3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Allinos 11.02.20 02:06 pm

The choice of the network filter

Advise a reliable surge protector for a computer to take to work when overloaded, and that the filter is not warm. I heard that there are separate switches for each outlet, here such would be super. Need 4 socket, 2 meters, able to withstand not less than 2 KW, let it be with a better margin.
50 Comments
Sort by:
G
Gera95 11.02.20

I found that ask, they are all the same. Go to the store, so choose one you fancy. The only UPS it to you in any case not replace.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.02.20

overheating I haven't heard of it
and peck-peck I once bought active network filter somewhere on edokov 750W
the actual piquadro it is not needed as it has the PSU does the same thing
but the expensive peripherals it may not hurt
but it turned out that it hums and clicks and this game turns the electricity itself
if the voltage in the power circuit somewhere or a loose contact pitch, he still can not keep
so now voschem works as a stand for socks
and buy can a regular outlet with fuse or UPS then PEK-PEK. 2kV is probably 30-60 thousand rubles

m
ministr-s 11.02.20

on account of overheating is certainly bent a little, but that would be voltage cut off, like this may come -Sven Platinum, I like that you can separately turn off the wall socket if not using constantly some. Overall just a normal power strip, without unnecessary problems.

M
MuSStafA 11.02.20

Allinos wrote:
and to the filter itself did not change.
And what there is to bask? If the contact plugs and copper in the filter is normal, nothing to be heated will not be. Main thing is to avoid sparks at the contact point. But if dumb, the filter lights up, so the case of this platinum Sven from fire-resistant plastic, for example. Significant advantage to safety. And everywhere now equatie manufacturers use flame retardant plastic.

A
Allinos 11.02.20

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
the actual piquadro it is not needed as it has the PSU does the same thing
I had a case that without the filter of BP burned from changes in the network. So it is better to let burn the filter than the power supply.
MuSStafA wrote:
But if dumb, the filter lights up, so the case of this platinum Sven from fire-resistant plastic, for example.
Hood, see if it's in the sale. What are his options? The maximum load?

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

Allinos
From changes in network no surge protector will not save you! And you will save a voltage regulator or a UPS (UPS) with the function of stabilization . A surge protector basically just makes a short high voltage surges, caused for example by switching in the power grid or from lightning. Is no longer what it doesn't save. Ie what a surge protector will protect your equipment - possible, but unlikely.
And good power supplies have all the necessary buns.
Here, read for what the network filter https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A1%D0%B5%D1%82%D0%B5%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B9_%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%82%D1%80

R
RikoChiko 11.02.20

There are two models of APC (the equipment from this company often suggest) one to eight forks, the other on four. One in four sometimes starts to short the power button when it switches. Both work for almost 10 years.
There is still the Most Elite with switches for each outlet. So it sparks sometimes when you insert the plug. And the lights on the switches died after a week of use. He has two more USB is for charging, they did not work.
The only thing I understood in the choice of the network filter, they are all guano. And you need to have good wiring and fuses. And for the protection of equipment set UPS.

M
MuSStafA 11.02.20

Recochica wrote:
The only thing I understood in the choice of the network filter, they are all guano.
Ryazancev wrote:
And good power supplies have all the necessary buns.
Guys, it is better perebzdet than nedobzdet. In Sven platinum varistor protection, peritomy EMC filter, automatic recoverable fuse against short circuit and overloads. Even just taking into account his penny value it is better to let the network filter will be n the forefront of the defense (it is easier to replace if you burn), I then I BP, or even worse - matuku.

s
saa0891 11.02.20

These little switches for each outlet kapets what shit do,it burns out the lights,then the switch will break (not on a single filter break),although they are quite comfortable,allow you to turn off that one thing and not all at once to cut off.

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

MuSStafA
Spoilerly five years ago I bought for my computer here is such a Sven Platinum Pro 1.8 m, was initially very pleased with the purchased - convenience, all in the socket and is not necessary once again with forks and outlets to indulge in, at night you can see which socket is enabled and that it is necessary to viluchiti. That's a plus.

And now the cons switches are heated by light bulbs, light bulb eventually burns out and no longer visible in the night switches, i.e., forks are left in the sockets. Some of the switches started badly at times be included, but still the flare nut to check of years this time if every day to switch on and off several times is at least 2000 off on these switches.

But the worst was yet to come - a fire in the socket left of the charger from the laptop OEM LITEON Acer 135w AC adapter + cord for Aspire V17 Nitro vn7-791g-73aw - which have stopped working, the power supply for the Wi-Fi of rotor Hyawey also stopped working the phone home LG (burned himself and power supply) - now for some reason very hot, but it works, charger from mobile phone Nokio - which the same has stopped working, or rather melted to the temperature.

