3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Sam_FisherPG 03.02.20 04:25 pm

What HDD is the most popular and reliable ?

What hardy uses ? How many already live with you ?
I noticed that WD drives have become not very reliable, was on a WD Green 750Gb pulled away sharply along with information although it worked flawlessly, another WD Blue 1Tb was under system (65Гиг) the rest was in the file (local drive), began shipping the system for 25 minutes with errors, and there are 2 more WD disk to 1 Tb and 2 both series of Green began to appear unstable and uncorrectable sector.
Have as dense a computer with 2 IDE disks of Seagate on 40 and 160 gigs which is still working like a clock.
In General and share your experience of the Lord, good or sad, let's see what and whose hard drives worth buying in 2018, in order not to lose suddenly, in one moment all the information accumulated through hard work over several years.
11 Comments
Sort by:
L
Luka_gg 03.02.20

Sam_FisherPG
The most reliable Hitachi! But they have a high price tag.
Old discs haul, including Seagate. So, don't be surprised with regards to the old man. Green? I'm surprised I got two of these in 2012 or 2013, 2000 GB, threw off movies, forward to where the Internet enough to swear, one of them worked in the system unit under a file dustbin. Now they are at the shelf and for a long time. Cheap, live, and what is necessary.
Actually, we moved here subject, and came to conclusions - do YOU? Is cloud storage your important files to something external, and if you lose, well figs with it. And maybe it will last. Guessing can be long, like to argue.
In General, Green has long gone to the level of BLUE. These Greens are old. I have 500 GB flew off at voltage drop, clean the chip from the donor to replace and work again. I bought a 750GB, now 8 years old.
To me, the most reliable were:
Western Digital VelociRaptor 1 TB - 33548 hours and 2253 inclusion. Already 6 years old. In the sale do not see them.
A lot of WD Red - already 3 pieces 3000 GB. In the top 10 server drives. I do not remember exactly the place but it is worth attention.
Two of them are on the torrent distribution, distribution 300 - 400 GB per day. Right now, that's 400. All scored.
One WD Red - 33430 hours worked, with 2.5 years around the clock. 2186 times was included.
The second WD Red - 30367 hours, the same day the Figaro. 1562 inclusion. Both red 2012-2013/14.
A recent addition, a gift on NG again Ed. 4433 hours worked, purely a dump file, no torrent. 31 inclusions.
Stoi WD RE 3000 GB, 5 years guarantee. 20457 hours worked. 153 inclusion. It is 2015, I think. He's like the Raptor the game. Because the load on them so no, I don't play for days.
As you can see, they are all NAS system, a server, a highly reliable HDD, except for the Raptor, it is not positioned as a HDD for servers. So far, no complaints, work as it should.
Assembled a PC a year ago. Again put the WD Red in 1000 GB and WD RE for 2000 GB. Ed under the torrents, RE under games/files. There watch can't say, but it is a lot, there are inclusions for a year more, he does not plow for days.
Still want to take, and again looked Red from WD.
Incidentally, among the budget models are the WD Blue and the Seagate 7200 BarraCuda [ST1000DM010] is added to the Assembly. Seagat tightened well, is to recognize it, lists server a lot. Earlier, he was already faulty off the shelf store bought.
From all the HDD I PERSONALLY would prefer either expensive server-based WD, with a guarantee of 3-5 years, better 5 or Hitachi (they have the same 5-year warranty), BUT the price tag is much bite. Seagate the same stands out, but his way is to look at the model of the Iron Wolf, I would like to check out.

b
benites 03.02.20

I have two Seagate Barracuda 4TB on, yuzayu about 3 years, no problems with them

-
- Rick Sk1mmer - 03.02.20

If you are not haunted by the question of preservation of information, the HGST, WD server, some Hitachi.
If you just want a good productive the hard drive, the WD Black series is quite good.
For undemanding users will come down any.
Again, depends for what specific purposes is chosen by the winch, for games - one for office, another for faylopomoyki - third.

S
Sam_FisherPG 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
I know about the merging of Blue and Green, before the first was speed 5400 7200 in the second, after the merger, speed was 5400.
WD Red 2 Tb will work fine under Win 7 x64 secondary disk for files and perhaps a torrent ? Never used the Red series, will, in General, it works like a regular screw-in system, or just under backups ? Choose between Blue and Red, because Purple does not fit and the Black and Gold price tag bites, Hitachi 2 Tb is more expensive than Blue and Red, but cheaper than Black and Gold.
VelociRaptor we have to find and RE only 500 hectares. Like red noise and temperature, the heads don't snap ? Loud or quiet ? And how many default Parking heads ? With the blue I already managed to get acquainted. I will be glad if you as the owner of several copies of the Red series will share this information.

