3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
d
dsom 22.09.19 12:11 pm

The crisis of ideas ? (GRID (2019))

Why more and more games appear in the reprints ? There are no new ideas ?
7 Comments
Sort by:
w
william1992 22.09.19

dsom
Good morning
Five years entertainment industry is mired in a crisis of ideas. Solid sequels, prequels, remakes and re-releases.
But specifically in this case, I'm very happy of this re-release, if everything was moved from the original: partners, sponsors and other pleasant things

I
Igor Ostapenko 22.09.19

New ideas is a risk. Why once again to take risks, to reinvent the wheel if there are time-tested ideas? If the game for a long time did not go in the form of sequels (five years or more), then restart the series it's quite normal (deprecated elements replaced by a more convenient and friendly, to raise the schedule to add modern features to make it interesting) - to breathe new life into the stale franchise. Everything new is well forgotten old (there is such a saying). The reissue is not bad, because the only way to get good old game with a new look, but the fact that the developers simplify the game, make it more casual or just doing a bold movie, and the gameplay is put on the second or third plan - this may disappoint the fans or people who wanted exactly what it was but only for new graphics. The more developers listen to the players the better. GRID is a racing game from Codemasters that can put it on the rails of the conveyor as the same F1, which will mean a reissue of the game with minimal changes every year, and can not supply what will happen next only they know... I hope that the new GRID will be able to compete with the now popular Forza Horizon, Project CARS, Assetto Corsa. Even the new Need For Speed on the approach - let's see what it will do - whether it will be like the last two parts, whether they will show something similar to the legendary Underground

B
Barsik38 22.09.19

It's simple: the development of major games costs millions of dollars and years of work. If this game fails in sales, then it will entail huge losses for the publisher. So the publisher doesn't want to risk making something new, unique and gives the money only on something that most likely will continue what sold well before, sequels, remakes, remaster, restarts. We have the industry mired in the franchise, because the goal of development is to make a profit and not a new experience for players or realization of creative potential.

M
Marsj 22.09.19

What may be new ideas in the racing game...
... create a fictional world with its motor racing on the tracks-the designers...
... a sea of fantasy, but the game will not be GRID.

S
Subaru MotorSports 22.09.19

dsom
Codemasters lazy, take DiRT Rally 2.0 is now for him to sell the track from DiRT Rally, GRID in 2019 will also be tracks from previous games, in my opinion they spoil their reputation and reduce sales.

S
SanSanZ 22.09.19

The Codemasters in General are doing poorly. So to risk and to roll out new IP they will not, and it is evident that the budgets of their games are much more modest than before. Now racing is generally difficult, expensive clean arcade (like split\second, motorstorm, Fuel, blur, not Forza Horizon) disappeared altogether, and simulation (or pseudosymmetry) something else goes.

N
Nemezis 22.09.19

SanSanZ wrote:
The Codemasters in General things are going not very
Of course not. Removed the physics of water, trees made of cardboard, was killed lighting... Grifoni in their new games so shameful that Grids and Dirty of 11-13 years look like the next-gen. Who would buy this shit?