3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
A_QuartZ 11.02.20 02:00 pm

Thinking out loud about pumping the pilots (BattleTech)

After the first passage had to spend my mistakes in the pumping of pilots and the development of the division. Started from the situation that awaits most players by the end of the story and unlocking card.

In the end, we have at least two assault mech, with good armor, a margin of tonnage under body kit and quite a good combination of slots for weapons. Good preparation for the future tanks. But with tanks and start.

1. Tanks should be two. Contracts for 4-5 skulls are already suggesting that yawning in open areas, you can obtain 200-300, and even more alpha strike from the enemy. If the tank one, then after that he's useless and lance flow.

2. The tank only need the first skill line of survivability. The actual dogfight on mobile and poorly armed light and medium fur. The assault at the alpha with a range of 300+ burst forth to swoop in and get 150-200 damage for unarmed damage - are not rational.

3. The second and third skills - definitely, shooting. In a complete package they work best. For example - standing in the Bulwark the main weapon in the next, and LRM, bypassing protections, at the entrenched enemy to defender. Or on the fur that you want to get Selvagem - on damage stability and knockdown. Or finishing off with bypass protection.

The third pilot, which must be - tactics. To highlight the turret, the cars of the convoy, an unknown enemy. Tactics should be in the squad.

1. Two skills tactics is a must. First to go is helpful. As a rule.

2. Bouncing fur. The key to a successful scout. Jump over the mountain and illuminate, catch up on Jarrah the fleeing enemy, the most flexible choice of positions to move and Dodge from high jumps.

3. The scout is a unit which usually first comes in contact with the enemy. He has a high chance to break and to hold. Therefore, the third skill needs to add survivability. You can, of course, to take Bulwark, the first blow to survive in oborote from the jump and then tank armor, but it's not too effective. Jumping mechs with high speed is usually not the best tanks. But the extra evasion will not be superfluous. I took the third skill is evasion of piloting.

The fourth unit I have, or usually missile boat or in each barrel bung. Critical requirements for fourth in the lance game is not intended. I use a rolling pilot - arrow, it is suitable for both my chosen combat roles.

1. Two shooting skills. The main task is fire support. Secondary task is to ensure the lens quality Selvagem. I have this pilot works for the rebound and the collapse of the stability of the enemies. And here it is often useful not to pour into the purpose of extra damage. Left 15хп in DH - threw a pack ЛРМ20 - differently will finish. The rest is in another enemy. You need to drop the destabilized enemy - kicked his racket or a gun, the rest of the damage where needed.

2. The third skill is evasion. This pilot often has to respond to the rounds, reinforcement, sometimes to help finish off the convoy, or to support the scout in a bypass maneuver.

3. Jampa. I put. The variability of action in the battle of 100-ton irons are not particularly big, as speed events. Two hoppers (with the scout), or even three, if one of the tanks in the first scene the fur, allow you to play in tactics, and not only the"accumulated moral - rearranged the tank.

Of course, this is all IMHO. But I think the logic is there, and in my experience can be useful, especially for beginners or slightly familiar with the universe. Good luck to all fighting!)
4 Comments
Sort by:
D
Deimos-D 11.02.20

I tried MechWarrior with a set of perks - multitarget, breaching shot and bulgarcom. And furs gathered under such pilots. Inefficient work. Not only that, the average damage per turn, such combination is not the best, average damage stability is also poor, and the damage has spread across the enemies for breaching shots. From what I tried, the most effective is mechs with the maximum possible amount of SRM, miniguns and m-lasers/ballistics in addition to the remaining space in the bottle. In this case, armor is full. Hitsingle clog the strip of bitmanagement exactly high. Jump jets put the fur as much as allowed by the design. Of additional modules - Cockpit to ignore damage of the pilot and Jiro in ST for X% of the damage stability. Perks of pilots - bulwark and +1 to initiative. These perks drastically surpass the efficiency of all the others, Yes it is still possible to take together. Through sensor-Locke used once for a couple dozen fights, that is, do not pay attention to it. Mechs kill enemy in focus. First fall down to the ground (removes all effects) and then achieve the aimed shots in ST. Morality in aimed shots do not need to spend because it goes to the production of fur in Harded right at the approach to the distance of the attacks without losing the attack.
Pure elegance tactics instead of 4 identical mechs in a lance charge 3 tank SRM/m-lasers and a single artillery with a LRM (in assault-lance is a Stalker with 50 missiles). My most rigid lance, who has no enemies, neither in suretka or in the contracts - is a Stalker-gunner, 2 crab, with 24 missiles (4хSRM6) and M-laser, the fourth is either an Atlas II with AC2+Gauss, a pair of m-lasers and a pair of SRM6 or third crab. By the way, the artillery in the head can be paphnuti +morale per turn instead to the damage of the pilot.
Usually, two turns - it's one less mech the enemy. If the enemy is weaker mechs or pirates, then they burst faster. Purely because of sujecki and contracts for the murder of count ammunition on 19 shots for the fight, the rest of this enough with a large margin. Tanks under bulvaram due to the -50% damage and full armor holding a long time, only turn them on the different sides from time to time. Jump jets allow you to take the most advantageous position at the beginning of contact and caring from the fire could better jumps.
The campaign mode was long, hours 80 do experiments with a body kit of a bellows, and combinations of perks. Tried a bunch of different tactics. Described above is the optimal according to three criteria: the average damage per turn average damage stability per turn, the least amount of critical damage as a result of combat (i.e. the minimum waiting time of repair). The lances take is equal to the enemy by the stars. There is one but - this tactic loses effectiveness when using 2 or more light mechs in the lance, or when bellows kit power, that is designed for a direct destruction of the enemies without dealing damage stability.