J
JonDocker 03.02.20

Don't know how many years have passed since the first PC was not a single hard drive itself is not dead. Only time from physical damage,and everything worked flawlessly. Now is wd blue and Seagate Barracuda Swiss watch. Both under the debris, the system naturally on a SSD...

G
GG4 03.02.20

2018 which HDD.

L
Luka_gg 03.02.20

Sam_FisherPG
Red works fine as a normal HDD, you can of course backup Windows to do. With torrents, I have already said, two red work for me, cold, quiet, 5400 rpm there, the energy is eaten as greens, don't click.
IntelliPowerЭтой mark marked Ed.
IntelliPower is a finely tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and caching algorithms designed to provide both significant energy savings and high performance. In addition, during startup the device IntelliPower consume less current, thus increasing the number of disks simultaneously, which results in faster system readiness. It is best to refer to the specification sheet of the drive, if available, for that disk; relative speed, performance, reading and writing or use of energy.
This technology changes the rotation speed, deviation from 5400 - 10%, energosberegenie enough to read and petty treatment. Sequential write, which requires more power, it spins. These things.
Clicks are usually more nimble drives tend. The Parking of the heads had the biggest, and therefore took 600 thousand. This NAS disk. Hourly I already told you what worked. The rest of the specifications.
Previously worked on Windows 7, then Windows 8.1, now on Windows 10 without any problems. Just files such as pictures, videos, downloads, I threw on these drives with SSD. Of course, now that I've shared, I have a lot of torrents, but the garbage and torrent discs - 1 vs 2. you know, when there is a deal, a lot of them, to dig into the file boot is not very convenient, the disc is loaded with hands.
You are not told initially about the price, so I immediately began to list ALL that I have on two PCs (and everywhere there are WD). VelociRaptor - very expensive, 1000 GB cost me 8 000, a large amount of them no, he had one plate. RE the same, there are only 2000 GB was for 9000 rubles 12000 rubles per 3000 GB. ABOUT RED as well, it is 7,200 rpm, 3,000 GB, pricey toys, it is 5 years warranty went (wanted to try). Raptor clicks from time to time, in part under the handle, then do not hear, do not bother, even fun, he and 10 000 rpm, smart drive. RE, barely audible, I don't think it through a bit, but very quietly. Okay, skidded slightly already, they are expensive, forget it.
Disks from the server:
Do not pay attention to labels. As you can see, the 9th place. I needed to take Seagate, although as I said, the line ST1000DM010 was good, no wonder they are in the Assembly kidat (soran, the first digit after the ST 1000 is the volume, and the list of 3000, well, then everything is the same, essentially the same drive, only 1 to 3 plates).
Marriage can get caught at all. Perhaps ed the best price and quality. And in 3 years you can check. A lot of them people take. Perhaps the choice between Red and Seagate STX000DM010 (X-space).
GG4 wrote:
2018 which HDD.
For under nicknames GG4, do not react, it seems he's not answering messages, wasted time spent, babbler rare, he is already provocations, this is the whole point of this bot. Stupid of me, of course. Profile, cons for most can not.

Successful You purchase.

L
Lex-one 03.02.20

Sam_FisherPG
You people are right advised, to take HGST.
The HGST ultrastar 1tb 7k2.
The manufacturer gave a guarantee of 5 years.
But the screw is not quiet and is very healthy.

S
Sam_FisherPG 03.02.20

VOVAN WOLF
I like Toshiba and was not interested.
Thank you, I will take most likely red 2 Tb.

S
Sam_FisherPG 03.02.20

Lodurr
Here already everyone has their own way of what people like.

S
SonyK_2 03.02.20

Sam_FisherPG
Here it who and how will carry - will work fine, of course write good, die in the past - will be water the mud. But more often the pattern is this: the more expensive model (with a good warranty) - last longer (but not always, marriage has not been canceled), cheaper and more risky, but maybe a miracle will happen and you'll get the most robust drive of the entire party, which will run longer than your brothers (but again, depends on how they will use).
...noticed that the WD drives have become not very reliable...
Possible. But your WD Black took in 2010 - still works, though as a long term file storage system and games (to help him) took the SSD.