3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
- kerl 11.02.20 02:03 pm

The inability to be preserved.. (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

so I bought the GOTY edition recently.Started the game as 10 minutes...And see that when you try to persist writessave the new in this version is not compatible with previous versions of.I tried to find the cause of this disease but all to no avail.And quite desperate,decided to ask here...
13 Comments
Sort by:
H
Hattack 11.02.20

- kerl wrote:
saving created in this version are not compatible with previous versions
It is NOT the inability to persist... please read Carefully what is said. This version of the game does NOT allow you to use the saving to lower version of the game. Even to paraphrase?

-
- kerl 11.02.20

please,if possible,rephrase so it dawned on me...but why this version of the game does not allow me to remain to the example using the same f5.Every time you launch the game resets everything,including the graphics settings as usual to solve this problem?

M
MagicHero 11.02.20

- kerl
Apparently the pirates have removed crooked, just the folder and in the registry all the left. Here is the game and sees in the registry one in the game more and gives a third. Although it may not even be in the registry and in configuration files of the game which is in the my documents in the root drive. And apparently the pirates put these files, as often happens with overwrite protection, which litsuha just are unable to change them and seeing different versions of give what gives. And settings are for this reason constantly reset because the file is not with them change.

W
Wolf_7491 11.02.20

- kerl
try to go C:\Users\имя_пользователя\Documents\The Witcher 3\ there you will find the user file.settings try to remove it, the game will generate itself and reset the settings.

-
- kerl 11.02.20

Sergey Kuznecov
I there is unfortunately no folder user.settings,gamesaves only,which is empty.

W
Wolf_7491 11.02.20

- kerl
only one folder and no other file? There should be a file input.settings it is responsible for the management and user.settings this game settings, but if not then not a scary game itself should create.

-
- kerl 11.02.20

MagicHero,it sounds plausible,maybe it is,I don't know how to completely remove the old files,those that remained of the pirates?

-
- kerl 11.02.20

Sergey Kuznecov
alas..Yes( only one..All the other game files are in the folder stemapps/common...

W
Wolf_7491 11.02.20

- kerl
need to launch the application uninstall.exe it should be in the game folder(may be called slightly differently) in the steam version there is no such file(because the incentive is a function of removal)

M
MagicHero 11.02.20

- kerl
- kerl wrote:
I there is unfortunately no folder user.settings,gamesaves only,which is empty.
I pirate the Witcher 3 did not put because bought on pre-order but I know that many pirates use other ways to save and you might have a case. So look in the net description pirate set, where the pirates ordered the save files, then the campaign is also a the registry have to be cleaned. But it is possible and easier, you may have deleted prirucku just deleting the folder, which was wrong. And if so then delete the steam version, re-put the version of pirates that used the last time, then remove it using uninstall which is located in the installation folder of the pirates.
In General, pirates like that should suffer for what pirates such a great game )))

W
Wolf_7491 11.02.20

- kerl
if the problem is in the registry then perhaps it is better to reset, but only in case if all else fails(if there's no other way) I personally have a problem with the save was made when saving in version 1.31 and tried to run from a friend, and his version 1.22 is not difficult to guess nothing came of it.

-
- kerl 11.02.20

MagicHero
For me windows 10 will be easier to reset to factory settings, download steam, and then the license.) But I don't have time, will start this probably in a week. When you do all of these treatments, then unsubscribe in the comments how it went. But if this method doesn't work,it means that I am deeply a heap, guys)...

-
- kerl 11.02.20

Well...), I Dumped Windows earlier than scheduled and reinstalled the Witcher.And! VOILA! Conservation began to work and the settings don't reset. And thank you, MagicHero!Thanks to you I found the source of all these problems with the game, which soon eliminated)