A
A_QuartZ 11.02.20

Are you trying to slacsite each fur (what is weird for me) - I sharpened the whole lance. The damage for pricinga not smeared from lance. Just damageda two enemies. If both the guard that the computer is rare, it is 100%LRM damage to one and 50% the rest on the other, at least. Now take 90-110 LRM on lance, you do it.) Damage stability enough each turn to drop any, with guards or without, only from LRM.)

SRM, miniguns and foreign ministries as the main damage? And how many run when they get starts, especially when all sorts of reinforcements from afar with missiles and pizamy watering? It is, of course damage, but fires less rounds per battle than universal setups.

Full armor? Less than ML and Kutsenko, what else to say. Basic enough for the eyes everywhere in the two tanks. If you don't have something wrong doing.
For example, how many alpha gives your Atlas 2? My - 487. Rim damage in the scheme of the fur is filled in until it stops at 300+.)))

The same can't drive. Even when I was three Orion lance, for lack of anything better, they were two different models and two lightweight still zapitany different.

According to lance. Stalker is good. 50 missiles is bad. My rides with 40 missiles, 6 foreign Ministers and jampani. The damage above. Almost not heated. Maybe 3-4 moves under fire tank to vorotah from Jampa and shelters in the forest types and actively fight on the middle distance. Atlas 2 - divine. The best mech in the game. And then the catch at the base of the Atlas, king Crab and Highlander scene exactly the same maximum payload. They differ only in the sets hardpoints. Three tanks, I find it boring and unnecessary. So, my choice is satin 2, Highlander 732Б, Stalker and Osom or Orion, depends on do I need a scout with initiative 3.)

Cartridges take АС20 - 10 pieces, missiles 12-15 volleys. Enough.

Crab with 24СРМ+1 ML it is just 4х72+35=323 In the maximum, with all guns +++. And only melee. My almost drain gives a 370 or 400, depends on the choice ЛРМ15 - damage or stabiliti. Melee 310, but 2АС20 not smeared with unsighted shots as 4СРМ. And he shoots something completely every turn, when there is a target, even without line of sight. It hangs out in the second lance, tractor to fight an adult learner.)

Atlas 2. By the way, AS2 is 35 damage? Did not pay attention, rarely use it.) Even if they are 35+75+(2х35)+(2х72)= 324. Wrote above - my 487.

As for me, you have little damage. This delays the fights. I'm not surprised you need the full armor and three tanks. Because the enemies die too late, and damaged you longer. I prefer tank damage. Almost every fight from about the middle starts Domino effect - the enemies are already leaking, the bonus morale for the murder of the first or second allows you to PereVesti sighting rest.

The clock did not count total days in the two mines are about 6000. The lances stars do not measure. There is a heavy nursery of 2 Knights, Orion and Catapult at 3-3.5 skull walk. Tractor a little more experienced, satin. Crab, Osom (rocket), Orion - drive them at 4-4.5 or take on replacement pilots wounded in any composition. And veterans plot - only 5 skulls, only hardcore.) Each fur with your pilot, if you change a wounded pilot in some lens- along with the fur.)

V
Ving Demon 11.02.20

All people should be the first skill of survivability...most of the time to fire walk is optional, but standing get the cutting damage, two shooting skill, another two tactics (one on a mech with high alpha, used for precision sawing of CT, the other on the LRM boat to fire the canopy) when the main pilots will swing to the tactics 8+, you can leave one tactics ...Perks on the movement is garbage....Tactics generally steers as it gives a bonus to the shot in specific body parts

A
A_QuartZ 11.02.20

Wing Demon wrote:
All people should be the first skill of survivability..
I do not need it all. Those who lack the morals to dig in on the first go - or get full damage, or they will not be able to draw close enough for an effective strike, not to be substituted. Many sujeto need at least one oborochek for successful completion. And contracts to intercept the convoy usually does not hurt. Two tanks keep the damage fairly well. But the new patch also adds stability.