3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
DemoN BP3 21.09.19 05:21 pm

Why start the game with a bad ending? (Metro: Last Light)

Hi all, there arose a question of why Metro: Ray of hope begins with the fact that all black people dead, because in the first part there is another ending where black remain alive. The game itself was, well, and remembered this.
23 Comments
Sort by:
P
PsiX_Storrent 21.09.19

Because, a Ray of Hope made the book, not the game.

D
DemoN BP3 21.09.19

PsiX_Storrent
Understandable, but stupid developed

d
deletednoname 21.09.19

PsiX_Storrent
what?????? last Laith did not according to the book, the author only some aspects of the plot helped to think.
and with that, she starts because the true ending from the first metro is the explosion of the hive black, and good is just like daws so it was interesting to go again and for good

U
Uran93 21.09.19

DemoN BP3
the developers chose the bad ending in the first part, because statistically 95% of the players got the bad ending, and the remaining 5% is good.

D
DiLouk 21.09.19

For two reasons:
1) This is the original ending of the book Metro 2033.
2) Good ending I have seen only one out of ten past games.

Den-z2011
You will go.

P
PsiX_Storrent 21.09.19

VovaJunk
What are you talking about? Look Glukhovsky interview with the journo Stopgeym, he wrote the script, helped develop, etc. And the game is just a logical and direct continuation of the books of Metro 2033. And besides, never did it by the book, if you posts are not read.

D
DemoN BP3 21.09.19

Everything is clear, but then it was not necessary to do the 2nd ending in the first part.

P
PsiX_Storrent 21.09.19

If you, my dear, Mr. S. J. Smite , turn your attention to the first post of this topic, you will find that the question is PRECISELY ABOUT the BEGINNING of RAY of HOPE, therefore I assume that we are talking ABOUT the ENDING of 2033, because of this, and may fall out my answer on there, what a GAME, NAMELY the BEGINNING of IT sucked because of the ENDING of the BOOK METRO 2033, I hope everything written above will gain you the meaning.
And contrary to popular belief, a Ray of Hope is a direct Canon is the book of endings.
The endings are done in order to replay, you got that right, but not just to replay, and not killing for example of a character that, in General, is not very logical. Good ending in the first part just killed, not logical, not clear, happy end to the end of the tunnel after this, it is not nice, but the book ending is very expected, this game turned out nice.

o
one.lokkie 21.09.19

Name MB crooked now describe in detail.

Why the beginning of the last light starts with bad end of the first part of the game when Artem did kill all black people? In the first section there were 2 endings.
Maybe at the beginning of last light, you can choose the plot and I didn't notice? In General, the beginning in any case be such that Artyom destroyed the black?

Actually if so, why? Can any guru explain?)

n
nerevarin2013 21.09.19

Because that's what the book was.

M
Max Fry 21.09.19

Judging by the old forum - the one that the author was too lazy to read the book, which made the game, good endings did not exist, probably because directly by the author - Dmitry Glukhovsky knew that selfish, cowardly human nature will not allow Artyom to leave Black in the living and other people - to understand Artem. However, to create reygrobellet, the developers came up with such a thing as karma. Performing many good deeds, spreading good here and there, emitting rainbow rays, the player opens the ending that awaits the player :)

No wonder Metro: L,L. is issued also this game, after destroying D6: this Is the life. That's life, folks. Such is the atmosphere of the game. No rainbows and ponies.

I
I0PuK 21.09.19

Amato, the book was a good ending,
bad chose because, basically all I was the bad ending, I think

D
Demon0995 21.09.19

the book ends with the destruction of den black,in the first game's bad ending

G
Grandshot 21.09.19

If you take the good ending it is as if the logical conclusion of history and it makes no sense for a either a continuation of: Artem spares of ferrous and becoming their guide and interpreter in the world of Underground. Black people unite and together build a happy future and a solid happy ending. No wars D6, and so on.

o
one.lokkie 21.09.19

Thanks, didn't know. Just didn't read the book. This summer will buy and enjoy reading ;D

S
SCAR. 21.09.19

I think: the fact that the original game most of the players went with a negative ending (destruction). Because if the developers had decided to make the canonical ending with the salvation of the Blacks (of which a large part did not even know), it would lead to great confusion among the players.
Of course, I could be wrong, but I think that's what this is.

T
Thorgal 21.09.19

So it was not necessary for developers to enter in the first part of the game, different endings, since the second part is not affected. We had to do everything in the book, and then we would have issues, no one had any. And if you made two different endings, then please do, as in a series of Mass Effect to make the ability to transfer saves from the first part and play in their decisions on... Otherwise not worth the fuss.

a
artemsberg 21.09.19

Thorgal
and why in this game to bother with transferring saves,only because of the ending,lol))

G
Grandshot 21.09.19

The ending made solely to increase the replay value. And that's all.

a
artemsberg 21.09.19

Grandshot
well already offer a save game to carry,still rolling around