3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
c
cccpioneer 05.02.20 07:23 pm

FPS: the features of the Nvidia settings (Fallout 4)

Intel 2500k, 8 RAM, video Asus Strix GTX970 4GB (previously MSI GTX660 2GB)
Playing Fallout 4 since the release (version steam) I noticed the FPS drop in half, at the frequency of the monitor is 60 Hz.
Game settings to the minimum didn't give any result. However, when the frequency of 144 Hz monitor, the game produced 70 FPS and the game was already comfortable, with the settings set to high.
In January, changed the video card to a Asus Strix GTX970 4GB and everything remains the same as it was.
the driver put on a fine, used the settings in the *.ini game - result was the same: at 60 Hz the monitor, the mouse in the game a little late...
The solution I found: in the settings of the NVidia control Panel --> Manage 3D settings --> Program settings: in the settings of the game (and launcher) set parameter Vertical sync pulse ADAPTIVE*.
The problem with the delay mouse is gone again...
The parameter specified by the application NVidia default: Use setting for 3D application cuts the FPS in half as an option: adaptive (half refresh rate)
Do I use the frequency of 144 Hz monitor** and reduce it only when playing SKYRIM there not supported this frequency (water starts to twitch).
My opinion: game developers that got it wrong with VSYNC in Fallout 4, players with graphics cards from NVidia on the monitors 60 Hz you can try to manually configure the settings.

* !(if the option vertical sync pulse put off, the game will show the maximum FPS in the game and in the cutscenes)
** !(144 Hz is visually no different from 60 Hz, is used only in 3D with the glasses)
14 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dj Jock 05.02.20

cccpioneer
Thank you need to try

A
Aleksey Chichigin 05.02.20

How to put a frequency of 144 Hz on the monitor with 60 Hz? Or not to make the game think that?

c
cccpioneer 05.02.20

Alex Kichigin
the frequency of the monitor is specified by the manufacturer of the monitor, i.e. if the plant is 60 Hz, it is possible to twist when you lower your screen resolution, the type of 800x600 and deliver non-standard frequency is somewhat higher... but I would not advise to do this as possible, though not large to damage the monitor.
In some games there is a frequency of 144 HZ (120) for the same 3D glasses.
But in 99 cases out of 100, this frequency did not need anyone. (at the counter kind of important)
First, a 60 Hz monitor is included in the game VerticalNet sync cut FPS above 60 fps, and turned off the sync, too - only there in the overlay the game will be shown maybe higher FPS, but the monitor above their 60 frames will not show, and the game will be a noticeable gap personnel.

m
mikroob 05.02.20

cccpioneer
I not understand you, ie, just putting the adaptive clock through the driver substitution settings for it, it is likely to raise the FPS?

A
Aleksey Chichigin 05.02.20

Bummer Oh,-,Oh, So, where to put them or to prescribe?

c
cccpioneer 05.02.20

mikroob

in my case it helped 100%

m
mikroob 05.02.20

cccpioneer
and on what settings you play?

c
cccpioneer 05.02.20

mikroob
on ultra + volumetric light and shards on ultra, 1920x1080 monitor 24' 144 Hz (although the frequency of visually or as felt, the temperature at 3-5° C is lifted and all)

m
mikroob 05.02.20

cccpioneer
thanks, I'll try Sedna, vidyuhi takayazhe, percents i7, but I have over 60 only in the room. and depending on the locality 30 to 60 in an open area, a little tyknut config uigrids=9, and drawing grass x2.

m
mikroob 05.02.20

in the end, I tried to include the adaptive, the result is MINUS 5 fps.

no wheels I got your advice.

k
k.vyacheslav.i 05.02.20

there is no difference between 60 и120гц !? -do not tell me !!!!!!!!

c
cccpioneer 05.02.20

sawww
This is true only for LCD monitors!!! In the presence of the monitor with 144 Hz refresh screen", you should pay attention only if your video card is capable of producing more than 100 FPS, and you can see by eye the difference between 60 and 120 FPS - supergamer. Or if you want to enable 3D viewing. All other cases upgrading the screen refresh rate is not important and are used in stores as a marketing ploy.
No matter how sensitive the vision was not if the monitor works at 60 Hz (typical LCD frequency) then the difference will be zero. And it will look exactly the same at 120 Hz, and 60 Hz.

e
eichanin 05.02.20

I do not know, I have the same video as the author, 8 GB of RAM , only i5 percent 3570к. No effect , unfortunately, is not given(

R
RusLiberator 05.02.20

I have a 144Hz monitor and the NVIDIA control panel only displays 60 fps. Why can't you put 144?