fix will be released only 2 thousand

Yes, it will . In the range of 2000-3000 rubles ,if the graphics chip and memory is OK. Top of the former generation , and some inadequate already put it mysteriously in the trash. A chip and SMD conder (conder especially on donor boards full of them - looking for a map with a dead chip and everything) worth a penny (although the Chimes can be quite rare in giraffes, but still can be found). On the map 5 years you can still sit in 2K.Just need to make WITH her , so long lived - Count chip temperature of 55-60 degrees, the power transistors 60-65 deg - so you need to do.
By the way, the most appropriate post in the topic. However the minuses pointed, so vacation. Cho...

2Fenderrr
As the chip is called (what with 8мью legs on pic), that is, what it says?
Most importantly, the repairmen need to give model details - that they simply had to resolder and nothing to look. Then the repair will be inexpensive.
The liquid gets only in that area? on the other side of the Board, the liquid does not fall?

VOVAN WOLF
1 offer sagra as people. Nice.
Sometimes, the price tag with delivery and parts can come out in a sickly amount, then enters the law of economic feasibility of repair.
That ,if the graph is to change the chip or memory then Yes. And if something simple something of this sort.

B
BigInteger 03.02.20

Is not a pleasant thing when it dies iron! Most recently the processor died the encryption controller!

M
MAuCTEP 03.02.20

All those little elements - capacitors; one that more - PWM Converter, if I'm not mistaken. Converter if the equipment is not difficult to change, the conder can not say this. IMHO, it is good to wash the area with alcohol (preferably isopropyl, if no - clean etilovy), and if does not help - to carry in repair. Should be cheap and the card should then still work for a long time (I think service on such small things and guarantee normal will)

S
SPR1GGAN 03.02.20

Fenderrr
fixed?