And burned down the network filter from the fact that broken neutral wire in the panel of the entrance and the line voltage is increased to 380 volts. Very well lit with crackling blue flame and a terrible stench of plastic. I slept the sleep of the dead, hard, good wife heard a pop and ran with his jeans which lay on a chair and prihlebyvaja put out the fire, while pulling from the main socket Sven Platinum Pro 1.8 m, and thus spoil your jeans but saving the entire family!

Took the filter to the garden there is all melted and charred. Didn't know he had such a task to handle or not. but the impressions were not the best.
Read more on Adzovic:
http://otzovik.com/review_2598420.html - a simple analogue of the same company.
Homeopathy and the placebo effect also helps.
Especially smiled at the description of DNS: SVEN Platinum in the literal sense of the word filters and stabilizes the voltage of the outlet. And there reviews are good.
Here's a good short article http://jelektro.ru/covety-elektrika/setevoj-filtr.html

R
RikoChiko 11.02.20

MuSStafA
So I stop talking crap and such effects have received, and I nedostachi offer.

M
MunchkiN 616 11.02.20

here's network Pitch filter approximately
http://pcm.ru/catalog/item/1829/
http://ippon.ru/catalog/item/avr-1000
http://ippon.ru/catalog/item/avr-3000

I have particularly described above from POWERCOM only less cotton model

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

MunchkiN 616
Dear friend, do you think there is a difference between a surge protector and voltage stabilizer?

M
MunchkiN 616 11.02.20

Ryazancev
with the described problem for these devices

by the way one of my friends claimed that a normal surge protector doesn't really stand out. in particular, he is unable to suppress interference arising from the good Soviet razor or a drill if it is connected somewhere in the vicinity.
I really have a bakery connected network of conventional filters, one of which has more than 15 years but they seem to just be used as outlet

b
bloomm 11.02.20

Allinos wrote:
reliable network filter
Better to buy a reliable PSU + UPS, the network filter is a stupid extension cord in most cases, those who for 200-300 RUB even guard have not.

R
Ryazancev 11.02.20

bloomm
I have a regular power strip with fuse after turning the old refrigerator clicking sound in the headphones and the speakers.

L
Luka_gg 11.02.20

Allinos
Allinos wrote:
I had a case that without the filter of BP burned from changes in the network
Duck You need a voltage regulator, not a surge protector. It will be more effective at your job. I connected the fridge, PC, TV, printer.
Recommendation:do Not buy cheap filters – they will not save your equipment.
Without a doubt, voltage stabilizer for home use are very useful and preferable network filter. In contrast to the simple filter design, the stabilizer has a complex multi-level system of protection that is at times better able to protect equipment.
The use of a network filter will be sufficient only if you have no problems with drops and power surges, especially downward, the light does not blink, does not change its brightness and will not turn off.
Do not buy cheap tool – it will do more harm than good.
Good quality stabilizer – the thing is quite expensive. Its purchase would be justified 100% in cases where: the voltage so low that the appliances don't work. This is especially true for rural areas; when the price of household appliances in three or more times the cost of the stabilizer.
In other cases, the presence of the stabilizer would also be appropriate to extend the service life of electrical appliances and protect them from potential problems in the network.
I have krauler vr-n3000va. Stabilizer relay type.
By the way, the stabilizer has the function of a network filter.
The UPS should be considered in EXTREME cases. From bliss should be abandoned, expensive, heavy, battery life.

R
Riftile 11.02.20

I am sven took just because of the possibility to control different devices when it is impossible to do the wiring sockets in the wall. connected slow cooker, coffee maker and toaster - no need to constantly pull out the plug from the socket, just flip the toggle switch (and of course don'T use all that stuff at the same time, and what I recommend).

Ryazancev
the history on this usovice - enchanting. If the zero broke off and went 380V lines, then the man would have burned all the appliances in the apartment (and not only one), and some literally ( I refuse to believe that he is every time night turns off ALL electrical appliances from the sockets, but even if does so, it remains the fridge :) ). And too selectively to write that the surge protector is bad - the same can be said about any other technique, which allowed 380V. So by.

g
gennaz 11.02.20

I Krauler 2000d works 4 years,I am very pleased.
Spoiler

A
Allinos 11.02.20

VOVAN WOLF wrote:
Duck You need a voltage regulator, not a surge protector. It will be more effective at your job. I connected the fridge, PC, TV, printer.
No longer needed, all the network problems I decided. Just want to play it safe and get the filter all the same happens.
Riftile
I'm planning to take shutdown of individual outlets, also rides so much more convenient, than each time to pull the outlet out of the filter.
gennaz
I like it, it is a pity that expensive. Want 2 times cheaper to find.