3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
F
Frayherr 06.02.20 12:07 pm

A great loss of productive ut3 in Windows 7 (Unreal Tournament 3)

Hi all.
Decided to play ut3 on windows 7, I felt that the game is worse than on xp and decided to see the difference in performance.
Here are two screen, one shot on xp, second on windows 7

PlayGround.ru

PlayGround.ru

Took pictures on the same graphics settings and exactly the same conditions, to avoid errors.

Now, on xp -112 fps, on windows 7 -66 fps
It is easy to calculate that the loss in performance is a whole 42%
Notice that everything is on the line processor, video card works with the same performance. Percent С2D е7500

I would like to know how this problem to solve? Productivity to be at least if not at the level of xp, it is not much less, because right now, sitting on OSes windows 7 sense for myself I do not see
21 Comments
Sort by:
B
Black Label Society 06.02.20

Dierickx 10 you took into account?

Yes and what you don't like it you don't have lag?
or are you taking pictures alone?

do me a computer bought in 2007, even with Titan pack for V7 no lag(all on max)

F
Frayherr 06.02.20

Yes and what you don't like it you don't have lag?
I dislike the fact that the loss of productivity of whole 42%, I wrote it.
By the way no dx10 game is unsupported, and even if it were supported, it neimeet values because these were taken in resolution 800-600, there depends on stupid CPU

s
sn260591 06.02.20

Capgun
Try to disable AllowD3D10 in UTEngine.ini. Like saying that fps is a little add.

F
Frayherr 06.02.20

sn260591 tried to disable it, nothing unchanged.

Visible my PC and UT3 on windows 7 absolutely incompatible, right now, on deck a duel tried, the fps even drops to 45 (( (ie unplayable)

While other applications under windows 7 do not work worse than xp, but it is in UT3 my е7500 that it works in 2 times is worse, than can.

i7 we must take for this game

N
Night Hound 06.02.20

Capgun
And sobsno that you do not like? In the deck 45 is very good=) And fps fell not primarily because of Windows, and because the use of DH10 (piggy supports only 9)

H
Hari_ 06.02.20

Well, maybe put graphics on low in the game and see what happens..For my PERC worse - Е6700, but the fps is less than 90 is not seen. Windows 7/64 bit. Just for your screenshots you have of the chart is not in the least worth it)

B
Black Label Society 06.02.20

capgun and you put the patch and the Titan pack, they sort of solve some problems

F
Frayherr 06.02.20

Yes, it's not just me, there's a similar theme and also there is nothing essentially unsaid http://forum.nd.ru/index.php?showtopic=26181
Pikovsky forum, all 100 pages of shit for this reason http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586465

Game with something incompatible and therefore, the productivity decreases in 2 times

Hari_ when depends on the percent, particularly graphics settings nepomozhet, even put the permission 320-240 and make miserable graphics, one figure will slow down....
It if none uperlas, I would then be able to manipulate the settings, but right now this makes no sense...
In ut3 to mine only one option in the settings affects the CPU, it will increase the performance of the frame 5 and is the maximum that can be achieved

M
Male 06.02.20

Capgun
Pikovsky forum, all 100 pages of shit for this reason forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586465
well, read it. of course almost everything will be useless garbage, but the forum there is in any case more adequate than this. there are some changes in the ini, and someone even helped.
Game with something incompatible and therefore, the productivity decreases in 2 times
the forums are just filled with people who have no idea what I write, not trying to understand and therefore just litter index. the more vyser harder then everyone to find the answers to your questions

out of curiosity I read this topic here
Help, how to fix low fps in windows 7?
fortunately there are only seven pages. but the decision in a topic not offered, in addition to dubious response, part of which is the Council In Procesor Power management set Minimum processor state to 100%... set Minimum processor state to 25% was the main reason i was getting low framerates. Hope this will help people which have sluggish performance on win 7

If you suddenly find the solution which will help you, write pliz, I wonder. And suddenly I need (now are Vista performance issues in UT3, no)

