3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 06.02.20 12:05 pm

Impressions of the game (What Remains of Edith Finch)

In this topic is invited to share their impressions of the game.
10 Comments
Sort by:
K
Karabevichi 06.02.20

Why didn't you start? Me some persevance imprint left, especially after the scene with the baby. Well, if in General, more than half are openly stupid deaths because of the stupidity of the person or loved ones. Like in that movie psychic when the hick shouted, They themselves are killed!. And if overall liked the game.

R
Reverrius 06.02.20

There are games that leave a mark. Projects that go through the whole gram different feelings and emotions. One of these projects is What Remains of Edith Finch from the Studio Giant Sparrow.

We play for 17-year-old girl named Edith Finch, which, after the death of his mother, returns to his long-forgotten family home with the key that opens something inside. She is the last of the family of the Finches, the cursed family, pursued by a string of misfortunes. Now it's time for Edith to find out what happened with a particular member of her family tree.

From the point of view of mechanics, the game is close to Gone Home and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter. We walk in the house, listen to the comments of the main characters, learn more about relatives who lived in the ancestral home, their last moments of life. Each of the relatives is another story, sometimes true, sometimes fiction. Many of these stories will not leave anyone indifferent. The house has its secrets, surprises, and secret passages.

But what's missing from the game is the interactive experience with objects, as in Gone Home. To be able to take items in hand, to explore them, to twist. Unfortunately, in the game there, and the number of objects on which the main character can issue the comment is limited. However, it doesn't really spoil the final experience.

What Remains of Edith Finch is an unusual and touching game that affects the vital topics. This discovery, which does not expect to see, but which dazzles you and fills your heart the most sincere feelings. This is an example of the interactive art, which it should be - clean, destroying the usual frame and leaving a trail.

The result: a wonderful project that has every chance to occupy the top lines of personal gaming top 2017.

9/10

A
Aleksey20112 06.02.20

Great. Need are often in the same genre to produce. The evening passed. Yes, the game as such, there is not enough, but the genre type Live is Strage must be released often. What other game can catch.)

G
GeRR_Praetorian 06.02.20

I understand that Russian voice acting is not?

T
Tulskiy Pocik 06.02.20

The idea and the flow is good, but the family has caused fierce hatred.Such a nasty feeling that forced to penetrate and survive the suicide Desnica and moral freaks who cut themselves or foolishly.As the baby turned on the faucet telepathy?As a man of 53 years didn't know what the rails and the train?And mother was so-leave the kid alone to live in the tower alone, what will become of him lol?And the kid is also good-picked up and silently dumped...Where reason, Carl?Disgusting characters with a good story.Pleased with the music from Halloween.

R
Ripper Man 06.02.20

until the current started playing it, but it's already delayed more than a specified sniper Ghost 3, vach dogs 2, battlefield 1 at least

L
Lary Cross aka nick hande 06.02.20

Tula Potsik
I agree. There are more obvious moments, proving the insanity of the family. For example, the story of Molly, when the family was aware of her mental illness, that in my imagination she imagines herself in a variety of animals, about the constant hunger, the mother intentionally locks her in a closed room and starves. Trying to cure? LoL

p
pashalet 06.02.20

In spite of the coolest and industrial graphics - visually, the game looks... really! In the initial walk to the house was stuck, for scoring at all - just stuck in a stunningly beautiful forest. Stood there, open-mouthed and admired. In this picture I want to live, immediately. The house looks great, inside and out: this is without a doubt the best mystical house", which I have seen in games of this genre.
Text comments of the heroine is very cool woven into the atmosphere of the game. The rare case when the subtitles are perfectly able to beat, making them part of the overall action.
Gameplay... Well, in fact it is minimized. Linear exploration of the world and a set of stylish but unpretentious mini-games. Find clues, sneak into a closed space - all of which we alternately reveal the secrets of the former family. All.
On the other hand: fed and told all very well. The flow of each story is a small masterpiece. And even the study itself is also home made soul, just walk on it and that is very interesting. At the end of the game - the total picture, and we finally understand the whole tragedy of the family of the Finches. Rock, madness, or a family curse - understanding can be different, here everyone decides for himself.
As a result: a very emotional, beautiful adventure. However, with a minimum of interactivity.
In fact, What Remains of Edith Finch and not a game at all, but a kind of art-house, disguised as a game. Attempt to immerse us in a surreal world of memories, forced to live out the pieces of other people's lives, and at the same time and going on all sorts of mysterious places, but to pull out of the dusty closet of history - some family skeletons. Like a good book to read. Definitely recommend.

V
Valentin_K 06.02.20

Amazing interactive story, a masterpiece. Such emotional involvement, immersion, I can not think only in one game, but probably even in the movie.
Bravo! This is a game which simply has no analogues.
This game is so Mature, she's such a serious topic that affects, and does it so skillfully that only after hovering on the final credits and a half-hour of deliberation, you know how COOL it is!

For those who love quests with a good plot - I recommend. My rating is a 11 out of 10.

K
Key Ovald 09.12.20

A beautiful step with a well-told good and mysterious story of not very lucky family and their home. Looks simple, but at the same time cute, in the spirit of some game, whose fire tower I unwittingly looked at every time looking at the forest. And on working just as well, to wander around a detailed house, very much telling about their tenants is a pleasure.
The story of the main character echoes the stories of other family members, where the humor and tragedy are masterfully intertwined. The presentation of these as it were separate stories in the story is simply gorgeous, each time something unexpected and original, flowing beyond the mere walking and reading of inscriptions.
In the end for some reason there is a little summons and religion, which slightly confuses the mood.
But in general, a wonderful adventure for 4 hours of leisurely walking. Fans of the genre and Nevsky necessarily to familiarize, one of the best in its genre.
8,5/10