3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
b
bob21 06.02.20 12:19 pm

Help with adding new countries (Hearts of Iron 4)

Tried to create a new country on the territory of Bessarabia.
Created the txt file in the folder countries(took Belgium,while editing changed the name of the leader,changed the ruling party and so on).In the province of Bessarabia in the states has changed the host site for the tag of your country(in my case it is BES).Added new country tag in the file 00_countriesfolder country_tags.Added army(copied the file Germany GER_1936 and changed to BES_1936).
Now in preparation of the game, it just crashes.Who knows what kind of files you want to edit/create?
Thanks in advance.
21 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sir.Rumata 06.02.20

In the localization files has written the name of his country to all political regimes?
Plus it seems there is somewhere a file with the settings of the country from which library your country will take names of politicians and generals.

b
bob21 06.02.20

Sir.Rumata
Yes,it's in the file countries was,I based Belgium took it,changed the name of the General,modes,only the icon(picture) left.

S
Sir.Rumata 06.02.20

In the game folder there is a folder localisation, where in the file alerts_l_russian.yml put tags of their country for all political regimes. By the way, at the same time suggest to change any nonsense, Red Finland on SSR or Japan on the Japanese Empire, etc. generally. I'm still Soviet Union on Soviet Union has changed, looks better.

b
bob21 06.02.20

Sir.Rumata
There is also all added.Still crashes when loading even errors any does not emboss.
And you yourself tried to add the country or just edited,and then I can hand curves?

S
Sir.Rumata 06.02.20

bob21
Edited cell research Panama gave for balance.
SchA wondering twenty minutes later I will unsubscribe, too, the experiences will hold.

UPD1: OK, messed up with the localization file, countries_l_russian.yml, then the names.
Need another flag to add \gfx\flags.
In the history folder, many folders, it is necessary not only in countries to climb, but also in units and voosche all.

UPD2: IN the commoncountries much more... Oh the horror.

b
bob21 06.02.20

Sir.Rumata
I know that it can be easier to edit the map using the startup option -debug in the shortcut(a new menu item appears),but I have no idea how it works,and half the words in the navigation menu style ??????????? written.

S
Sir.Rumata 06.02.20

bob21
Vopreki probably because of localization. In the English version probably should not be so. Yes, and it's not a full editor, it's as if the map and will change it only in this preserve.
In the commoncountries still climb Pasaman there if it doesn't work then I don't know...
common/country_colors - color country
country_leader leaders
country_tags - apparently tags

b
bob21 06.02.20

Sir.Rumata
In the folder countries - has created a country on the basis of Belgium.
In the folder States - changed the host(owner) to the file of Bessarabia to their country.
The diplomacy folder I have is empty.
In the units folder, copied the army of the Germans 1936 and 1939 and changed the tag on BES(BES_1936 and BES_1939)

In the folder with the flags of the copied file of the flag of the USSR with the Nazi ideology and changed the tag for BES.(so 4 times for each ideology+neutral)
It seems easier just to wait when will create and post mod,and then just to edit it)

S
Sir.Rumata 06.02.20

bob21
And did not start? :with
What kind of country is by the way? Transnistria or what?

b
bob21 06.02.20

Sir.Rumata
No,on the territory of Transnistria,but I,from the bulldozer was invented,for example.
All I figured out,you need to create a mod in the launcher(give a name and select an alternative history,to run the game,start a new for any country to leave the game). Before starting be sure to put a tick in menu mods.
Then go to C:\Users\имя user\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod.
There go to the folder with the name of the created mod in the launcher in this folder has the same folders as in the root folder of the game(countries,tags and so on).Do the same thing that I described above and everything.In any case make a backup copy of the files.

S
Sir.Rumata 06.02.20

bob21
Good, well done. Can the wiki article to roll, podrobnenko all roll out on the shelves, suddenly someone useful waking.

d
drakuluss 06.02.20

sorry make all of the user only the folder created by fashion empty? I can not understand in what business

b
bob21 06.02.20

drakuluss
In the list of mods you have to tick and start a new game.The files should appear.

d
drakuluss 06.02.20

checked but the files and no, please big have to throw more details all the steps and maybe a toque slowpoke as I dokumekaesh advance SPS.bob21

b
bob21 06.02.20

drakuluss
1.Go to the launcher and go to the tab fashion.
2.To create a new mod,enter the name,select Aleternative history.Click on Create mod.
3.To check whether a checkmark and run the game.
4.To start a new game for any country and rewinding one day.
5.Save and exit the game.
7.To move to the folder C:\Users\имя user\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod\bessarabia(the mod name).
Spoiler
The states files folders copied from the root(for the scopes).Same thing with the flags of gfx.

D
DragonLord1917 06.02.20

How to country configure the commanders of the army and Navy, what kind of file you need to steal from the original game and edit???

M
MrElehock 06.02.20

Listen how to create your region? Well, or to change the name of the city?

m
mafia60000 06.02.20

MrElehock
Creating your regions: create your region, you are prescribed a new file, which is located in the history/state prescribe a new text file. For example 743-Naboo, and examples of other steate in the folder and write the province who want to see in their region.
The name of cities name of cities and regions located in the folder localisation there looking for the file victory_points_l_russian (name of cities) and state_names_l_russian (name of regions) and the example there, writing their name for their regions or cities, or change their name.
Good luck in modding.

G
Guk200 06.02.20

Created a new country on the territory of Belgium, the Netherlands, a little more Germany and France.
Made as shown in the guide.
Run the game and all countries except mine is missing!

G
Guk200 06.02.20