3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Proshedshiy bezdnu 13.02.20 03:28 pm

The Russian classic game dies (King's Bounty 2)

King's Bounty without a doubt one of the best representatives of the Russian game development. But after seeing pre-release materials, I came to a screeching halt - from the old concept almost nothing left. How so? Who ever is doing the second part?
Your predictions and suggestions, guesses, facts on the game please describe here :)
16 Comments
Sort by:
g
gmh4589 13.02.20

Wait and see)
Don't know what to expect, hoping for the best. And the old concept - it needed to be changed in any case, the fifth consecutive game in which almost nothing changed except the characters obviously would not have gone to the audience. People began to probablility already in the Warrior of the North. And yet it is strange that not continued a system of supplements to the Princess in the armor with pumping units, it would be at least some diversity.
Another question is how it will be played, and these things will be implemented.

P
Proshedshiy bezdnu 13.02.20

The Princess in the armor there is the second and last thing :(

A
Andrei YP 13.02.20

King's Bounty is like Heroes of Might and Magic, it has its pluses, but overall, Heroes are more popular. Therefore, a turn towards RPG, the second part is a great idea. The game will be more interesting, more diverse and have a coherent plot. Especially because we kind of learned how to do real role-playing, look at the Pathfinder Kingmaker, on RPG ATOM. So in my opinion the developers have chosen the right direction. But that's just my personal opinion. And those who are missing heroes like King's Bounty, the first part and all its add-ons and today looks quite decent, can be replayed time and again, as I periodically play old Heroes 3.

P
Proshedshiy bezdnu 13.02.20

Andrei YP wrote:
Especially because we kind of learned how to do real role-playing, look at the Pathfinder Kingmaker, on RPG ATOM.
Heh. Previously, one of the best iannamico called Space Rangers did.

A
Andrei YP 13.02.20

Past the abyss
Well, Space Rangers is a great game, but there was just a mixture of several genres. Clean and decent RPGs Baldurs Gate or Fallout, we did not yet know how to do. Of course King's Bounty 2 will also be a mix of couple of genres, but the RPG-part of considerable promise.

M
Mr IZI 23.10.20

Andrei YP
To combine genres and make them in demand in equal proportions the task is much more difficult than to glue a separate canon. That's the joke.

K
Kalita 23.10.20

times are changing, and games have to change, too, as we don't like it.

K
Konrad Marburg 05.08.21

And fuck her. Legends and princesses are not enough for you? And 2 more dull addons? Do you want the same cabbage soup again? What is the interest to be bullied on the same thing?

T
Tyckas123 28.08.21

Game classics are dying altogether, because everyone turned out to be. After all, the new generation of players will not be thrilled looking at Jim the Worm on the Sega. Therefore, you just need to play what you like, and not participate in srach about any game.

s
stone06 28.08.21

Well, I don't know ... How many people, so many opinions, of course, but ...
For whom was the second part made? The answer is obvious - for those who stuck into a princess in armor and others like her. For those who plunged into a beautifully pr (and) (o) thought and elaborated fantasy (fairy) world. For those who downloaded soundtracks from games and listened to them in the car. For those who were waiting for a sequel, but on an even larger scale (there were plenty of topics for the development of the plot). You could have left the good old cartoon tale and just add cinematic dubbed videos, as in the same diablo. In the end, it turned out what happened. This is not Kings Bounty. Seven years of expectation and hopes to the point.

K
Kvasilich 28.08.21

Well, comrades, after twenty years of waiting, we received another disciples 3, now from the world of King`s Bounty - and again decay, again hopelessness and incomprehensible domestic developers who imagine themselves smarter than Katauri. They may finish the jambs, but the former zest has already been hopelessly crushed by a dirty boot.

S
ShershnD 31.08.21

There was an interesting, bright, atmospheric strategy - they made a dull, glitchy underdog - walker walker, through the corners of the trap ...
IN MIUSOR, DEVELOPED TO THE WALL FOR INTRUSION OVER THE LIGHT MEMORY! (((

A
Alexey Kuznetsov 31.08.21

Released a curve remake of the art of war
From the king bounty just a name

M
MunchkiN 616 31.08.21

like a normal game. I watched her gameplay for 7 hours so I wanted to run. Only in my case it is difficult to think about how to use units with limited resources, you can stick in the nada to immediately draw up a strategy and stick to it.
and kb1 descended several times tried to go through it and add some of your 5 minutes to play.

g
gekans 20.02.22

gomnische

A
AndreySol 01.07.22

Who-thread has information why the developers of the second game just screwed up and crap everything for which the players loved the first game ??? Or is it a sign of a general degradation of the gaming industry?
Now there is a lot of whining that because of the sanctions, the Russians will be left without normal games. If the future of "normal games" is shit like the second version of Kings Bounty, then I agree - let us be left without such shit ...