PS after reading the topic on forums.epicgames, I take back my words that there is an adequate forum

F
Frayherr 06.02.20

well, read it. of course almost everything will be useless garbage, but the forum there is in any case more adequate than this. there are some changes in the ini, and someone even helped.
This makes no sense, it's easier to boot from xp than to spend time reading and translation of 100 pages of flooding (we have several OSes on the screw )

part of which is the Council In Procesor Power management set Minimum processor state to 100%... set Minimum processor state to 25% was the main reason i was getting low framerates. Hope this will help people which have sluggish performance on win 7
saving only works in 2d, I even specifically right now, cpu-z launched and found that the percent of ut3 works on the frequency where you need.

p.s: my opinion is that it's just an optimization, note that for example in BioShock, the situation is the opposite, on win 7 it works much faster than xp, 30-40% faster xDD (yeah, I was surprised)

so it is easier to have multiple systems and some games to pick up any more windows

l
lAnnihilatoRl 06.02.20

Same problem. Played on XP, the percents were AMD x2 5000+, video 9800гт. Fps about a hundred on any graphics settings and resolution (in percent rested). At vin7 32 the same config - 30-40 fps. Vin7 64% i7 950, video, and 70-120 fps, but AGAIN, the decrease in counts and resolution does nothing. I mean, I think that + аа16+аф16 on 1280x1024 fps is the same as the column dead without AA and AF and 600х480. In percent there is no cancer to rest can not. We will have live assistants to take the test. By the way, in games like NFS HP, starkraft2 fps under a hundred I think with AA and AF 16, and only count there grya mildly better than in UT3.

>> my opinion is that it's just an optimization,

It's obvious, that's just some, everything is OK with fps on seven, and the other PPC.

p
pulsart 06.02.20

Perhaps some kind of service reserves the CP itself, a video or a piece of memory, depriving the game 100%? In W7 the same DWM (the renderer GUI) is very voracious, can eat up a significant share of resources. First, try to disable Aero (and DWM).

F
Frayherr 06.02.20

pulsart in task Manager says that the game takes 99% of CPU priority, so it seems to be a game no one denies the resources of the computer..
aero the first thing I cut off, also a lot of services in win 7 was off - nothing was nepomohlo, fps less than xp 2 times I want to kill myself =(

have tried many different builds of windows 7, even on different computer configurations is 2 times worse than xp...

ut3 also tried to configure, without scoring, in General, I do not know how to solve the problem =))

F
Frayherr 06.02.20

xqpjw build I had in mind not what the Assembly from the left dudes, and different variations of win 7, like Ultimate, Home Premium, 32 / 64 bit...

S
Stan-v.84 06.02.20

Can someone answer: I have Windows 7 64-bit and it in any Unreal T3 run doesn't want che loads 5 seconds and then silence and does not install where you want: in the game folder in the start menu is not put, what the hell - how to fix who can tell me?

c
chromosoma 06.02.20

schA I'm finally all confusing :)

in General, each iron differently

J
Januslee 06.02.20

If there is a Radeon , the mandatory update of firewood to the latest available version , note there is written about productivity in this and other games.

G
Gogenskiy Vladimir 06.02.20

What 14.12 WHQL very old for today wood? Max settings, 1600x900, map Stranded. When bots move and come to Flaco and begin to fix - FPS can fall to 45. And this is with my R9 290X, you can imagine? Maybe the stone is rather weak AMD Trinity 4 core 4.6 gigs? When standing печ560ти, this was not

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 06.02.20

Um...you know, that is not on topic, but I have in the campaign is not playable cutscenes, I'd like to be with at least some notion of the plot.

S
Sila_Kommunizma 06.02.20

I have Windows 7 32 bit UT3 did not go. And 64 bit went. And do not care for FPS, the main thing that in action again;) by the Way the picture on the 7 will always be better than XP. I don't know why, but it's always noticeable visually. I think the reason why other FPS.